Build the trenches? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build the trenches?

Semantics. Frederick’s unfortunate health issues caused part their decline as well as Tyron Smith breaking down. Reinforces the notion that we should rebuild the OL with players in a close age range as quickly as possible.

If your not sure how far an OL can carry a team go rewatch the Eagles playoff run with Nick Foles 2 years ago.

It’s a moot point. It’s not like we only have 1 pick.

We are getting a QB and at least two OL with our first 5 picks. Could add 3 OL with our first 7 picks.

Gun to my head I’d bet our first 5 picks are QB, DE, OL, CB, OL, if I had to predict the positions.

Laughing at the mockers who have a WR or RB going to Miami with one of our firsts. It’s hilarious.

The OL played a part an important part but it did not carry the Eagles. In their 1st 2 playoff games the defense gave up 17 total points.

Also Smith is 29, Martin is 29, and Fredereick is 28 that's about as close in age as you can get.

Any Dolphins draft that includes Eason (or Herbert for that matter) is an auto fail. I don't care if you find a way to land all three of Chase Young, Jerry Jeudy, and Andrew Thomas.

Fix the QB position or don't care.
How u know it going fail.. none of these college player have player down on nfl field. Why does everybody feel if we dont get Tua it failure.. I dont trust Tua either..

The OL played a part an important part but it did not carry the Eagles. In their 1st 2 playoff games the defense gave up 17 total points.

Also Smith is 29, Martin is 29, and Fredereick is 28 that's about as close in age as you can get.

It’s a little different with Smith because he was so young when he got drafted. The dude is the oldest 28 year old on earth, physically. His body has already went through a decade of NFL trenches and doesn’t appear he’s going to be a cog moving forward.

Smith, drafted in 2010 at the age of 19 is 3 weeks younger than Zach Martin, drafted in 2014.
Regardless, none of those selections were a mistake by Dallas. I’d build my team the exact same way but with a better QB and OL drafted closer together.

The Eagles 2017 season and probably Wentzs MVP season revolves around that OL. Even after they lost Peters.

Skill position guys are interchangeable IMO.

The Dolphins’ best stretch of football this decade came in 2016 with a healthy/talented OL with same 5 guys not missing a game.

Back
Top Bottom