Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates

It doesn’t feel very New England if this o line can’t play above it’s talent and we can’t get pass rush from trash edge talent

And that’s what I thought we were buying with Flores and crew. Or at least I was told we were.

Things get real week 1.

This is where I’m at. We better be able to scheme some sort of pass rush and coach up those rookie guards ASAP. Otherwise how is Flores any better than Gase.

I’m not too sure he’s better than Rosen. Small hands, arm strength pocket presence issues, etc.. If we’re picking a qb he better be a definite upgrade, Especially I’d there’s a trade up involved.

There’s no way he should go # 1. I can see 7 to 12 maybe even 5 depending on what QBs go in front of him and demand but # 1 hell no

He’s front and center now. No reason his head shouldn’t be on the block.

I agree with you. I don't think an audit of when he was named GM and the moves named since then would go well.

In fact i think the only reason he still has his job is because he sided with Ross last season that we needed to find a QB.

There’s no way he should go # 1. I can see 7 to 12 maybe even 5 depending on what QBs go in front of him and demand but # 1 hell no

For me he’s a hell no in the top 10 and maybe even top 20. Although, I guess it really depends on how much he develops this season.

For me he’s a hell no in the top 10 and maybe even top 20. Though, for me, it really depends on how much he develops this season.

Might just come down to fit as in fits your scheme. Physical tools wise that doesn’t sniff top 5.

Huh funny, when you look at Super Star Carson Wentz's career he has struggled every year except for one (2017) when he had this cake schedule (naturally lost to the only good teams they played that year in KC and Sea), but nobody cares about that because he's a Super Star lmao:

Week Date Opponent Result Record Game site NFL.com
recap
September 10 at Washington Redskins W 30–17 1–0 FedExField Recap
2 September 17 at Kansas City Chiefs L 20–27 1–1 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
3 September 24 New York Giants W 27–24 2–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
4 October 1 at Los Angeles Chargers W 26–24 3–1 StubHub Center Recap
5 October 8 Arizona Cardinals W 34–7 4–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
6 October 12 at Carolina Panthers W 28–23 5–1 Bank of America Stadium Recap
7 October 23 Washington Redskins W 34–24 6–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
8 October 29 San Francisco 49ers W 33–10 7–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
9 November 5 Denver Broncos W 51–23 8–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
10 Bye
11 November 19 at Dallas Cowboys W 37–9 9–1 AT&T Stadium Recap
12 November 26 Chicago Bears W 31–3 10–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
13 December 3 at Seattle Seahawks L 10–24 10–2 CenturyLink Field Recap
14 December 10 at Los Angeles Rams W 43–35 11–2 Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Recap

Also, RT outplayed Super Star Russell Wilson in both head to heads when they were clearly the better team (thanks Stills), just saying...
This Ryan Tannehill fantasy world you live in is rather bizarre trying to rewrite history with untruths.

The Wentz led Eagles in 2017 beat the 11-5 Rams on the road, 11-5 Panthers on the road, the 9-7 Chargers on the road, the 9-7 Cowboys at home and the 8-8 Cardinals at home and led them to an 11-2 overall record.

The Tannehill led Dolphins in 2016 only beat one team with a non-losing record, the Steelers at home and that was due to picking off Roethlesberger twice setting up 10 points and Ajayi rushing for 204 yards and 2 TDs. Tannehill was efficient that game as the run set up the pass, yet RT didn't throw a TD in that game. Literally that was the only quality win the Dolphins had with Tannehill at QB.

The other Dolphin wins when RT started were beating the 1-15 Browns in OT, 2-14 49ers, 4-12 Rams, 5-11 Chargers, 5-11 Jets, 7-9 Bills (Ajayi 214 yards, 1 TD), and the 7-8-1 Cards (Matt Moore GWD after Tannehill hurt knee in 3rd)...in the 7 wins against losing teams Miami didn't beat a single team by more than 7 points with Tannehill under center. The 21 point win against the Jets was with Moore under center.

The Eagles scored 404 points in the 13 games Wentz started in 2017 = 31.1 PPG; 11-2 record (5-2 against non-losing teams; 6-0 against losing teams)
The Dolphins scored 281 points in the 13 games RT started in 2016 = 21.62 PPG; 8-5 record (1-4 against non-losing teams; 6-1 against losing teams)

And I'm not saying Wentz is a superstar. But he clearly is better than Tannehill.

Furthermore; Matt Moore completely outperformed Tannehill in 2016 in relief...Tannehill's supposed best year :)

Tannehill 2016: 67.1% completion, 7.7 YPA, 11.3 YPC, 4.9% TD passes, 3.1% int, 6.9% sacked, 93.5 QB rating, 49.4 QBR...Dolphins 21.62 PPG
M Moore 2016: 63.2% completion, 8.3 YPA, 13.1 YPC, 9.2% TD passes, 3.4% int, 1.1% sacked, 105.6 QB rating, 77.8 QBR...Dolphins 27.33 PPG

As far as against Wilson, Miami and Seattle went 1-1. I do remember Miami's win at home in 2012 in which RT caught a break down 21-7, ball at Seattle 7, 4th Qtr, under 9 minutes to go and RT through an interception in the end zone that would have for all purposes ended the game for a Seahawk win, but the refs called a roughing the passer after Tannehill let go of the intercepted pass as a defender gave Tannehill a love tap to his helmet. In RT's defense he played well after that and great comeback win for Miami at home.

As far as outplaying Wilson both games here is the combined passing for both games:

Wilson: 48-70, 482 yards, 3 TD, 1 int, 96.25 QB rating
Tanne: 34-55, 439 yards, 1 TD, 1 int, 85.34 QB rating

Truly, the love addiction I've seen in your posts toward Tannehill over the years results in pure fantasy by living in a world of what wasn't. Definitely the smart play by Flores seeing the error by Miami in handing RT the keys to the franchise for 7 years and past time to move in a new direction at QB.

This Ryan Tannehill fantasy world you live in is rather bizarre trying to rewrite history with untruths.

The Wentz led Eagles in 2017 beat the 11-5 Rams on the road, 11-5 Panthers on the road, the 9-7 Chargers on the road, the 9-7 Cowboys at home and the 8-8 Cardinals at home and led them to an 11-2 overall record.

The Tannehill led Dolphins in 2016 only beat one team with a non-losing record, the Steelers at home and that was due to picking off Roethlesberger twice setting up 10 points and Ajayi rushing for 204 yards and 2 TDs. Tannehill was efficient that game as the run set up the pass, yet RT didn't throw a TD in that game. Literally that was the only quality win the Dolphins had with Tannehill at QB.

The other Dolphin wins when RT started were beating the 1-15 Browns in OT, 2-14 49ers, 4-12 Rams, 5-11 Chargers, 5-11 Jets, 7-9 Bills (Ajayi 214 yards, 1 TD), and the 7-8-1 Cards (Matt Moore GWD after Tannehill hurt knee in 3rd)...in the 7 wins against losing teams Miami didn't beat a single team by more than 7 points with Tannehill under center. The 21 point win against the Jets was with Moore under center.

The Eagles scored 404 points in the 13 games Wentz started in 2017 = 31.1 PPG; 11-2 record (5-2 against non-losing teams; 6-0 against losing teams)
The Dolphins scored 281 points in the 13 games RT started in 2016 = 21.62 PPG; 8-5 record (1-4 against non-losing teams; 6-1 against losing teams)

And I'm not saying Wentz is a superstar. But he clearly is better than Tannehill.

