Buddwalks December Mock Draft 2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buddwalks December Mock Draft 2

Philter25 said:
Phew. Im glad you recognized that. I was hoping you wouldnt try to defend or argue that one with me because I had an avalanche of reasons on why that was a horrible trade and would never ever ever happen. :lol:

actually man only reason im saying no on that one is cause trades in december are foolish...The jets have also come out and said there not interesting in usc players and would rather trade down in the draft...they dont believe in investing lots of money in just one player

If the texans come out and say were taking leinart #1 overall then people are gonna freak and make offers to them including the titans who desperately need a qb

Buddwalk said:
actually man only reason im saying no on that one is cause trades in december are foolish...The jets have also come out and said there not interesting in usc players and would rather trade down in the draft...they dont believe in investing lots of money in just one player

If the texans come out and say were taking leinart #1 overall then people are gonna freak and make offers to them including the titans who desperately need a qb

The Jets are full of BS if they say that. Dont believe ANYTHING you hear about the draft in the media before the draft. Its all smokescreens. Teams try to get the best deals and the best players and the best moves for their franchise. Anything you hear is complete BS.

They dont believe investing money in just one player? LMAO! What about Pennington? :lol:

Arrgh.

Look at previous years when people traded up to the #1 spot what they gave up. Look at draft charts and see what the top pick is worth.

Look at what you have Tennessee giving up to trade up to the top spot. Now seriously tell me that exact trade will happen. :lol: If it does, Houston's GM would be fired before he can even pick someone in the draft.

for future reference here is a draft value chart

clear.gif

Thanks for the chart.

Budd, as you can see, the first pick is worth 3000 points and you wanted to trade the Titans #5 overall and their 2nd rounder for the top overall pick.

As you can see from the chart, thats a horrible value for the Texans and thats why I said in my last post the Texans GM would prolly get fired before the 2nd round after making that trade.

LIQUID24 said:
No, they gave their other corner (McGee?) an extension. I'm guessing Clements will be franchised though.
not sure how i could confuse the two

LostInPatsLand said:
I much rather have LaRon Landry than Huff. Landry was taught how to play ball by Saban and already knows the system and is at least the playmaker Huff is.

It's good that you didn't put Jay Cutler in the first. He's not worthy of a 1st rounder at this time.
cutler will be in the top 15 on draft day if quinn and young don't declare

kastofsna120 said:
cutler will be in the top 15 on draft day if quinn and young don't declare

not unless he has a huge combine...but despite not having one if quinn and young both dont declare hes proboboly a first round lock still or early early 2nd ;)

Huff would be nice. I have a feeling Miami will beat New York and Tennessee so at 7-9 Huff might be there. Jonathan Scott is another player I like and maybe even Jay Cutler.

Buddwalk said:
not unless he has a huge combine...but despite not having one if quinn and young both dont declare hes proboboly a first round lock still or early early 2nd ;)
that's the point. they won't declare, he'll have a great combine and senior bowl, and he'll get drafted high

kastofsna120 said:
that's the point. they won't declare, he'll have a great combine and senior bowl, and he'll get drafted high

I think the same my friend...probobly still with all that though it'll only make him a 1st round lock.

I have feeling if Quinn and Young do NOT declare, you may see Cutler rise up draft boards just like Rivers did a couple of years ago. Remember at this point before that draft a LOT of us thought Rivers would be there at 19-20 when we were going to pick. Where did he end up?

You get my point. It is a bit early to be projecting draft status. Especially at a volatile position like QB.

If I have the number one pick I stay there and take Bush. Houston can get oline help in the rest of the draft and through FA. Bush is the best player in the draft, he would immediately improve the offense and take pressure off of Carr. A rookie OT is just going to get knocked around and be making close to what Bush is going to make. Davis is alright at Rb but hes nowhere near what Bush is.
I think the Jest will have the number one pick and take Bush anyways though.

Back
Top Bottom