Burnett on Trading Block | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burnett on Trading Block

aren't the Marlins in the hunt this year? Why trade him?

I know he is a high risk with a questionable arm and he has a manager who will throw him 9 innings each game which isn't good.

This makes no friggin sense to trade him now. The Marlins better get a lot in return.

He is a free agent at the end of the year I believe so perhaps they dont think they can resign him.

I would love to have a Burnett in beantown... However, they're seeking a lot in return, and that's never a good thing.

I know Beane has Zito isn't going anywhere, but I would bet otherwise.

If they trade him while in the middle of a playoff race then the Marlins should just close shop! Im sorry people.

You wonder why people don't show up, you can't be a few games out of 1st place in your division and be "sellers" in July!

They won't get equal value for him anyway. He has a damaged arm that could go at any minute. No team will give up equal value for him. Might as well keep him and try and win now. Make the playoffs and go with Willis, Beckett, and Burnett and they will be a tough out.

MikeO said:
If they trade him while in the middle of a playoff race then the Marlins should just close shop! Im sorry people.

You wonder why people don't show up, you can't be a few games out of 1st place in your division and be "sellers" in July!

They won't get equal value for him anyway. He has a damaged arm that could go at any minute. No team will give up equal value for him. Might as well keep him and try and win now. Make the playoffs and go with Willis, Beckett, and Burnett and they will be a tough out.

True. If the asking price doesnt come down and I were a gm, Id go after Schmidt over Burnett I think any way.

CBS SPortsline is reporting the Yanks could have him if they give up Tom Gordon and Ching Meng Wang.

I wouldn't do it. Gordon I got no problem giving up. But Im keeping Wang

Florida is looking for a left-handed outfielder and a good relief pitcher (which they are in dire need of). A relief pitcher would really help the Marlins weak bullpen plus they won't be able to re-sign A.J. because he will want alot of money. I think the Marlins can afford to trade him because they just added Olsen to their starting rotation and Beckett looks to be coming back this week. I think the Yankees would be a suitable trade partner, they have the cash to pay A.J. plus they need a SP. I would want the Marlins to get Tom Gordon from the Yankees plus whatever OF they can get from them

The Fish aren't trading Burnett at this point. We are about to make our move and aren't going to get anything close to equal value at this point for him unless it is the Rangers and Teixeira learns how to play RF. The reason that he's in the news today is because he pitched so well yesterday.

nick1 said:
Florida is looking for a left-handed outfielder and a good relief pitcher (which they are in dire need of). A relief pitcher would really help the Marlins weak bullpen plus they won't be able to re-sign A.J. because he will want alot of money. I think the Marlins can afford to trade him because they just added Olsen to their starting rotation and Beckett looks to be coming back this week. I think the Yankees would be a suitable trade partner, they have the cash to pay A.J. plus they need a SP. I would want the Marlins to get Tom Gordon from the Yankees plus whatever OF they can get from them

If the Yanks had an outfielder Tony Womack wouldn't be playing either LF or CF everyday

right now they're just showing AJ off in case we can't resign him.

Baltimore supposedly offered us Bigbie,Penn,Rodriguez, and Julio for AJ.

MikeO said:
CBS SPortsline is reporting the Yanks could have him if they give up Tom Gordon and Ching Meng Wang.

I wouldn't do it. Gordon I got no problem giving up. But Im keeping Wang
I wouldnt like that...Wang has a lot of promise for the future, and the yankees need some young talent

Peter Gammons reported that the Marlins asked for Daniel Cabrera in the trade with baltimore and that the Orioles said hell no.

Hold on whats wrong with making him pitch 9 innings? In all of his complete games hi Pitch Counts have been pretty low for 9 innings. Just as low as some games when he pitches 7 innings.

Prime Time said:
Hold on whats wrong with making him pitch 9 innings? In all of his complete games hi Pitch Counts have been pretty low for 9 innings. Just as low as some games when he pitches 7 innings.

He threw 123 pitches this past Sunday. And in the 3 games before that 105, 105, and 111. He has thrown over 95 pitches in EVERY start this year and has only gone past the 7th inning ONCE (this past Sunday).

Back
Top Bottom