By reports, we were willing to entertain a trade for Deshawn Watson. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

By reports, we were willing to entertain a trade for Deshawn Watson.

1972forever

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This is dated March 21, 2021. What is the date of your latest report?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-remain-interested-in-a-deshaun-watson-trade/
As of today, it appears Watson has expressed an interest in being traded to the Broncos. While he might have an interest in being traded to the Broncos or any other team, I haven’t read anywhere of any team wanting to trade for him while he is in the middle of numerous lawsuits.

I have no doubt there will be interest in him if he can eventually resolve his legal issues but no team is likely to want to trade for him right now because they have no way of knowing if he will even be available for the 2021 season.

I think he will eventually end up being traded to the Broncos, Raiders, Saints, Eagles or the Packers if they trade Rogers. I just don’t see him ever being a Miami Dolphin.

DPhinz_DPhinz

I cash reality checks....
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
As of today, it appears Watson has expressed an interest in being traded to the Broncos. While he might have an interest in being traded to the Broncos or any other team, I haven’t read anywhere of any team wanting to trade for him while he is in the middle of numerous lawsuits.

I have no doubt there will be interest in him if he can eventually resolve his legal issues but no team is likely to want to trade for him right now because they have no way of knowing if he will even be available for the 2021 season.

I think he will eventually end up being traded to the Broncos, Raiders, Saints, Eagles or the Packers if they trade Rogers. I just don’t see him ever being a Miami Dolphin.
Kareem Jackson told you Watson wanted to be a Bronco...and your beloved it because Watson is such a threat to our resident paper tiger?

I heard Aaron Rodgers also wanted to be traded to the Broncos.

The Broncos must really have something fabulous going on over there that two of the top five QB's have had them as a trade destination. Either that or a fledgling podcast (Aqib Talib) needed a boost. I would bet that Watson has said that to a bunch of players like say.......Wes Fuller.

It is my wish that we trade for Watson, POST HASTE. Unfortunately, Houston GM made mention that we can keep Tua if the trade is made.

In closing, you sound petty as hell to scroll back 2 months ago for no other reason than to hope for a negative reaction from me. It almost worked until I saw how far you wentr back in order to be able to connect your gossip together.

Last edited:

1972forever

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Kareem Jackson told you Watson wanted to be a Bronco...and your beloved it because Watson is such a threat to our resident paper tiger?

I heard Aaron Rodgers also wanted to be traded to the Broncos.

The Broncos must really have something fabulous going on over there that two of the top five QB's have had them as a trade destination. Either that or a fledgling podcast (Aqib Talib) needed a boost. I would bet that Watson has said that to a bunch of players like say.......Wes Fuller.

It is my wish that we trade for Watson, POST HASTE. Unfortunately, Houston GM made mention that we can keep Tua if the trade is made.

In closing, you sound petty as hell to scroll back 2 months ago for no other reason than to hope for a negative reaction from me. It almost worked until I saw how far you wentr back in order to be able to connect your gossip together.
I really don’t care what your reaction is. The reality is the Dolphins aren’t trading for Watson and they are building the team around Tua. If for some reason Tua doesn’t work out over the next few years, they will just draft another QB in the future.

Please post exactly who in the Texans organization stated they did not want Tua in a trade. As far as I know, the GM of the Texans was never quoted making the comment you attribute to him. You seem upset I posted a comment that Watson had expressed an interest in being traded to the Broncos but you are willing to accept that some unnamed source inside the Texans stated they had no interest in Tua in a trade for Watson.

I have stated numerous times that at this stage of their careers, Watson is the better QB. I just don’t see with all his legal issues that Ross and the Dolphins would have any interest in trading for him. My view is Tua is the QB and will be the starting QB in 2021. So I am not going to sit around and
hope they trade for Watson, Rogers, Wilson or any other QB who might happen to be interested in being traded from their present team.

If Tua doesn’t work out, the Dolphins will eventually draft another QB but I still believe he will be an excellent QB for the Dolphins. Yet even if he doesn’t pan out with Tua, I don’t ever see Watson playing for the Dolphins. So keep living in your dream world if it makes you happy but as the saying goes, “wishing for something doesn’t mean it will happen”.

