Buy or Sell...NFL Draft Version | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buy or Sell...NFL Draft Version

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So many rumors flying during April in regards to the NFL draft. Do you buy or sell these?

SF takes Jones over Fields.

Atlanta takes a quarterback.

Miami takes Chase.

Miami pulls a big surprise and takes Surtain.

Jets get Etienne at #23.

Miami takes Phillips at #18.

Both Elijah Moore and Bateman go in 1st.

Four quarterbacks go in top 5.

So many rumors flying during April in regards to the NFL draft. Do you buy or sell these?

SF takes Jones over Fields. Sell, I think they take Fields ... Jones is not a special QB.

Atlanta takes a quarterback. Sell, I think they'll wait until next year to draft a QB. A very likely possibility would be that they trade out of the pick and someone else drafts a QB though.

Miami takes Chase. Buy, and I really hope we do. This kid is going to be special, and we should pair him with Tua so they grow together and it gives Tua the best possible chance to succeed.

Miami pulls a big surprise and takes Surtain. Sell, we wouldn't have traded back up from #12 to #6 for a CB. There's several of them that are top notch, and the difference isn't worth a 1st rounder.

Jets get Etienne at #23. Sell, not really sure who gets which RB, but I could see Etienne going as high as 23. Not really sure about this one, just playing the odds.

Miami takes Phillips at #18. Buy, we NEED an instant-starter at OLB/DE hybrid edge, and the FA market has dried up. Only 2 or 3 prospects can do it, all have red flags, and Phillips is both the best edge and best fit.

Both Elijah Moore and Bateman go in 1st. Sell, I think it is equally likely that neither goes in the 1st round.

Four quarterbacks go in top 5. Buy, entirely possible, but definitely something to watch!

My responses in ORANGE after your questions within the quote.

Miami takes Chase.

Jets get Etienne at #23.

I think San Fran takes Fields. 3 seems just too high for Jones.
I think Atlanta SHOULD take a QB if one is there they like. But who is the best choice for them if they don't go QB? What defensive player would you take at 4? Atlanta is such a wild card to me.
Just heard a rumor I think reported by Tony Pauline (sorry no link) that Miami will stay clear of players who opted out. (I have to imagine that is unless that value is crazy good, like Parsons at 18)
I don't think Miami takes Chase; I would bet Chase goes to Cincy, and Miami ends up with either Pitts or Smith.
I can't imagine Miami taking Surtain at 6. That would have to be because they have a trade in place for XHoward, who gets flipped immediately after. THEN maybe.
Maybe Etienne to the Jets second first rounder. That would be his value range I think.
I don't think we take Phillips at 18. Ossai or Collins would be wiser.
Moore and Bateman might go late first, but after T Marshall's pro day, he could force one of them into the second.

I'm buying the Jamar Chase rumor. As for Phillips at #18. I think that is too risky, considering his concussion issues. Obviously he's talented enough to be a 1st round pick. But I'd not take that chance at #18. If he were to be available at #50, then Yes!!

Last edited:

Miami takes Chase.

Jets get Etienne at #23.

Four quarterbacks go in top 5.
1. Hard Sell. I would be shocked if any team has Jones over Fields.
2. Sell. Atlanta has way bigger issues than QB. If they could get Lawrence or Fields then maybe, but I can't see them spending the 4th overall pick on the 4th best QB prospect when they could take the best non-QB in the draft at any position, or trade down for more picks to try to rebuild their roster.
3. Sell. I think the Bengals take Chase.
4. Sell. I assume you mean taking him at #6 since you say it's a big surprise. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami take another corner, even fairly early, but I just can't see Miami forgoing all the other talent available at #6 for Surtain.
5. Buy. Jets need a running back badly. I would guess Etienne is their top choice to help either Darnold or their new QB, and there's no guarantee he or Harris are available at #34.
6. Sell. Seems like the type of player the Phins could go for and it fills a major need, but it looks like he's kind of a one year wonder so I don't think Phins would be willing to use #18 on him.
7. Sell. Too many other good players for them both to go in the first imo. Could see Moore not going until the third as well.
8. Sell. Too much talent at the top for any team to take the 4th best QB prospect in the top 5 imo.

I'm buying the Jamar Chase rumor. As for Phillips at #18. I think that is too risky, considering his concussion issues. Obviously he's talented enough to be a 1st round pick. But I'd not take that chance at #18. If he were to be available at #50, then Yes!!
That is the question, isn't it. Potentially the best pass rusher in the class, in Phillips, has had multiply concussions. Oweh has unreal explosion numbers, but it definitely a work in progress with 0 sacks this past year. Rousseau had a pretty underwhelming workout and doesn't look explosive. Yet, he has produced.

Miami's going to take a swing, but with who?

Surtain > Igbinoghene

But still. We need offensive playmakers. If we pass on D. Smith I will be the first calling for Grier to be fired.

I would buy on Chase as well. I think it has to be an offensive playmaker there. Could be Smith or Waddle if Cincinnati takes Chase.

I could buy Phillips at #36. He could be in play at #18, but I would sell there.

My wildcard pick ay #18 is Barmore. I know Miami is in good shape at DT, but the way Barmore played in the playoffs he might fall into the too good to pass category.

I also think Flores loves DT's. Wilkins could play outside a little more.

I like what this dude has said and seems spot on.
Only thing I'm worried about is Phillips at 18. Dont get me wrong, this guy looks like a super-stallion at #18. I'm just worried about the youngman's health.
I would love to see Phillips in a Dolphins jersey, it is a huge risk but then again the upside is tremendous. If Phillips can stay healthy we might have a real freak on our D Line and I like that.

Last edited:
Miami taking Surtain would not be a surprise. They love doing dumb stuff you

Unfortunately you are correct. Wasting a first round pick on Iggy last year clearly shows that they still make some dumb decisions with their first round picks.

Iggy might eventually become a decent player in the NFL or he could become another first round bust. Yet I still can’t believe they drafted him last year when all the top RB’s were still on the board.

That is the question, isn't it. Potentially the best pass rusher in the class, in Phillips, has had multiply concussions. Oweh has unreal explosion numbers, but it definitely a work in progress with 0 sacks this past year. Rousseau had a pretty underwhelming workout and doesn't look explosive. Yet, he has produced.

Miami's going to take a swing, but with who?
I think those swings are on senior bowl players.

Back
Top Bottom