*Buddwalks November Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Buddwalks November Mock Draft

Buddwalk said:
Also not to mention the leading candidate for new coach for the titans is Pete Carrol...Imagine having leinart with his old college coach and his old offensive coordinator...could be dangerous ;)

Do what? I'm a USC fan & Carroll is not leaving. He's found his nitch in college & built a dynasty. He's having way too much fun that he wouldn't have in the pros & doesn't have the desire to go to the next level.

Buddwalk said:
Good questions and thx for the good comments on an early and indecisive mock draft. Not a huge fan of Jon Scott really...actually Winston is the 2nd most athletic Tackle in the league next to D'Brick since he was a TE before [Not bad either] Actually if Vince Young declares I bet someone will be very interested in him in the top 10 and i doubt that team would be miami. Look for miami to pull a deal and trade away there pick to someone highly enamored with Vince Young. Also there is upside with this kid which many has quicky shut down...The kid is a very exciting player to watch every week and honestly I dont see how hes any less of a qb then michael vick is...hes doing every thing vick did in college. Its a huge risk taking any qb coming out not just this kid so dont disclude him just cause of that people. Haloti would be an awesome grab but with the ravens defense kinda struggling and ray lewis looking average this year...the main reason for all that starts up in the middle and there defense line isnt really amazing, mainly because of there tackles. Drafting a solid sure fire stud like Ngata would be a lock at #6 overall if they stay there. Say what ya want about Landry but hes not a better safety then Huff and hasnt proved he is this year. Huff has made plays all year and is clearly the best safety of this class...I really see landry actually staying his senior season to improve his stock. On the other hand one guy I didnt include in this mock whos been a stud is Darnell Bing [Safety of USC] Guy might be the best safety in all on College Football right now...Just i really dont see any signs of him declaring [Im pretty sure hes a really smart kid...wants to finish up college before leaving]

Agree that Baltimore might look at Haloti Nagoti, or maybe they would gamble on Vince Young. I've read a few articles on Young that are very positive. He sounds like a great competitor and a leader, but like all young qb's would have to be in the right system. That means so much. When all is said and done, Young will likely stay for his senior year but he's such an exciting prospect to talk about.

I think Huff will rise maybe to top 10 before the draft rolls around. The guy is an amazing playmaker at a position in high demand and would be a nice fit in Miami, enabling Saban to move Daniels to free safety.

I enjoyed your mock.

kastofsna120 said:
leading candidate for the titans' head coaching job? jeff fisher is going nowhere

Jeff Fisher has been on the hotseat the last two years...He'll be fired after the end of this season, along with Mike Tice and Herm Edwards

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Agree that Baltimore might look at Haloti Nagoti, or maybe they would gamble on Vince Young. I've read a few articles on Young that are very positive. He sounds like a great competitor and a leader, but like all young qb's would have to be in the right system. That means so much. When all is said and done, Young will likely stay for his senior year but he's such an exciting prospect to talk about.

I think Huff will rise maybe to top 10 before the draft rolls around. The guy is an amazing playmaker at a position in high demand and would be a nice fit in Miami, enabling Saban to move Daniels to free safety.

I enjoyed your mock.

The only problem i have with huff is yeah hes a great playmaker but he doesnt give 100% effort every down...the kid sometimes takes plays off and you can notice it on the field. Darnell Bing is the best safety in college football right now but like I said i doubt he declares for the draft

Buddwalk said:
The only problem i have with huff is yeah hes a great playmaker but he doesnt give 100% effort every down...the kid sometimes takes plays off and you can notice it on the field. Darnell Bing is the best safety in college football right now but like I said i doubt he declares for the draft

I haven't noticed that. Then again, I don't watch a lot of college football -- not nearly as much as I'd like to -- so I'll take your word for it. Do you think Miami would have a shot at Will Blackmon from Boston College in the 2nd round? I like the fact that he can play CB and WR, although that might slow his progess as a cb. The kid from Penn State (name?) could be another potential 2nd rounder. There's also a wr from Ohio State, Santana Holmes, who I like a lot but I think he will end up going in the 1st round.

santonio holmes gets a lot of pub, but i don't see how he's a first rounder. there are 3 or 4 guys i'd take before him

kastofsna120 said:
santonio holmes gets a lot of pub, but i don't see how he's a first rounder. there are 3 or 4 guys i'd take before him

Actually hes the most talented reciever in this draft dude especially since this is a really weak reciever draft. Can you name 3 or 4 guys that will leave this year better than him?

Lookout for Dwayne Jarrett next season kids already got like 65 catches 960 yards and 14 tds this season for USC and hes only a Sophmore

kastofsna120 said:
derek hagan, martin nance, mike hass

Im still waiting for you to name one

What you dont get is ohio state isnt a passing team...if they were holmes numbers would be very high right now man

Depends what you want. If you want speed, you get Holmes. He could use some polishing, but he has the best potential out of those guys. He's the guy that Miami needs the most because they lack a real deep threat.

Batman13 said:
Depends what you want. If you want speed, you get Holmes. He could use some polishing, but he has the best potential out of those guys. He's the guy that Miami needs the most because they lack a real deep threat.

I agree with that. I like some of the other guys, Hagan is a good player, Avant has great hands and could be a McDuffie type dependable third round guy. But Holmes would be the guy who could open up the offense and keep teams from keying on Chambers.

I have only two things I don't really agree with...

First haven't the Vikings repeatedly said they like to take RB's later in the draft and use the committee approach?

Second, I just don't see the Bucs giving up on Simms that quickly. I think if Cutler lasts that long he lasts until the second round.

Oboy said:
I have only two things I don't really agree with...

First haven't the Vikings repeatedly said they like to take RB's later in the draft and use the committee approach?

Second, I just don't see the Bucs giving up on Simms that quickly. I think if Cutler lasts that long he lasts until the second round.

you seem to forget this is Simms 3rd year and gruden hasnt seen the playoffs since 2002, so they need to find a way to win fast...that might be with drafting jay cutler. Its an early mock though dont get too excited

Back
Top Bottom