But Mom, everyone was doing it...(Mock Draft, kinda long...) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

But Mom, everyone was doing it...(Mock Draft, kinda long...)

AggieFin21

The 12th Man
Reaction score
I've always been a sucker for peer-pressure and since it's getting about that time, I figured I'd take my shot at a mock draft since there seem to be a limited number of them on the board. Take it for what it's worth, it's probably not much different than yours. Well here goes nothin'...

* I very much think that a trade is going to get done between Miami and Minn. so it will be show in the mock.

My 2005 NFL Draft (1st round)

1. San Franciso: Aaron Rodgers QB
- With Alex Smith reportedly wanting more money than the 49ers are willing to pay, they go with the cheaper option in Rodgers and more than likely get a better QB for their system, not to mention the hometown hero.

2. Minnesota: Braylon Edwards WR
- The Vikes have made it quite obvious that they are going after Edwards and going hard. With the departure of Randy Moss, Edwards is the perfect fit for a system that needs a new #1 WR.

3. Cleveland Browns: Alex Smith QB
- The Browns have a bunch of holes to fill but even defensive minded Coach Romeo Crennel knows that if you've got a potential franchise QB avaliable and you don't already have one, then you take him. The Browns go with Smith and he becomes the perfect cornerstone for Crennel to build around.

4. Chicago Bears: Ronnie Brown RB
- If Edwards had fallen to here the Bears would be all over him and though it's been reported that Chicago is currently favoring Cedric Benson, Brown's combine workout make him too hard to pass up.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Carnell Williams RB
- The Bucs would love to trade up and pick up signal caller Alex Smith, but with the Dolphins already making a deal with the Vikes and Cleveland eventually staying put, the Bucs take Williams. Coach Gruden was reportedly very interested with Williams at the combine and should have no problem picking the Cadillac here.

6. Tennessee Titans: Mike Williams WR
- Plain and simple, the Titans need defense. But with new OC Norm Chow in the War Room on draft day, the Titans go with Williams. Mike Williams instantly becomes their #1 WR and a nice start to a rebuilding franchise.

7. Miami Dolphins: Cedric Benson RB
- After getting his wish to trade down, Nick Saban goes with the remaining running back out of the big 3. Saban would love it if Brown fell to him at #7 but will be more than pleased to get Benson and make him his workhorse back in a rebuilt Miami offense.

8. Arizona Cardinals: Antrel Rolle CB
- With Tenn. taking Mike Williams, this leaves the Cards with their #1 choice falling to them in Rolle. With Darnell Dockett and Karlos Dansby having break out years in '04, the Cards add Rolle to solidify a up and coming but young defense.

9. Washington Redskins:Adam "Pac-Man" Jones CB
- The 'Skins may try and move up to get one of the two stud QBs, but end up selecting Jones as a replacement for Fred Smoot. Jones will help to fix the D problem in Washington and if Sean Taylor can become the player he is expected to be, they will form a very formidable secondary in a few years.

10. Detroit Lions: Derrick Johnson OLB
- With their young and talented offense in place, the Lions are overjoyed that Johnson has fell this far and waste no time in selecting him. He'll join Dre' Bly and Boss Bailey in leading the Lions D.

11. Dallas Cowboys: Demarcus Ware LB/DE
- Shawne Merriman will be a very tough choice to pass on, but Parcells will go with Ware because he believes him to be more versitile and better suited to play OLB/DE.

12. San Diego: Troy Williamson WR
- Being set at RB and QB (twice over), the Bolts go with the speedy Williamson to bring in a deep threat to line up across from the aging McCardell. Mark Clayton could go here as well but the Bolts think it would be too much of a reach.

13. Houston Texans: Alex Barron OT
- With the deal for Orlando Pace falling through, the Texans draft Barron who comes at a much cheaper price. Barron will eventually anchor an improved OL and provide Carr with the protection he has been missing for the past few years.

14. Carolina Panthers: Jammal Brown OT
- The Panthers are forced to move Jordan Gross back to the right side after a failed attempted to move him to the left. Brown should have the talent to play LT and give the Panthers a very nice set of young OTs.

15. Kansas City Chiefs: Shawne Merriman DE
- The Chiefs are so happy the could cry (bad joke, I know) that Merriman falls this far. They get the man they wanted and finally have someone to build a defense around.

16. New Orleans Saints: Travis Johnson DT
- With Sullivan looking like a bust, the Saints jump the gun and select Johnson to come in a fill their interior D-line. Thomas Davis could also be a wise pick but Johnson is the selection.

