Bucs-Rams talking trade... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs-Rams talking trade...

rayfinkle1334

Active Roster
Reaction score
just saw on NFL Network, Bucs would send 3rd overall, 3rd rounder and Josh Johnson to Rams for 1st overall so Bucs could draft Suh. Not sure if this affects our plans for the 12th pick, but it could cause someone to fall or what other teams do ahead of us

If the Rams are thinking of drafting Clausen, then they should take that trade straight off, but maybe ask for someone else instead Johnson.

I mentioned this in another thread. Josh Johnson is going to be great. I know he didn't do much in Tampa, but he's really got a lot of solid skills that give him the potential to be a franchise quarterback in the NFL.

I mentioned this in another thread. Josh Johnson is going to be great. I know he didn't do much in Tampa, but he's really got a lot of solid skills that give him the potential to be a franchise quarterback in the NFL.
he looked pretty good at times against the Pats....

So TB gets rid of their potential franchise QB to draft a DT? Last time I checked franchise QB's >DT's.

I dont know, seems like a bad trade for Tampa Bay considering the 3rd overall 3rd round pick.

So TB gets rid of their potential franchise QB to draft a DT? Last time I checked franchise QB's >DT's.

I dont know, seems like a bad trade for Tampa Bay considering the 3rd overall 3rd round pick.

Josh Johnson is not a franchise quarterback... you're thinking of the wrong Josh in TB.

I'll agree that Johnson could be good down the line, but he was a poor fit in Tampa once Gruden left. He's a great West Coast Offense QB, but for what the Bucs were trying to run now? not so much.

Bucs really need DL help, so I understand what they're trying to do. Rams need help all over so getting more picks won't hurt, but the one area Tampa's D isn't hurting is their back 7. They just can't get pressure (when Jimmy Wilkerson is your best pass rusher there is a problem)

John Johnson != Josh Freeman. They have Freeman, so they don't need Johnson anymore.

This might be a good deal for St. Louis, but I'm not sure they'd go for it since the Lions will be picking up McCoy.

Now if Tampa was offering their 1st and 2nd, that would be a mighty interesting proposal.

Now if Tampa was offering their 1st and 2nd, that would be a mighty interesting proposal.

They could still get a 2nd rounder out of them if they sell the idea that they hope to draft Suh. With the Lions definetly taking McCoy or Suh, it means Tampa will then not get to draft one of the two guys they badly want, if the Rams are going with either one.

It all depends though if the Rams are siding towards Clausen or Bradford. If they are, then smokescreen that you will be taking Suh, which will make Tampa nervous and they could then up their bid to swapping 1st and giving up a 2nd rounder.

I would make the trade, b/c they can always trade down a pick, especially for someone who wants Berry or the top OL. They have so many needs, so their is going to be multiple scenarios for them when deciding their first pick.

they should do it... save some cash, pick their QB (Clausen or Bradford) without feeling that pressure of passing up on Suh and get an extra 3rd and another young QB prospect... why not...

Back
Top Bottom