Bwahahahahah | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bwahahahahah

dolfan25

Club Member
Reaction score
I don't usually like typing my laughing but I gotta tell you guys about this one. I had an argument with a poster over on the BBI. This clown is convinced that in the all time rankings of RB's in NFL history that Thurman Thomas should be ranked higher than Jim Brown. He says Brown only played 9 years so that counts against him. What he doesn't seem to realize is that most great RB's have about 7 years of great production and that's it. Don't get me wrong I think Thurman was a nice back and 1 of the all time greats but better than Jim Brown. Please. What a joke.

Here's the link it's at the end where this D-Rocafella spouts off.

http://buffalorange.temppublish.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19799

I know everyone has an opinion and a right to it but some things are so stupid you just can't believe it. This is equivalent to saying that Eddie Murray was a better home run hitter than Ruth.

Please ignore D-Roca, some stupid stuff comes out of him on a regular basis. His views in no was reflect the rank and file Bills fan.

No true comparison because they were totally different style of Rbs........Thurman was clearly a better receiver than Jim Brown, but no doubt, Jim Brown was vastly superior "running" RB

I don't know if offensive coordinators even tried to involve RBs in the passing game much back when Jim Brown played the game. When it came to running the ball Jim Brown was a man among boys. To some extent I think football has caught up to where Jom Brown was years ago. Players have become bigger and faster over the years. If Jim Brown were playing today, he would still be a great running back, but he might not have been as completely dominating as he was in his own time. That's only speculation though. The bottom line is there is no one in NFL history to compare with Jim Brown.

Originally posted by TigerJ
If Jim Brown were playing today, he would still be a great running back, but he might not have been as completely dominating as he was in his own time. That's only speculation though. The bottom line is there is no one in NFL history to compare with Jim Brown.

You have to consider all the conditioning and whatnot modern players have that old school players didn't. I remember Deacon Jones saying that he didn't workout on the offseason b/c he had to work other jobs for money. After one year's worth of play, today's players are set for life. See the difference?

Back
Top Bottom