Furthermore; Matt Moore completely outperformed Tannehill in 2016 in relief...Tannehill's supposed best year :)

Tannehill 2016: 67.1% completion, 7.7 YPA, 11.3 YPC, 4.9% TD passes, 3.1% int, 6.9% sacked, 93.5 QB rating, 49.4 QBR...Dolphins 21.62 PPG
M Moore 2016: 63.2% completion, 8.3 YPA, 13.1 YPC, 9.2% TD passes, 3.4% int, 1.1% sacked, 105.6 QB rating, 77.8 QBR...Dolphins 27.33 PPG

As far as against Wilson, Miami and Seattle went 1-1. I do remember Miami's win at home in 2012 in which RT caught a break down 21-7, ball at Seattle 7, 4th Qtr, under 9 minutes to go and RT through an interception in the end zone that would have for all purposes ended the game for a Seahawk win, but the refs called a roughing the passer after Tannehill let go of the intercepted pass as a defender gave Tannehill a love tap to his helmet. In RT's defense he played well after that and great comeback win for Miami at home.

As far as outplaying Wilson both games here is the combined passing for both games:

Wilson: 48-70, 482 yards, 3 TD, 1 int, 96.25 QB rating
Tanne: 34-55, 439 yards, 1 TD, 1 int, 85.34 QB rating

Truly, the love addiction I've seen in your posts toward Tannehill over the years results in pure fantasy by living in a world of what wasn't. Definitely the smart play by Flores seeing the error by Miami in handing RT the keys to the franchise for 7 years and past time to move in a new direction at QB.

Dude football isn’t a game where stats matter, if they did Marino would have a SB ring. RT beat Seattle the first time when they had a much better team, I don’t even need to watch the replay to know who played better because it had to be RT just logically. The second time was in Seattle, where again the Seahawks had a better team and not only did Stills drop that critical pass, but RW threw a bad pick in that game and RT played clean. Seattle still barely won at home where they are much tougher, thanks Kenny (stats lol).

I’m regards to Wentz the reality is they piled on the points and stats against some horrible teams that year (with a loaded offense), and the defenses they played were extremely weak. Against Carolina Wentz was gifted 2 picks inside the CAR 20 (stats lol), and Cam still had 2 chances that he blew to take that game in the last 3 minutes because Wentz gave him the ball back after Cams awful pick #3 (at least?). The only really tough defense they played that season was Seattle who kicked their a** as I anticipated before the game even started because they had such a soft schedule up to that point, naturally losing to KC too because they weren’t a push over like most on their schedule that season.

It’s also funny how u give Wentz full credit for beating STL when Foles had to come in and finish the game, but yet when RT got hurt u gotta bring up Matt Moore and his “GWD” which is exactly what Foles did vs STL. Just shows how biased u are with your hate against RT, not that is matters anymore but its just funny to me.

I’m not trying to argue RT is better than Wentz or RW, just pointing out how RT outplayed RW in both head to heads and Wentz got overhyped while playing a soft schedule, particularly defensively but no one ever brings that up, it’s only brought up with RT. RT wasn’t a great QB for Miami but he wasn’t as horrible as people like you believe either. He was simply decent with a terrible supporting cast, but just like with Daniel Jones people don’t care about things like the other 21 players on the field or even coaching for that matter, they just look at QB stats like u do and think that tells the whole story. If stats were all that mattered in football, Phillip would go into the hall instead of Eli because he has much better stats, but that ain’t happening...

Last edited:
"That's why Ryan Fitzpatrick is still in the league. He's not just going to stand there and be a tackling dummy for a piss poor offensive line".

No, he will just melt down, throw a few awful int's and miss the broad side of a barn completion like a big dummy. I wonder why he is still in the league.

You literally have to take pity on Rosen with that BS in front of him. The dam broke damn near every play.

Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie haven’t been here long but the team’s drafting has been disheartening. Allen has a good reputation so maybe he will turn it around going forward. But, the years keep changing and the results are the same. Even if you set aside Day 1, it’s damn near a miracle how poor the Dolphins are at drafting especially on Day 2, where you’re supposed to get your fair share of starters and nucleus of the roster. They do ok on day 3 as they can identify some reasonable contributors from the back end.

McMillan can’t play the pass. Ok. Guess what, he has no idea how to read the run either. He hits the wrong gap routinely like he’s done no preparation and has no instincts. Gesicki? He’s a one trick pony who can jump and might be able to make a play that way. He should contribute at least as a role player so shouldn’t be another Egnew. But can we really rule that out either? You could make an argument that the best move with him would be to try to get a fifth or sixth back for him. If both of these guys were cut tomorrow the franchise’s prospects would not change one bit. They’re irrelevant either way.

