Bush most likely gone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush most likely gone

Hope we let him walk and use the $5 million per year on something else. Bush is great but Miller has proven himself. We can pick up a vet to back up Miller and in case Thomas goes down again. All of that we could get for $2-3 million total.

how many times did tv guys point out how he missed the hole? he keeps sidesteppin. miller hits the hole. be on the lookout for a bigger back. eddy lacy might get some looksie. gillisee looks good too. the miami kid wasnt bad either.

also think FB. not sure they are sold on the A & M kid.

Great... So, now he can go to New England and **** on us twice every year... Why would we let him go? Silly...

I'm just not seeing how Miller proved himself... He has had limited opportunities, but he proved himself??

i'm good with it...need more north and south and run where the play is designed...more consistency b/t the tackles imo...although he is looking like a fall guy for a lack of win options on the outside to help open some things up and some poor move play on the interior oline

Shame the guy finds a way to get into the endzone, that's what this team needs more of not less. I would have liked to have seen him lined up more at receiver with Miller in the backfield this season.

As much as I like Bush, I'm really excited to see Lamar Miller get 15+ touches a game. Bush was very inconsistant and though it can be argued that he wasn't used correctly, he's still going to demand a decent amount of money. I'd rather use that money somewhere else and give Lamar Miller a shake at it.

I think Miller will be more effective as a runner but even though we didn't use Bush as a receiver as often as we should have just having him as a threat made things a little easier for Hartline and Bess. Without Bush attracting attention from slot CB, safeties and linebackers defenses will be able to make things more difficult on our offense. If we don't get more weapons, namely a seam threat TE and an outside WR to upgrade from Hartline, things will be more difficult for Tannehill next year.

We're getting rid of our most dynamic offensive player.

Damn, that article lists the Lions and Bengals as contenders, but not the Dolphins, lol

I am ok with the team letting Bush walk if his demands are outrageous but if Bush leaves, I don't feel comfortable with DT and Miller at RB. Neither guy has proven he can be the man for 20+ touches/game. I'm going to see more than 51 rushing attempts to make me feel he's proven himself.

I think he's worth $5mil per year. The offense is so much better when he's out there. I just don't want us to be like the Jets where we jettison our playmakers hoping that someone else will fill the void. It rarely works. It's not like Reggie is a $10+ million per year guy. We have $46M free. I think we can afford to offer our best playmaker something like 3 years $15M. Even if he misses a couple of games per year and takes some tackles for loss... He's our most explosive offensive guy.... Gotta keep him if the price is semi reasonable. Unless you are good with our Bushless 11 points per game offense.

I am ok with the team letting Bush walk if his demands are outrageous but if Bush leaves, I don't feel comfortable with DT and Miller at RB. Neither guy has proven he can be the man for 20+ touches/game. I'm going to see more than 51 rushing attempts to make me feel he's proven himself.

i agree. Miller hasn't proven that he can be the main guy that can carry the load but neither had Reggie until he came to Miami. Opportunity is the only thing that'll determine Millers worth.

Back
Top Bottom