Personally I wish the Texans and Packers would just go ahead and trade Watson and Rogers. Since neither of them will ever be traded to the Dolphins. At least once they are traded to another team, all the threads about either of them coming to Miami will finally end and some people will finally have to accept the Dolphins are going with Tua as their starting QB, whether those people like it or not.

Last edited:

DPhinz_DPhinz

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I really don’t care what your reaction is. The reality is the Dolphins aren’t trading for Watson and they are building the team around Tua. If for some reason Tua doesn’t work out over the next few years, they will just draft another QB in the future.

Please post exactly who in the Texans organization stated they did not want Tua in a trade. As far as I know, the GM of the Texans was never quoted making the comment you attribute to him. You seem upset I posted a comment that Watson had expressed an interest in being traded to the Broncos but you are willing to accept that some unnamed source inside the Texans stated they had no interest in Tua in a trade for Watson.

I have stated numerous times that at this stage of their careers, Watson is the better QB. I just don’t see with all his legal issues that Ross and the Dolphins would have any interest in trading for him. My view is Tua is the QB and will be the starting QB in 2021. So I am not going to sit around and
hope they trade for Watson, Rogers, Wilson or any other QB who might happen to be interested in being traded from their present team.

If Tua doesn’t work out, the Dolphins will eventually draft another QB but I still believe he will be an excellent QB for the Dolphins. yet even if he doesn’t pan out with Tua, I don’t ever see Watson playing for the Dolphins. So keep living in your dream world if it makes you happy but as the saying goes, “wishing for something doesn’t mean it will happen”.

Personally I wish the Texans and Packers would just go ahead and trade Watson and Rogers. Since neither of them will ever be traded to the Dolphins. At least once they are traded to another team, all the threads about either of them coming to Miami will finally end and some people will finally have to accept the Dolphins are going with Tua as their starting QB, whether those people like it or not.
The saving grace for this sycophantic rant is that you led with saying, "The reality is..." as opposed to, "The facts of the matter..." Your reality is obviously far different than mine. You get orgasmic from the words of Kareem Jackson.

We can have different realities, but we must share the same facts. One fact we have to share is that it was reported by Barry Jackson that we were indeed looking into trading for Watson, so aside from all this goodness...Tua is expendable, as all players should be in the right situation, in the eyes of the FO. Now we can infer whatever that means, but for you to say that Ross won't sign a player with Watson's baggage flies in the face of him signing Raekwon Davis (gun charge that was Sabanized) and Kai Locksley (another gun man).

It's disingenuous and petty as hell of you to say that Watson is better, blah, blah, blah...and then search 2 months back for a post that is old news going into training camp.

For the record, I'm still 100 % behind trading Tua for Watson. I'm also 100% certain that if Tua pulls another stinker and Watson doesn't play this season, his *ss will be a career back up oozing with Dolphin fanbase potential and if Watson is available he'll be here.

Nick Casiero may not have went on Aqib Talib's podcast and told us that we can keep the 5th pick in a trade...but these links should give you an idea that he knows what we don't about Tua going to the Texans:

Last edited:

1972forever

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The saving grace for this sycophantic rant is that you led with saying, "The reality is..." as opposed to, "The facts of the matter..." Your reality is obviously far different than mine. You get orgasmic from the words of Kareem Jackson.

We can have different realities, but we must share the same facts. One fact we have to share is that it was reported by Barry Jackson that we were indeed looking into trading for Watson, so aside from all this goodness...Tua is expendable, as all players should be in the right situation, in the eyes of the FO. Now we can infer whatever that means, but for you to say that Ross won't sign a player with Watson's baggage flies in the face of him signing Raekwon Davis (gun charge that was Sabanized) and Kai Locksley (another gun man).

It's disingenuous and petty as hell of you to say that Watson is better, blah, blah, blah...and then search 2 months back for a post that is old news going into training camp.

For the record, I'm still 100 % behind trading Tua for Watson. I'm also 100% certain that if Tua pulls another stinker and Watson doesn't play this season, his *ss will be a career back up oozing with Dolphin fanbase potential and if Watson is available he'll be here.

Nick Casiero may not have went on Aqib Talib's podcast and told us that we can keep the 5th pick in a trade...but these links should give you an idea that he knows what we don't about Tua going to the Texans:

We all get it. You can’t stand the fact the Dolphins are building around Tua and your guy Watson will end up either not playing in 2021 or playing for another team, not named the Dolphins.

Hopefully you can then root for whichever team Watson ends up on and forget about the Dolphins. Because you will obviously be upset for at least the next decade as Tua remains the Dolphin QB and Watson enjoys massage parlors in whatever city he ends up being trading to.

Funny how you don’t want to believe media reports that Watson doesn’t want to come to Miami but prefers the Broncos, Eagles, or Raiders. Yet you are happy to believe media reports that the Texans
wouldn’t want Tua in a trade for Watson.

I haven’t heard Watson ever state publicly where he wants to be traded to but it wouldn’t surprise me if he preferred the Broncos, Eagles, Raiders or a number of other teams over being traded to the Dolphins. I think he is looking to be traded to a team where he could be the starter instead of being traded to the Dolphins and being Tua’s backup for the next several years.

DPhinz_DPhinz

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We all get it. You can’t stand the fact the Dolphins are building around Tua and your guy Watson will end up either not playing in 2021 or playing for another team, not named the Dolphins.

Hopefully you can then root for whichever team Watson ends up on and forget about the Dolphins. Because you will obviously be upset for at least the next decade as Tua remains the Dolphin QB and Watson enjoys massage parlors in whatever city he ends up being trading to.

Funny how you don’t want to believe media reports that Watson doesn’t want to come to Miami but prefers the Broncos, Eagles, or Raiders. Yet you are happy to believe media reports that the Texans
wouldn’t want Tua in a trade for Watson.

I haven’t heard Watson ever state publicly where he wants to be traded to but it wouldn’t surprise me if he preferred the Broncos, Eagles, Raiders or a number of other teams over being traded to the Dolphins. I think he is looking to be traded to a team where he could be the starter instead of being traded to the Dolphins and being Tua’s backup for the next several years.
You remind me of a crazy wife who brings up stupid sh*t from 2 months back to start an argument.

What you posted sounds like something a masseuse in the Watson case would post...if she were a Dolphin fan.

If you are out during the first game, buy yourself a shot....a shot of testosterone.

GrieseMarinoTua

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I really hate posts like this.

'agree with me or go somewhere else'.

Petty.
Guess what, I really hate posts like yours. I’m not quoting myself, I’m saying the FO has spoken Tua is getting his shot, accept it.

if you don’t like what the FO are doing there are other teams snd if you prefer a player over a club then go support the club your favourite player moves to.)

and .... it’s getting boring and unnecessary, this Tua bashing is now starting to become ridiculous after one season.

not sure why you signed off your post but anyway Mr Petty, I wanted Herbert over Tua but he’s out QB give him his shot but the incessant non stop BS is now boring

RM

TrogdorTheBurninator

Active Roster
Reaction score
Guess what, I really hate posts like yours. I’m not quoting myself, I’m saying the FO has spoken Tua is getting his shot, accept it.

if you don’t like what the FO are doing there are other teams snd if you prefer a player over a club then go support the club your favourite player moves to.)

and .... it’s getting boring and unnecessary, this Tua bashing is now starting to become ridiculous after one season.

not sure why you signed off your post but anyway Mr Petty, I wanted Herbert over Tua but he’s out QB give him his shot but the incessant non stop BS is now boring

RM
I agree with most everything, but just because that crazy *** dude likes watson over tua, doesn't make him any more/less a phins fan. Just makes him annoying af. Can we at least agree on that?

1972forever

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
You remind me of a crazy wife who brings up stupid sh*t from 2 months back to start an argument.

What you posted sounds like something a masseuse in the Watson case would post...if she were a Dolphin fan.

If you are out during the first game, buy yourself a shot....a shot of testosterone.
I don’t attack posters because that isn’t what this forum is all about. Enjoy watching Tua as the Dolphins QB for the next decade. Otherwise I have nothing else to say to someone like you who seems to enjoy writing childish gibberis.

Top Bottom