If you took the 20 posters here with the most interest in the draft and polled them, you’d have better results. You keep hearing how “well respected” guys like Adam Engroff, Ron Brockington et al. are, yet they were here when we drafted Egnew, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, McMillan, Gesicki... you could go on and on. It’s not a theoretical job. It’s results-based.

It’d be nice if we had an owner even marginally involved. I’d do a full on audit of how they literally miss on all offensive line picks outside of the top 20. In other words, if the guy isn’t an obvious starter coming out of college, they whiff. Every #$&@ time. How is this allowed to continue in perpetuity? Hire outside consultants and investigate it like a normal business would address a weak spot. Yet we continue to act like it’s rocket science.

My best hope from Ross is he’s ordering a code Aqua where he is demanding they get Tua. It’s been speculated that Ross covets him.

Didn't Ross insist that Tannehill was our QB of the future when he hired Gase?

Why are you being so absolute? We haven't even gotten into the second preseason game and you're already saying it was a bad trade. Ever hear a Terry Bradshaw? Three years into his career he was benched for over half the season. Sometimes players need reasoning before they reach their full potential
Waiting for a guy to reach his real potential when he hasn't really flashed to begin with is what got us 7 years of Tannehill instead of 3. Four years wasted because of this dangerous line of logic.

I'm not saying dump the guy based on what he's done in the offseason and just a single preseason game, but let's at least acknowledge that he hasn't been good thus far and leave it at that. There's no need to start compiling a laundry list of excuses for him.

Dude football isn’t a game where stats matter, if they did Marino would have a SB ring. RT beat Seattle the first time when they had a much better team, I don’t even need to watch the replay to know who played better because it had to be RT just logically. The second time was in Seattle, where again the Seahawks had a better team and not only did Stills drop that critical pass, but RW threw a bad pick in that game and RT played clean. Seattle still barely won at home where they are much tougher, thanks Kenny (stats lol).

I’m regards to Wentz the reality is they piled on the points and stats against some horrible teams that year (with a loaded offense), and the defenses they played were extremely weak. Against Carolina Wentz was gifted 2 picks inside the CAR 20 (stats lol), and Cam still had 2 chances that he blew to take that game in the last 3 minutes because Wentz gave him the ball back after Cams awful pick #3 (at least?). The only really tough defense they played that season was Seattle who kicked their a** as I anticipated before the game even started because they had such a soft schedule up to that point, naturally losing to KC too because they weren’t a push over like most on their schedule that season.

It’s also funny how u give Wentz full credit for beating STL when Foles had to come in and finish the game, but yet when RT got hurt u gotta bring up Matt Moore and his “GWD” which is exactly what Foles did vs STL. Just shows how biased u are with your hate against RT, not that is matters anymore but its just funny to me.

I’m not trying to argue RT is better than Wentz or RW, just pointing out how RT outplayed RW in both head to heads and Wentz got overhyped while playing a soft schedule, particularly defensively but no one ever brings that up, it’s only brought up with RT. RT wasn’t a great QB for Miami but he wasn’t as horrible as people like you believe either. He was simply decent with a terrible supporting cast, but just like with Daniel Jones people don’t care about things like the other 21 players on the field or even coaching for that matter, they just look at QB stats like u do and think that tells the whole story. If stats were all that mattered in football, Phillip would go into the hall instead of Eli because he has much better stats, but that ain’t happening...
Wait, you think Eli Manning is good at football?

Saw someplace they would play him at RT... doesn't seem to make sense to me idk..

Supposedly Pats and Texans have interest also
I feel like this is the only thing that makes sense. It would be some real douchery to mess with Tunsil's position now. Asking the new guy, Williams, to try a new position is kind of a dick move too... but it would be best for us. and what hoops said makes sense too, maybe if we pay him through the roof.... as a RT. But then we have LT to worry about it resigning

Back
Top Bottom