Buoniconte Ousted | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buoniconte Ousted

JimmyNock

Starter
Reaction score
Inside the NFL just had a major shakeup, this sucks those guys were good together. After this I wouldn't be surprised if Marino left after this season and just concentrated on CBS.

NFL | HBO Shakes It Up - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
20:53 PT: Rudy Martzke reports for the USA TODAY HBO's Inside the NFL has released Nick Buoniconti, Len Dawson and Jerry Glanville and added Bob Costas. Costas just signed a three-year deal through 2005 at about $2.5 million a year. He will become co-host of Inside the NFL with Cris Collinsworth and Dan Marino, according to HBO president Ross Greenburg. A fourth member might be added to Inside the NFL, possibly Cris Carter or Shannon Sharpe.

:monkey: HBO :mad: :yell:

who in the hell wants to listen to

shannon sharpe!? i couldn't stand him on the field!

btw, i can't do it and 39 is out of town, AJ, you want to move this to "general football"?

This really irrates me. Seeing how Len Dawson role was narrowed last year by Chris Collinsworth was shameful. Now, the axing of Nick. Nick is very well respected, knows football, and brings a nice banter to the show. Could this be age discrimination?

maybe now marino will jump ship!

Originally posted by Smacks
This really irrates me. Seeing how Len Dawson role was narrowed last year by Chris Collinsworth was shameful. Now, the axing of Nick. Nick is very well respected, knows football, and brings a nice banter to the show. Could this be age discrimination?
i think he would fit quite nicely in a role as QB coach. fiedler needs a teacher!:D

I agree....I've been watching that show for years....It just won't seem the same......One thing I won't miss is Len Dawson picking KC to win EVERY SINGLE WEEK.......Collinsworth and Buoniconti were at least objective in their selections.

those guys had chemistry...the show was different, and i'm sick of bob costas' grill everywhere i turn. he's a self-proclaimed baseball man for cryin out loud. even though i hated jerry, i loved the way cris shoved him asside 20 times an episode...can you imagine danny having to work with that loudmouth, sharpe? he'll kill him.
ps- hey billsfan, thats why len always came in last in the picks segment, lol

Bob Costas???? He TOTALLY sucks! :mad: I thought he said hated football when the NFL was on NBC and that football players were a bunch of cry babies running around in tight pants. :mad: So he left football to broadcast basketball. :nono: I know for a fact that I am sticking to my boys on FOX now! :D

Isn't Marino going to the CBS pregame show? Maybe Nick can follow him over there.

I wish Marino would go to the FOX pregame show, it is done better and has more to it than the CBS one along with some good commentators on FOX. That sucks that they got rid of Nick, but I wonder how many fights Shannon and Dan would get into if they do the show together. Bob Costas sucks by the way.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I wish Marino would go to the FOX pregame show, it is done better and has more to it than the CBS one along with some good commentators on FOX.

If Madden and Summerall are gone, who does the commentary on FOX?

Bob thinks he is a above everyone when it comes to sports. Summerall and Madden will be missed. I believe Pat is going to broadcast Cowboy games. And Madden, well you know where he is going! But who replaces those two on Fox?:confused:

Can't say I'm the biggest Madden fan, so I won't miss him at all on Fox, and will have to have the MUTE button ready for MNF this season.:(

Re: who in the hell wants to listen to

Originally posted by dolfan06
btw, i can't do it and 39 is out of town, AJ, you want to move this to "general football"?
After all this time you're STILL just a moderator???? lmao!! Dude, you should see what it's like to view the admin page! Talk about a feeling of pure power! :lol:

Collinsworth moved in the booth with Joe Buck. They took over for Madden/Summerall. FOX is still looking for a 4th in the pre-game show lineup. Right now it is JB, Terry, and Howie.

Back
Top Bottom