Burress interested in Miami. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burress interested in Miami.

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
That didn't take long. Word got out that he was hiring Drew yesterday, and low and behold, the guy is now interested in coming to Miami to play for his college coach.

Drew also said he is still trying to get Edgerrin James to Miami.

I think Edge has a better chance of landing in Miami than Burress does, though I think neither guy will.

No suprise here. He's a Drew client.

Is there any word that we are interested in Burress?

FiN.in.RI said:
Isn't he looking for top WR money? If he is, I hope we're not interested.

he really hasn't proved he is worth big money. he showed potential at mid season and on last year when ROTH took over, but is at most an under achiever.

GRT8 said:
Is there any word that we are interested in Burress?

I haven't read anything but I wouldn't be surprised. Saban is tight-lipped and Drew does a good job of representing his players.

GRT8 said:
he really hasn't proved he is worth big money. he showed potential at mid season and on last year when ROTH took over, but is at most an under achiever.

He was a big target for ROTH, I remember.

I think that Burress' price has come down. Too many teams have passed on him for him to get top dollar at this point. He could get one of those short-term, "make good" contracts, though. Would we cut Booker? That would be silly since Booker is an excellent complement for Burress' skills. Obviously Chambers is going nowhere.

The connection between Burress and Saban, from their days in East Lansing, is interesting, though.

phunwin said:
I think that Burress' price has come down. Too many teams have passed on him for him to get top dollar at this point. He could get one of those short-term, "make good" contracts, though. Would we cut Booker? That would be silly since Booker is an excellent complement for Burress' skills. Obviously Chambers is going nowhere.

The connection between Burress and Saban, from their days in East Lansing, is interesting, though.

I don't believe Booker would be cut if they signed Burress. Remember, Miami is going to be in a three wide set on a majority of their offensive plays. To be able to line up Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, and Plaxico Burress at wide receiver would be big time.

I don't believe Booker would be cut if they signed Burress. Remember, Miami is going to be in a three wide set on a majority of their offensive plays. To be able to line up Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, and Plaxico Burress at wide receiver would be big time.

I agree, and Saban likes playmakers at the WR position. So does Linehan. But, you want to talk about setting yourself up for the same offensive disaster that happened in 2004...I mean, we had playmakers at the WR position in 2004. Same QB, same OL, just a different set of coaches...maybe a RB at the #2 pick (still say maybe, because who knows what we'll end up doing).

If we line up the same talent and get results I guess it would be a serious case for owners paying for the best coaches in the league...maybe spark a serious bidding war in coach prices.

KB21 said:

Especially since the third WR canidates we have now are Gilmore, Newsom, and some other equally memorable folk.

If you're not the top receiver on your own team, how can you expect to be one of the higher paid receivers in the NFL? Teams may make mistakes in the draft and pay for potential, but after several years in the league, pay is based on results. And Burress' numbers don't add up as one of the better receivers in the league. Top it off with inconsistencies off the field, and you have a risky free agent.
-- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

good info that pretty much says what we have stated

But aren't Chambers, Booker and Burress all just a little too similar????????

Boomer said:
But aren't Chambers, Booker and Burress all just a little too similar????????

I don't think so. Others may disagree, but I think there are definite differences and a lot of potential for them to complement each other.

Booker is great at running the under-15 yard routes, particularly over the middle, a Burress weakness. Chambers brings the speed that forces the secondary to lay off a bit and respect the deep ball, which helps Booker's short routes and Burress' sideline routes. Burress' size has the potential to create a real mismatch with a smaller corner and gives AJ room for error if he underthrows the ball or throws a fade to the corner.

Back
Top Bottom