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Erasmus James DE
- With a young backfield in place (Palmer, Perry, Johnson), Marvis Lewis goes back to what he knows best and selects James to give the Bengals a premire pass rusher.

18. Miami Dolphins: Thomas Davis LB/S
- With their second pick of the first round, the 'Fins pick up Davis to plug their hole at S and eventually take over for hall of fame linebacker Junior Seau. Saban would love to pick up a DE here, such as his own Marcus Spears or David Pollack, but with the additions of Holliday and Carter, Davis fills a more immediate need.

19. St. Louis: Khalif Barnes OT
- The Rams have a huge hole at OT and with both their first choices off the board (Barron and Brown), they go with option C and select Barnes who could very well be better than Brown.

20. Dallas Cowboys: Mark Clayton WR
- Parcells is tempted to pick a David Pollack or a Marcus Spears to compliment the previously selected Ware but instead go with the sure handed Clayton to give Bledsoe a new favorite target.

21. Jacksonville Jaguars: Carlos Rodgers CB
- Once again the Jags are exstatic to see Rodgers has fallen all the way to #21. The pick him with ease to bring secondary presence to a revamped D.

22. Baltimore Ravens: Roddy White WR
- Not wanting to add to their defense this early, the Ravens are dissapointed that Clayton is off the boards and go instead with White. White will give Boller another option and a chance to prove he can be the QB for the Ravens.

23. Seattle Seahawks: Fabian Washington CB
- I think the 'Hawks want to go with Marlin Jackson here but are scared off by his injury past. Either way, they go CB no matter what. Justin Miller could be here as well.

24. Green Bay Packers: Justin Miller CB
- The Pack will pick an heir to Favre's thrown this year but not this early. They go will Miller to replace the departed Mike McKinzie

25. Washington Redskins: Jason Campbell QB
- Many think that the 'Skins are just using Campbell as a smokescreen but they infact are enamored with him and happily take him at #25.

26. Oakland Raiders: David Pollack DE
- Something tells me that the Raiders will go LB here so don't be surprised to see a Crowder or a Blackstock but instead they choose Pollack to bring youth and talent to their D-line.

27. Atlanta Falcons: Brodney Pool S
- With a glaring hole at S, the Falcons pass over some of the remaining DL and select Pool to start and replace Cory Hall.

28. San Diego Chargers: Dan Cody DT/LB
- Impressed with his ability to play both LB and DL, the Chargers select him to bring some youth to that side of the ball.

29. Indianapolis Colts: Shaun Cody DT
- With their first choice gone (Travis Johnson), the Colts select Cody to bring some much needed help to their D and form a good tandem with Freeney.

30. Pittsburg Steelers: Marlin Jackson CB
- If a WR was left, they might take one here. But with Matt Jones too much of a reach, they select Jackson despite his injury concerns.

31. Philadelphia Eagles: Kevin Burnett OLB
- With a few of their OLBers departed, the Eagles reach and select Burnett to help fill the holes.

32. New England Patriots: Marcus Spears DE
- Once again the Patsies are on a roll and get Spears with the last pick of the 1st round. Crowder, Ruud or Blackstock are also major possibilities.

no matt jones in the first round?, i like the benson pick and thomas davis pick isnt bad but id rather mark clayton

AggieFin21 said:
I've always been a sucker for peer-pressure and since it's getting about that time, I figured I'd take my shot at a mock draft since there seem to be a limited number of them on the board. Take it for what it's worth, it's probably not much different than yours. Well here goes nothin'...

* I very much think that a trade is going to get done between Miami and Minn. so it will be show in the mock.

1. San Franciso: Aaron Rodgers
- With Alex Smith reportedly wanting more money than the 49ers are willing to pay, they go with the cheaper option in Rodgers and more than likely get a better QB for their system, not to mention the hometown hero.

2. Minnesota: Braylon Edwards
- The Vikes have made it quite obvious that they are going after Edwards and going hard. With the departure of Randy Moss, Edwards is the perfect fit for a system that needs a new #1 WR.

3. Cleveland Browns: Alex Smith
- The Browns have a bunch of holes to fill but even defensive minded Coach Romeo Crennel knows that if you've got a potential franchise QB avaliable and you don't already have one, then you take him. The Browns go with Smith and he becomes the perfect cornerstone for Crennel to build around.

4. Chicago Bears: Ronnie Brown
- If Edwards had fallen to here the Bears would be all over him and though it's been reported that Chicago is currently favoring Cedric Benson, Brown's combine workout make him too hard to pass up.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Carnell Williams
- The Bucs would love to trade up and pick up signal caller Alex Smith, but with the Dolphins already making a deal with the Vikes and Cleveland eventually staying put, the Bucs take Williams. Coach Gruden was reportedly very interested with Williams at the combine and should have no problem picking the Cadillac here.

6. Tennessee Titans: Mike Williams
- Plain and simple, the Titans need defense. But with new OC Norm Chow in the War Room on draft day, the Titans go with Williams. Mike Williams instantly becomes their #1 WR and a nice start to a rebuilding franchise.

7. Miami Dolphins: Cedric Benson
- After getting his wish to trade down, Nick Saban goes with the remaining running back out of the big 3. Saban would love it if Brown fell to him at #7 but will be more than pleased to get Benson and make him his workhorse back in a rebuilt Miami offense.

8. Arizona Cardinals: Antrel Rolle
- With Tenn. taking Mike Williams, this leaves the Cards with their #1 choice falling to them in Rolle. With Darnell Dockett and Karlos Dansby having break out years in '04, the Cards add Rolle to solidify a up and coming but young defense.

9. Washington Redskins:Adam "Pac-Man" Jones
- The 'Skins may try and move up to get one of the two stud QBs, but end up selecting Jones as a replacement for Fred Smoot. Jones will help to fix the D problem in Washington and if Sean Taylor can become the player he is expected to be, they will form a very formidable secondary in a few years.

10. Detroit Lions: Derrick Johnson
- With their young and talented offense in place, the Lions are overjoyed that Johnson has fell this far and waste no time in selecting him. He'll join Dre' Bly and Boss Bailey in leading the Lions D.

11. Dallas Cowboys: Demarcus Ware
- Shawne Merriman will be a very tough choice to pass on, but Parcells will go with Ware because he believes him to be more versitile and better suited to play OLB/DE.

12. San Diego: Troy Williamson
- Being set at RB and QB (twice over), the Bolts go with the speedy Williamson to bring in a deep threat to line up across from the aging McCardell. Mark Clayton could go here as well but the Bolts think it would be too much of a reach.

13. Houston Texans: Alex Barron
- With the deal for Orlando Pace falling through, the Texans draft Barron who comes at a much cheaper price. Barron will eventually anchor an improved OL and provide Carr with the protection he has been missing for the past few years.

14. Carolina Panthers: Jammal Brown
- The Panthers are forced to move Jordan Gross back to the right side after a failed attempted to move him to the left. Brown should have the talent to play LT and give the Panthers a very nice set of young OTs.

15. Kansas City Chiefs: Shawne Merriman
- The Chiefs are so happy the could cry (bad joke, I know) that Merriman falls this far. They get the man they wanted and finally have someone to build a defense around.

16. New Orleans Saints: Travis Johnson
- With Sullivan looking like a bust, the Saints jump the gun and select Johnson to come in a fill their interior D-line. Thomas Davis could also be a wise pick but Johnson is the selection.

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Erasmus James
- With a young backfield in place (Palmer, Perry, Johnson), Marvis Lewis goes back to what he knows best and selects James to give the Bengals a premire pass rusher.

18. Miami Dolphins: Thomas Davis
- With their second pick of the first round, the 'Fins pick up Davis to plug their hole at S and eventually take over for hall of fame linebacker Junior Seau. Saban would love to pick up a DE here, such as his own Marcus Spears or David Pollack, but with the additions of Holliday and Carter, Davis fills a more immediate need.

19. St. Louis: Khalif Barnes
- The Rams have a huge hole at OT and with both their first choices off the board (Barron and Brown), they go with option C and select Barnes who could very well be better than Brown.

20. Dallas Cowboys: Mark Clayton
- Parcells is tempted to pick a David Pollack or a Marcus Spears to compliment the previously selected Ware but instead go with the sure handed Clayton to give Bledsoe a new favorite target.

21. Jacksonville Jaguars: Carlos Rodgers
- Once again the Jags are exstatic to see Rodgers has fallen all the way to #21. The pick him with ease to bring secondary presence to a revamped D.

22. Baltimore Ravens: Roddy White
- Not wanting to add to their defense this early, the Ravens are dissapointed that Clayton is off the boards and go instead with White. White will give Boller another option and a chance to prove he can be the QB for the Ravens.

23. Seattle Seahawks: Fabian Washington
- I think the 'Hawks want to go with Marlin Jackson here but are scared off by his injury past. Either way, they go CB no matter what. Justin Miller could be here as well.

24. Green Bay Packers: Justin Miller
- The Pack will pick an heir to Favre's thrown this year but not this early. They go will Miller to replace the departed Mike McKinzie

25. Washington Redskins: Jason Campbell
- Many think that the 'Skins are just using Campbell as a smokescreen but they infact are enamored with him and happily take him at #25.

26. Oakland Raiders: David Pollack
- Something tells me that the Raiders will go LB here so don't be surprised to see a Crowder or a Blackstock but instead they choose Pollack to bring youth and talent to their D-line.

27. Atlanta Falcons: Brodney Pool
- With a glaring hole at S, the Falcons pass over some of the remaining DL and select Pool to start and replace Cory Hall.

28. San Diego Chargers: Dan Cody
- Impressed with his ability to play both LB and DL, the Chargers select him to bring some youth to that side of the ball.

29. Indianapolis Colts: Shaun Cody
- With their first choice gone (Travis Johnson), the Colts select Cody to bring some much needed help to their D and form a good tandem with Freeney.

30. Pittsburg Steelers: Marlin Jackson
- If a WR was left, they might take one here. But with Matt Jones too much of a reach, they select Jackson despite his injury concerns.

31. Philadelphia Eagles: Kevin Burnett
- With a few of their OLBers departed, the Eagles reach and select Burnett to help fill the holes.

32. New England Patriots: Marcus Spears
- Once again the Patsies are on a roll and get Spears with the last pick of the 1st round. Crowder, Ruud or Blackstock are also major possibilities.

it would help a little if you had the positions that they play...just a suggestion...:)

I like benson going to us!
and hopefully it will happen

What do you think about benson trading in his white for aqua and becoming a Orange and Aqua dolphin?

I really like the Thomas Davis pick. If we trade with Minny, I really hope we get him with the 18th spot.

lazlo73 said:
No way Spears falls that far! Hell, I hope he doesn't fall to the Pats!

I just don't see where else he fits in. Plus I feel that teams are shying away from him for injury reasons.

AggieFin21 said:

1. San Franciso: Aaron Rodgers QB

2. Minnesota: Braylon Edwards WR

3. Cleveland Browns: Alex Smith QB

4. Chicago Bears: Ronnie Brown RB

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Carnell Williams RB

6. Tennessee Titans: Mike Williams WR

7. Miami Dolphins: Cedric Benson RB

8. Arizona Cardinals: Antrel Rolle CB

9. Washington Redskins:Adam "Pac-Man" Jones CB

10. Detroit Lions: Derrick Johnson OLB

11. Dallas Cowboys: Demarcus Ware LB/DE

12. San Diego: Troy Williamson WR

13. Houston Texans: Alex Barron OT

14. Carolina Panthers: Jammal Brown OT

15. Kansas City Chiefs: Shawne Merriman DE

16. New Orleans Saints: Travis Johnson DT

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Erasmus James DE

18. Miami Dolphins: Thomas Davis LB/S

19. St. Louis: Khalif Barnes OT

20. Dallas Cowboys: Mark Clayton WR

21. Jacksonville Jaguars: Carlos Rodgers CB

22. Baltimore Ravens: Roddy White WR

23. Seattle Seahawks: Fabian Washington CB

24. Green Bay Packers: Justin Miller CB

25. Washington Redskins: Jason Campbell QB

26. Oakland Raiders: David Pollack DE

27. Atlanta Falcons: Brodney Pool S

28. San Diego Chargers: Dan Cody DT/LB

29. Indianapolis Colts: Shaun Cody DT

30. Pittsburg Steelers: Marlin Jackson CB

31. Philadelphia Eagles: Kevin Burnett OLB

32. New England Patriots: Marcus Spears DE

Now listen to your mother Aggie... I think the TOP 10 picks are pretty good except I don't think Tennessee will go for a WR or Mike Williams. I really think their biggest need would be CB and they'll probably go with Rolle (my prediction) or Pac Man Jones. I agreewith whoever said they'd rather take Clayon at #18... I would say Clayton or the best Offensive lineman available, we should get, if we do the trade with Minnesota. Also, I don't see any way possible of Spears falling to #32. Near to impossible, and why you would think that and have New England taking him... You got me thinking maybe you want Pats to win another Super Bowl. :tsk:

Not a bad mock though, for the most part it's pretty good and I liked it. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom