Buddwalks December Mock Draft 3 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buddwalks December Mock Draft 3

FinFan90 said:
oh yea, I think he will have a good combine, he is a hard worker, and if he is available i would want him :)

Of course you would :tongue:

FinFan90 said:
oh yea, I think he will have a good combine, he is a hard worker, and if he is available i would want him :)

IMO I think hes freak on the field hes what chris hovan could of been...i'd love to nab him in the 3rd ;)

Speedrush man not gonna bash ya at all but heres the facts on jay cutler bro

Jays got good size at 6''4 and 225 lbs
Nice strong arm [not sure if its stronger then jacobs though man]
Very nice release but needs to work on his accuracy
Not a scrambler but can avoid taking a big hit...hes not bledsoe slow
Should have an impressive combine and senior bowl but your hyping the kid up way more then he should be man...dont get me wrong i'd love to get the kid but hes not gonna be a top 10 pick...you can quote that if you must I'd say top 20 with an impressive combine and senior bowl...but right now hes a 2nd round pick.

Also pointing something out i think Darrel Hackney is a better qb then both jay and omar ;)

Just my opinion though

Buddwalk said:
IMO I think hes freak on the field hes what chris hovan could of been...i'd love to nab him in the 3rd ;)

Speedrush man not gonna bash ya at all but heres the facts on jay cutler bro

Jays got good size at 6''4 and 225 lbs
Nice strong arm [not sure if its stronger then jacobs though man]
Very nice release but needs to work on his accuracy
Not a scrambler but can avoid taking a big hit...hes not bledsoe slow
Should have an impressive combine and senior bowl but your hyping the kid up way more then he should be man...dont get me wrong i'd love to get the kid but hes not gonna be a top 10 pick...you can quote that if you must I'd say top 20 with an impressive combine and senior bowl...but right now hes a 2nd round pick.

Also pointing something out i think Darrel Hackney is a better qb then both jay and omar ;)

Just my opinion though

I see one "fact" in there, the rest is your opinion, which your entitled too, as is everyone. We'll find out come April.

lol, cutler isn't "bledsoe slow." neither is reggie bush. or deion sanders

cutler was recruited by everyone to play SAFETY and was an option QB his first 2 years at vanderbilt. he's not slow at ALL

kastofsna120 said:
lol, cutler isn't "bledsoe slow." neither is reggie bush. or deion sanders

cutler was recruited by everyone to play SAFETY and was an option QB his first 2 years at vanderbilt. he's not slow at ALL

funny from what i've heard he runs around a 4.8 40 thats a pretty slow safety to me...not sure though :lol:

Buddwalk said:
funny from what i've heard he runs around a 4.8 40 thats a pretty slow safety to me...not sure though :lol:

Again no facts. What have you "heard" Jacobs runs the 40 in?

Anyone see the Kiper inside article?

Cutler might be a top 12 pick. ;)

Ive been with Speedrush99 on this one.........

Philter25 said:
Anyone see the Kiper inside article?

Cutler might be a top 12 pick. ;)

Ive been with Speedrush99 on this one.........

Yeah, feels good to be possibly right, especially when so many people told me I was crazy to think he would go first round at all let alone top 15, but sucks that we may not have a shot at him. :mad:

just a lil bit of insight Aaron Rodgers was like #3 on kipers board last year but fell to the mid 20's...kiper can be wrong ok ;)

Yeah Cutler is deffintly a 1st rounder and hes nothing like Philip Rivers, Cutler actually has mobility and a strong arm. Cutler......a good pick for Miami

fins5423 said:
Yeah Cutler is deffintly a 1st rounder and hes nothing like Philip Rivers, Cutler actually has mobility and a strong arm. Cutler......a good pick for Miami

actually your wrong rivers is actually pretty mobile and actually does have a strong arm comparing cutler to rivers isnt adequate...compare cutler to losman ;)

Buddwalk said:
actually your wrong rivers is actually pretty mobile and actually does have a strong arm comparing cutler to rivers isnt adequate...compare cutler to losman ;)

Thats a first. How many times have you seen Cutler play?

kastofsna120 said:
rivers is mobile? that'll be the only time you'll hear someone say that

Not really mobile but he can escape a hit ;)

heres boomers right up on him from a couple years ago

3. Philip Rivers –North Carolina State
6-5 | 224 | 12.5% | 4.95

rivers02.jpg
Let the debate begin. One of the most productive and exciting passers over the past four years in college football gets his chance to prove whether greatness at the college level equates similarly in the pros. Dominant in the Atlantic Coast Conference since he stepped in as a true freshman, Rivers has made a dramatic rise up many draft boards with a stunning senior season in Raleigh. He proved at the Senior Bowl practices that he could live with the upper echelon, although a number of teams have him rated as a 2nd round pick because of his lack of fundamentals. A very unorthodox shoulder style delivery means that the ball often comes out from different angles, but it comes out in a hurry. A real snap off release. His footwork at times is horrible, as he throws off balance, or off the back foot, or even at times with a sort of jump shot motion. The inconsistency with the footwork, in NFL pockets, surrounded by complex blitz packages would worry me. Especially when today’s corners are so adept at jumping routes. Also, some of his passes tend to come out very flat. And you have to have a worry about whether he gets balls tipped or knocked away. Rivers also has some ball management concerns when he tries to move the pocket. More savvy DE’s might force more than your average number of fumbles.

But he’s accurate. Especially underneath, as he possesses excellent field vision. And his release allows him to make throws that other’s couldn’t or wouldn’t make. He also makes his mind up in a hurry. You can’t out-think him. Rivers doesn’t have the great deep arm – a number of scouts who evaluated him in Mobile for the Senior Bowl described his downfield accuracy as ‘somewhat of an adventure’. He’s mobile enough, but will never beat you with speed, although he can slide well in the pocket to buy time. Philip is supremely battle tested, has top instincts, an outstanding football brain and leadership abilities, a calm nature in the huddle and above all, he’s a winner. Personally, I STILL don’t know whether he’s a first round star or a 3rd round gamble. But it seems that it won’t be long till he’s a Pittsburgh Steeler. Apparently there have been a number of discussions between Coach Cowher and Rivers. And I would be shocked if he does not come off the board at 11.

Back
Top Bottom