Bush most likely gone | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush most likely gone

He has been very productive for us the past few seasons, however he is a RB, and he will be 28 this year. RBs have a tendency to drastically drop off once they reach 30. So this is where it becomes dangerous, he might only have 1 good year left. Do we gamble on a 3 yr deal with him, or do we cut ties and go with a youth movement at the position. Honestly, I think Lamar Miller is going to be ready to be a starter next year, so I say let Bush go and start Miller.

MILLER was mediocre at best last season. Deal w/it! He's no R BUSH.

I like Bush and would like to see him resigned but not for more the 3 million a year. I dont know if he would sign for that. I think he good be a good weapon in a Philbin offense.

$3 Million???? Why not make it $0.39?

Some posters on this site are really as likey as not in Lalaland.

In the the new CBA there's little reason to pay an 'above-average' FA RB. A drafted rookie comes much cheaper for (probably) similar production because the rookie contracts are smaller with less guaranteed $. And should the rookie really light it up, he can't negotiate a new deal until his rookie contract expires. The labor is just so cheap and the rookies can't do anything about it (see: Russell Wilson. Seattle is getting their franchise QB for $600,000 a year for 4 years...that's madness)

Bottom Line: The Dolphins want Reggie back but only at the right price considering they have options there if he leaves so production-wise they may not have much of a drop-off. It will come down to what he is offered from other teams in Free Agency versus how much if any hometown discount Reggie is willing to take. Unfortunately I think he will get some decent offers from other teams. What would mostly be missed with Reggie is the leadership he brings to the table. He is unquestionably one of the hardest working players on this team. Not to mention as a fan I would miss the video-game runs he makes, like the TD in the Colts game.

I think he will get 8-9 million a year by some team that is ready to contend and wants to add a luxury piece.

MILLER was mediocre at best last season. Deal w/it! He's no R BUSH.

Miller was only "mediocre" because he wasn't really used a lot last season. 250 yards rushing and one touchdown I guess is mediocre if you were expecting him to put up big numbers as a rookie. As a pro we really don't have a big sample size to really say if he is going to be as good or even better than Reggie Bush. He only had 51 carries while Reggie had 227 so of course he was "mediocre" in comparison.

The encouraging aspect of Miller from last year is that he mostly shined when his number was called. Bush is a dancer who can break off a 60 yard run or will get stuffed for negative yards. Miller seems to get the ball and just hits the opening without much hesitation. He also averaged just about 5 yards per carry so the signs are there that he has good potential. If Bush leaves via free agency there is no doubt in my mind that Miller, not Thomas, will be the #1 back in 2013. He is also only 21 years old.

Regardless if Bush stays or goes, Miller will light-it-up in 2013.

Back
Top Bottom