Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates

Or maybe keep him until the number one pick is ready and you're sure he's gonna work out

Nonsense...We have Rosen at an incredible value...having two young talented QB’s battling to start is not a bad thing. Don’t forget the Eagles recently won a Super Bowl because they had two quality QB’s.

Dude, they know we need to draft someone next year, as high as we possibly can, regardless of what happens with Rosen. He’s not set up to succeed here anyways. These guys are both crash test dummies behind this Oline.
I know that, but I have serious doubts this front office knows anything.

So MIA is trying to do something at OL, maybe?

Makes no sense. That dudes a left tackle. Zero sense

If you gonna trade for someone inquire about Zach Conklin and hope like heck he didn’t play over his head as a rookie and his injury prone days are behind him. Lot of buyer beware here.

Still won’t move the needle enough though

Makes no sense. That dudes a left tackle. Zero sense

If you gonna trade for someone inquire about Zach Conklin and hope like heck he didn’t play over his head as a rookie and his injury prone days are behind him. Lot of buyer beware here.

Still won’t move the needle enough though

Saw someplace they would play him at RT... doesn't seem to make sense to me idk..

Supposedly Pats and Texans have interest also

Last edited:
Its just crazy how our picks at the oline are duds. Grier is getting on the hot seat imo.

So there’s no way Flores and co can coach up these rookie guards huh? That’s disappointing but then why bring in Rosen or even Fitz for that matter? We’re not going to get a true evaluation and are likely to end two careers in one year, one due to injury, the other due David Carr syndrome.

Its just crazy how our picks at the oline are duds. Grier is getting on the hot seat imo.

Yup and this is the guy in charge of picking the next qb. So yay let’s tank because there’s no why to mess this up right???

Yup and this is the guy in charge of picking the next qb. So yay let’s tank because there’s no why to mess this up right???

The fear is that he goes the safe route just like every other high pick he’s made.

That feels like a Fromm add. High floor type

I can’t see Trent Williams going for that unless Miami made him highest paid tackle in football in the process

I was just hoping they really are looking to upgrade the OL via trade is possible.

If you have Tunsil, a center that holds up and one of the guards to play decent and could add one more ‘decent’ OL .. maybe we could have an ‘average’ OL at least.

It doesn’t feel very New England if this o line can’t play above it’s talent and we can’t get pass rush from trash edge talent

And that’s what I thought we were buying with Flores and crew. Or at least I was told we were.

Things get real week 1.

You literally have to take pity on Rosen with that BS in front of him. The dam broke damn near every play.

Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie haven’t been here long but the team’s drafting has been disheartening. Allen has a good reputation so maybe he will turn it around going forward. But, the years keep changing and the results are the same. Even if you set aside Day 1, it’s damn near a miracle how poor the Dolphins are at drafting especially on Day 2, where you’re supposed to get your fair share of starters and nucleus of the roster. They do ok on day 3 as they can identify some reasonable contributors from the back end.

McMillan can’t play the pass. Ok. Guess what, he has no idea how to read the run either. He hits the wrong gap routinely like he’s done no preparation and has no instincts. Gesicki? He’s a one trick pony who can jump and might be able to make a play that way. He should contribute at least as a role player so shouldn’t be another Egnew. But can we really rule that out either? You could make an argument that the best move with him would be to try to get a fifth or sixth back for him. If both of these guys were cut tomorrow the franchise’s prospects would not change one bit. They’re irrelevant either way.

If you took the 20 posters here with the most interest in the draft and polled them, you’d have better results. You keep hearing how “well respected” guys like Adam Engroff, Ron Brockington et al. are, yet they were here when we drafted Egnew, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, McMillan, Gesicki... you could go on and on. It’s not a theoretical job. It’s results-based.

It’d be nice if we had an owner even marginally involved. I’d do a full on audit of how they literally miss on all offensive line picks outside of the top 20. In other words, if the guy isn’t an obvious starter coming out of college, they whiff. Every #$&@ time. How is this allowed to continue in perpetuity? Hire outside consultants and investigate it like a normal business would address a weak spot. Yet we continue to act like it’s rocket science.

My best hope from Ross is he’s ordering a code Aqua where he is demanding they get Tua. It’s been speculated that Ross covets him.

I do get a bad hunch Grier wasn't a diamond in the rough the last 20 years and he has culpability in the failures of this franchise. He's probably guaranteed at least 3 seasons though so all we can do is see what he does with the opportunity.

The fear is that he goes the safe route just like every other high pick he’s made.

That feels like a Fromm add. High floor type

I’m not too sure he’s better than Rosen. Small hands, arm strength pocket presence issues, etc.. If we’re picking a qb he better be a definite upgrade, Especially I’d there’s a trade up involved.

I do get a bad hunch Grier wasn't a diamond in the rough the last 20 years and he has culpability in the failures of this franchise. He's probably guaranteed at least 3 seasons though so all we can do is see what he does with the opportunity.

He’s front and center now. No reason his head shouldn’t be on the block.

Back
Top Bottom