Burke Press Conference | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burke Press Conference

At the end of the day we need some changes to our defense next year. We need pass rushers plus a corner and unless RM gets it then we'll need a real MLB. It doesn't matter who the DC is, we need more good players.

Not as well as I had hoped we would do defensively, but we do have some bright spots. Our secondary looks legit, our LB's are forcing fumbles and DB's are intercepting passes, so we are generating takeaways.

We can't change our record, we're not 7-4, we're 5-6. There are 3 teams with better records in the wildcard hunt, two of which are only ahead by one game. There are another 3 teams with our exact record. Our odds are long, but we are still in the hunt and probably still control our own destiny. But, the time for moral victories is long gone, and losing to Buffalo probably eliminates us from a practical standpoint.

Colts have Texans, Cowboys and Titans. No Gimme's. I was hoping the Jags would play them tough but that seems like a long shot.

And if they don't get those turnovers, they get rolled over, like happened when we went through a TO drought.

On top of that the 2nd INT took points OFF the board for the Colts, so sort of the same thing as us converting to points offensively. Obv at the end of the half we didnt have time to drive 90 yards, so no one can criticize not turning that one into points.

The defense is creating a lot of turnovers. But, during the rest of the time they're on the field they're giving up multiple chunk yardage rushing and passing plays.

In Gases's presser yesterday he stated that the reason we have so many int's is due to the pressure of the D-line/ pass rush which one can assume he's content with Burke.

Start the video at 6:00

Last edited:
Terron Armstead is injured. He's been filling in for a few games.
Right, I had heard about Terron Armstead's injury. But with such a dynamite offense, it seems quite a shame to have Bushrod be Brees' blindside protector. Just so tough finding a LT, I get it … nobody has two, and none with talent are looking for a job.

Colts have Texans, Cowboys and Titans. No Gimme's. I was hoping the Jags would play them tough but that seems like a long shot.
Well it looks like the AFC West will have one wildcard spot, so we may need Houston to win the division because we have the head to head against Tennessee, and then hope for great luck that we qualify over everyone in the AFC North.

Back
Top Bottom