Buddwalks December Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buddwalks December Mock Draft

Buddwalk said:
You guys are crazy if you think the texans will draft anyone else other then dbrick...they could possibly trade down but if they stay dbrick is the pick

We will see. Houston still has Tennessee Arizona and SF on the schedule so they might actually win another game and the top 4 teams might shuffle.

If they are in the top spot, I think they try their hardest to trade down.

You can call me 50% crazy because Im not 100% sure on them drafting Ferguson. Last year, didnt everyone have Aaron Rodgers as their consensus #1 pick in the draft? How many people here last year were hardcore on the Alex Smith bandwagon?

Very true...but im talking right now this point in the season the texans clear cut need is definitely LT not rb. [Domanick Davis had like 13 tds last year and like 60 catches and over 1000 yards]

Another nitpicky one is Chicago. I think they might take Davis if he is still there when he is drafting. Im not knocking a WR, that they definately will need. Moosh is getting up there in age, isnt he like 34ish now? I could see them going either way, TE or WR.

The only thing I am not sure of is why we would trade with the colts to get Cutler, they won't be drafting him. Otherwise it is pretty good.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
The only thing I am not sure of is why we would trade with the colts to get Cutler, they won't be drafting him. Otherwise it is pretty good.

If the Colts were planning on drafting him, they wouldnt trade with us.

You dont necessarily trade with teams you THINK are going to be drafting someone you want. You trade AHEAD of those teams to block them from drafting that guy.

Example: Say we thought a team who had a higher draft pick than we did in the 2nd round was going to draft him, we would get a better deal trading up with a team higher than they are that might be looking to trade down.

If Indy was planning on drafting Cutler and they knew we wanted Cutler, they wouldnt trade the pick to us unless we overpaid for the pick. Kinda like what Mike Tice did to Spielman with Vernon Carey. :lol:

The Texans don't need a RB. The have Dominick Davis who they gave a contract extension not too long ago.

Davis is their best offensive weapon.

If you want a bunch of money tied up into one position and have them split playing time, then sure take Bush.

Ferguson is the right pick there.

Even Reggie Bush would struggle behind the Texans current OL.

The Texans would take Reggie Bush because with the 1st overall pick you take the BEST overall player, not the 3-10th best. Domanick Davis is just a decent NFL back, nothing great, just decent with a pedestrian ypc. The Texans only playmaker on offense is Andre Johnson, Bush would give them their much needed 2nd playmaker. If you look at Davis' contract carefully you'll see that it is set up so they can dump him after the 07 season saving $.75M. Two year's together wouldn't be a bad thing since Reggie is a return man & receiver also. Bush would be the pick & if the Texans don't think they need him, which they do, they should trade down.

you must know something 3/4th the country doesnt know then man. D'brick is guarenteed #1 overall if the texans are picking...which they are.

He's been hurt most of the year. He isn't garuanteed anything. He has some ground to make up. You don't take the 3-10th best player with the 1st pick.

Eagles won't draft RB. They signed Westbrook to an extension and have other needs. A WR, OT, or DE would make more sense.

They do need a RB regardless of the extension Westbrook signed they need a RB like LenDale White bad. They need that power back that can run the ball in big games that Westbrook is incapable of. Maroney isn't that type of back though.

Trueblood is too high. Whitworth or even Daryn Colledge will go before him.

Not according to Kiper. Trueblood is the #3 OT. Colledge is overrated.

Jaguars' DEs are fine. Spicer and Hayward are playing very well. Jaguars would take a CB like Hill or a S.

Their LDE leaves something to be desired. Spicer is okay but having a career year at age 30. If Tamba Hali, a top 12 player, falls way down there they better take him.

I'm surprised more people dont disagree with the idea of the Dolphins taking an OT with their first pick. We really dont need one.

Basically, our O-line is where it needs to be right now. As of right now, we're #5 in YPC and #5 in sacks allowed per pass attempt. While I'm not advocating we neglect our O-line completely, but we've got a young O-line that is performing well.

Let Hudson Houck scout out projects in FA and the draft. We're good for now.

Hey Budd, you may want to include your projected trade of between the Cardinals, Vikings, & Chargers.

I'm surprised more people dont disagree with the idea of the Dolphins taking an OT with their first pick. We really dont need one.

Basically, our O-line is where it needs to be right now. As of right now, we're #5 in YPC and #5 in sacks allowed per pass attempt. While I'm not advocating we neglect our O-line completely, but we've got a young O-line that is performing well.

Let Hudson Houck scout out projects in FA and the draft. We're good for now.

I didn't even pay attention to that. I think we're fine at LT & with that recent article about Alabi I'm even more sure that we're fine at LT. We need to grab a center (if McKinney isn't retained) & a RG.

It's not about if the Colts would draft him, which they most likely wouldn't, it's about jumping teams like the Jets, Saints, Cardinals, & Ravens in the second round who would be eyeing Cutler.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ahmad Brooks LB Virginia

Word now is that he's staying in school. As is Ernie Sims, which will make you FSU fans happy.

SMadison29 said:
Word now is that he's staying in school. As is Ernie Sims, which will make you FSU fans happy.

:mdfin: :banana: :cpatch::banana::mdfin:

Buddwalk said:
you must know something 3/4th the country doesnt know then man. D'brick is guarenteed #1 overall if the texans are picking...which they are. They need to improve there oline and there isnt a tackle better then him in the draft...hes everybit as good as Robert Gallery coming out a couple years ago

It's not something 3/4 of the country doesn't know, it's simply what you and other people who don't know much about the draft don't know...

Brick isn't going #1 overall, period.

1. They'll trade out of the spot if possible. D'brick is a very good LT prospect, but Bush and Leinart are both ranked ahead of him. Some team will trade up, because if they don't (see #2)...

2. The Texans will draft Leinart or Bush. Leinart is the best QB prospect in the last 10 years, maybe best ever (or very close). Bush is just out of this world. Both prospects are ranked ahead of Brick (and by far I might add, those two are leagues above any other prospect this year), and when you draft #1 you want the (and say it outloud when you read it) BEST VALUE POSSIBLE.

D'brick is going #3 overall at best and worst (I really don't see him going anywhere else but #3).

SMadison29 said:
Not according to Kiper. Trueblood is the #3 OT. Colledge is overrated.
I'd have to disagree there. Trueblood looks a bit stiff to me, has slow feet and seems to have trouble with speed rushers. No better than a 3rd round prospect IMO.

He's a little undersized, but Colledge has some of the best footwork and balance I've seen from from an LT this year. Granted, he doesn't play against the best competition, but I'd take him over Trueblood and Whitworth any day.

Back
Top Bottom