Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback?

With Marino, they could be down 2 TDs with 5 minutes to go and they had a good chance of winning. With Tannehill running Gase's offense, there's no way they could win in that situation.
Off the top of my head, they did it at least once vs. the Rams...

I’m not down on Tannehill but at this stage I really would like a young QB on the roster with franchise QB potential. I don’t think it will happen this year due to our draft position and needs. I think the second tier guys are going to be way overdrafted and the only way to get one will be to trade down in the first and get another second round pick. Even then I believe Lauletta and Rudolf are gone. So you’re looking at spending an early second on White. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that. Hope I’m wrong but that’s how I see it playing out.

The fact the test is called Wonderlic should tell you it isn't worth the paper it is written on. I mean Wonderlic sounds like something you would dare your friend to do.

Exactly....and as Oscar Madison (Jack Klugman) once said in a football related episode of "The Odd Couple" when explaining the game of football to Felix:

"Brains, without brute force, in football leaves a lot of cleat marks on the back of your neck." LOL!!

Tannehill_TD_9.0.gif

Tannehill_touchdown.0.gif

Tannehill_TD_8.0.gif

Three just ridiculous throws.

Conflicted. It would be exciting to see if we draft an elite qb. But if we move up and they end up being worse than Tannehill, then we're moving backwards.

That's why I put out this post. I'm not sure either. I do think the team can win with Ryan Tannehill, but you've got to have a good running game. Guess you could say that about a lot of quarterbacks.

Of course, being a Dolphins fan, we all remember a quarterback who could win without a running game or much of a defense. I know Dan Marino's don't grow on trees.

My thought process is simple, if there's an upgrade over Tannehill in the draft you go for it. Although, you've got to be darn sure if you're trading up.

Jeff George had a great arm, could make any throw.... terrible QB.

I don't think this "horse" is dead...I think all of us fans have an opinion and are hoping for the right answers and are entitled to their thoughts in this forum...and, of course, we all are entitled to respond or ignore the posts...with respect

I am still on the build the team and the QB will come theory...if we didn't have a capable starter then a QB at 11 or even a move up, if possible, would be the way we would have to go....as extremely important as the right signal caller is, we need to build our TEAM in order to be competitive and I want our team to be looking at potential game changing starters at 11 and 42...there isno sure thing but drafting a QB at 11 says to me our first round draft pick will not see the field (barring injury) for a couple of years (in theory)....

Our team is not in a place where they can afford to sit idle with a first round draft pick and pass on a potential game changer (hopefully on defense) that should start day one and impact our team immediately...our team is also not ready to mortgage the future by trading away draft picks needed for talent and depth....

A QB in the 3rd-4th to groom should suffice while we build a stronger team

Why would a QB have to sit 2-3 years? If that QB comes in and is better than everything we have on our roster then he should play. No QB on our roster has earned to right not to have competition. The RIGHT QB would be a game changer...

There's no other position we can pick at 11 or 42 that would be "Game Changers" One LB or DB or OL or CB, or WR or any other position for that matter will not be a GAME CHANGER on a team with so many holes.

Not a very good comparison. Jeff couldn't throw on the run, couldn't read defenses very well, and couldn't sell the play action. All things Tanny excels at .

Last edited:
Why would a QB have to sit 2-3 years? If that QB comes in and is better than everything we have on our roster then he should play. No QB on our roster has earned to right not to have competition. The RIGHT QB would be a game changer...

There's no other position we can pick at 11 or 42 that would be "Game Changers" One LB or DB or OL or CB, or WR or any other position for that matter will not be a GAME CHANGER on a team with so many holes.

And the wrong QB would set this franchise back for years.

Like Lamar Jackson, he had a sub 15 Wonderlic. The Marinos, McNabbs and Kellys are far and away the anomalies when you look at all the QBs in that category.

Back
Top Bottom