Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback?

Sure hope you’re correct. That will make his trade value that much higher.[/QUOTE

Ha ha, Tannehill is going nowhere anytime soon. Tannehill will be comeback player of the year, And Will lead this team straight to the playoffs.

As 2nd string QB of what team??

So you call someone else a "Delusional Tannefanboy," and this gem is your next post?

Bravo; your stereotypical blind hatred has been noted.

giphy.gif

So you call someone else a "Delusional Tannefanboy," and this gem is your next post?

Bravo; your stereotypical blind hatred has been noted.

giphy.gif

It's called a joke....lighten up, Francis.

And where has my dislike (note: not hatred as you apparently only see when you betrothed is criticized) for him as our QB ever been "blind" about him....it's right out there and I make no attempts to hide it.

As a weekend warrior football fan that make my living doing other things, I have a lot of faith in those in the league, getting a paycheck from a real NFL team, whose job and reputation are on the line and who have everything in their lives at risk making the choice on our future franchise quarterback. Commenting is pure fun and a little obsessive and shows we love the game more than the ones who don’t seek out football talk like it’s a fix. In Gase I trust. My wish as a fan is that Tannehill is not the ceiling for my team. I want the guy that is going to light it up and make the Dolphins relevant again. To me Tannehill has always been just ok, and I have written many times that it is probably unfair to him to be in the shadow of Marino and how high the bar was set in many of the Miami fan minds. We want a Montana, Marino, Elway, HOF two time Super Bowl winner or else they suck. Buyer beware but I’m all in for drafting one of the guys high if there is some indication to the brain trust that this guy just might be the one. I need a good reason to devote my time to sitting for three hours, because I don’t do that for anything else, and the team owners know it. Tannehill plays a little boring way too often and that’s not good enough.

You touch on a number of solid points IMO -- including "expectations" and the savior syndrome (has to be a few thousand years old)!

Anyway -- I've always said Thill is "good enough" to win with in the N F L as long as he's SURROUNDED by a very solid/strong OL (hence -- consistent productive ground game and equally important) a HC and/or OC who know how to play into Ryan's strengths and minimize his weaknesses. Add to that base ingredient a high performance D -- and you got a potential SB team.

Of course I'm yappin' about a significant number of moving parts -- not just some "HERO" playin' QB.

It's called a joke....lighten up, Francis.

And where has my dislike (note: not hatred as you apparently only see when you betrothed is criticized) for him as our QB ever been "blind" about him....it's right out there and I make no attempts to hide it.

Apologies; next time I'll identify my sarcasm more clearly. Using an image of the most sarcastic TV character in the last 20 years didn't seem to get the job done.

Those are the counts for THOSE INDIVIDUALS? or should that read Seattle - 424, Miami - 366?

I understand that. I only stated it to show how many more extra set of downs/plays the Seattle offense got compared to the Dolphins. Those extra plays results in more rushing yards. A whopping 16 per game when you discount Wilson's runs.

If you convert more 3rd downs you give your team the chance to run the ball more.

I think the strategy should be to do both. Send Tannehill back out and hope he performs like he did right before he got injured. But we also need a backup plan. Someone who can win games for us if Ryan has issues. We don't have that person on the roster right now. So draft someone please. Doesn't have to be 11, but draft someone.

3rd down passer rating in 2016:

Wilson - 3rd 82 147 65 55.78 1083 6 56 3 84.4

Tannehill - 3rd 69 118 49 58.47 883 7 43 4 87.6

Russell Wilson 153 rushing first downs
Ryan Tannehill 64 rushing first downs.

It not just about the passer rating. Its about staying on the field so you can score.

In the year the Seahawks won the Super Bowl Wilson ran for 45 first downs. More than half the starting backs in the league. But you keep convincing yourself it was all Lynch.

You touch on a number of solid points IMO -- including "expectations" and the savior syndrome (has to be a few thousand years old)!

Anyway -- I've always said Thill is "good enough" to win with in the N F L as long as he's SURROUNDED by a very solid/strong OL (hence -- consistent productive ground game and equally important) a HC and/or OC who know how to play into Ryan's strengths and minimize his weaknesses. Add to that base ingredient a high performance D -- and you got a potential SB team.

Of course I'm yappin' about a significant number of moving parts -- not just some "HERO" playin' QB.
There's no question that's part of the problem. For most of his career, Miami has had a below average offensive line.

But, with player movement being what it is getting and keeping talent around the quarterback is difficult.

For that reason, I feel like the best approach to winning long-term is finding that above average quarterback, who can make the pieces around him better.

There's no question that's part of the problem. For most of his career, Miami has had a below average offensive line.

But, with player movement being what it is getting and keeping talent around the quarterback is difficult.

For that reason, I feel like the best approach to winning long-term is finding that above average quarterback, who can make the pieces around him better.

The Lady in NE has benefited greatly from "above average" OL play her entire career (of course, including the legalized holding extended to OLs protecting her)!

Apologies; next time I'll identify my sarcasm more clearly. Using an image of the most sarcastic TV character in the last 20 years didn't seem to get the job done.

Apology accepted.

Russell Wilson 153 rushing first downs
Ryan Tannehill 64 rushing first downs.

It not just about the passer rating. Its about staying on the field so you can score.

In the year the Seahawks won the Super Bowl Wilson ran for 45 31 first downs. More than half less than most the starting backs in the league. But you keep convincing yourself it was all Lynch.
The year Wilson won the SB, he did not run for 45 first downs, this is flat out false.... Marshall Lynch ran for 68 1st downs(4th in the NFL) and Russel Wilson ran for 31 1st downs...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingFirstDowns/year/2013

Last edited:
[QUOTE="dolphintodd, post: 7616478, member: 61945"]If its 3rd and 7 and Tannehill completes a pass behind the line of scrimmage and the WR gets 5 yards and fails to get the 1st down...[/QUOTE]

Besides having a poor o-line, this is why Tannehill has a losing record; this is the type of play that both Philbin and Gase seem to love. It's impossible to know exactly how good Tannehill can be without giving him a decent o-line, a strong running game, and effective playcalling by a Coach who knows what he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom