Butler Coming To Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Butler Coming To Miami

Well, ****.

CP3 is actually a much better fit for you guys than Westbrook.

Houston saved us. Westbrook would of sold jerseys and had Miami buzzing. . . . But from a team perspective it just didnt make sense once you picked up Jimmy Butler. Combined with having to likely give up some combination of Bam, Winslow and Herro . . . After already losing JRich.

The CP3 contract is so god awful. With Jimmy and CP3 . . . You pretty much are saying that is your duo to go after a ring for the next 3-4 years. This is a much more lateral move to Dragic who is on a bargain deal.

Miami needs to run with the group they have and revisit this in February if need be. The only really bad contract is James Johnson . . . But I also worry about Dion coming off the bench on a contract year.

But I like the group we have

Houston saved us. Westbrook would of sold jerseys and had Miami buzzing. . . . But from a team perspective it just didnt make sense once you picked up Jimmy Butler. Combined with having to likely give up some combination of Bam, Winslow and Herro . . . After already losing JRich.

The CP3 contract is so god awful. With Jimmy and CP3 . . . You pretty much are saying that is your duo to go after a ring for the next 3-4 years. This is a much more lateral move to Dragic who is on a bargain deal.

Miami needs to run with the group they have and revisit this in February if need be. The only really bad contract is James Johnson . . . But I also worry about Dion coming off the bench on a contract year.

But I like the group we have

There are still too many bodies and not enough minutes to go around. Waiters, JJ, Dragic, Olynyk, and Leonard are all going to want playing time. With the possible exception of Dragic they're all playing for that next contract. Riley needs to find out if Jones and Robinson are worth investing in and both will need some court time.

Bam, Butler, and Winslow are all getting 30+ minutes and Herro will probably get starters minutes. There's only so much more time to go around. I still think Riley needs to convert 2 or 3 of those rotational guys into a quality starter.

The Paul contract is palatable if Arison is willing to go into the luxury tax. What would scare me is if last season is the new norm for him. It could have been the injury or him losing interest in playing next to Harden but the quality of play took a nosedive and that's frightening coming from a 34 yr old.

I'm glad we only got Butler...I'm not as high on Westbrook as some, and that contract was brutal.

Go for 2021...it's going to be a nice group to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom