Bush most likely gone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush most likely gone

They're checking heavily into some high profile tailbacks...so this is not that surprising, though a shame, in a way.

That's a shame, he was under-utilized if anything this year. I would have found a way to sign him.

Maybe he should have just stayed out of it when Ocho was busy ruining his career. :d-day:

I want bush back hard to let him go. But i can not argue with the brass not breaking the bank for him. I feel like if reggie wants to be here he will stay and take a good fare deal. I fear he may want a pay day so it is very much 50/50 on weather reggie will be in a fin jersey ever again. Stay tuned!

He has been very productive for us the past few seasons, however he is a RB, and he will be 28 this year. RBs have a tendency to drastically drop off once they reach 30. So this is where it becomes dangerous, he might only have 1 good year left. Do we gamble on a 3 yr deal with him, or do we cut ties and go with a youth movement at the position. Honestly, I think Lamar Miller is going to be ready to be a starter next year, so I say let Bush go and start Miller.

I bet one of our second round picks gets used on a RB now. All we have now is Miller and an approximation of a RB in Thomas. Thomas is the Spam of running backs. He kind looks like a running back and tastes like a running back, but in the end he's not really a running back.

Reggie Bush was not utilized to the full extent with the Dolphins (e.g. Jet Sweeps, Read Options, Slot Receiver vs LB, etc.) I believe he could have been MUCH more productive than trying to prove he can "Run between the tackles".

I'm down with this. Roll with Miller and get a guy like Mike Gillislee in the mid rounds.

Another draft pick on a runningback after giving up picks for Bush, drafting Miller, and trading up for Thomas. SIGH. I really don't want to use a draft pick on a runningback. I hope Jonas shows something in the offseason.

Would sure be a shame.. but he shouldn't signed to anyone but a team friendly deal.

Sucks if they let him go. I would like to keep our running back trio the same and focus on other team needs.

Its for the best of our team. Bush was a leader here and a professional, but He is on the decline and will want more money then the Dolphins should offer. He wasn't in Our plans
and quite frankly is the easiest call of the off-season to let him walk. Would LOVE to nab Ray Graham in the 4th. Pair him with Lamar and you got yourself an explosive multi dimensional backfield.

also don't be suprised if the Phins bring in a vet to pair with Lamar and DT. a guy who can get 3 or 4 yrds every play. Mille rhas homerun type of ability, but think thing that drove me crazy about reggie is his inability to put us in 2nd and 6 or 7 and instead set us up for 2nd 12's and 13'2 by trying for the home run every play.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

also don't be suprised if the Phins bring in a vet to pair with Lamar and DT. A guy who gets us 3 yards every play, but may not break a big one (Shonne Greene?). Miller has homerun type of ability, but think thing that drove me crazy about reggie is his inability to put us in 2nd and 6 or 7 and instead set us up for 2nd 12's and 13'2 by trying for the home run every play.

Unbelievable. Does anybody on this board really think Jeff Ireland will put together a roster capable of a winning record?

Bush is our ONLY playmaker. You keep him over any of the other scrubs that want above market value, Long, Smith, and Hartline.

This wouldn't be an issue of Thomas was worth anything.

Back
Top Bottom