Bye Week Grade... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Week Grade...

O - Incomplete
D - Incomplete
ST - Incomplete
Coaching - Incomplete
Overall - Incomplete

Its fun to judge but we have completed the first quarter of a FULL rebuild/tank and we cant grade how it fared until Next year at the earliest.

I do remain positive that the Dolphins are headed in the right direction and made the right decision to tear it down and reset the foundation.

Gesicki, one of the biggest wiffs we've had in recent years...along with Harris. Man I thought this guy would just tear up the league. If we cut him, he'll go to the Evil Empire and become a god....you just know it.
Dallas Goedert, Mark Andrews and Chris Herndon (who played in the Dolphins backyard) all drafted after Gesicki and all doing very well. Makes you feel better about who's in charge of this rebuild yet?

Position groups...

Te

Gesicki- minus. That likely becomes a replace during next season. Only reason im saying give it one more year is cause he looks like he belongs in pads at least and his feet are more under him and miamis got bigger fish to fry this offseason. Year 3 is **** or get off the pot time

Smythe- minus. Disappointed with his development.

O’Leary- serviceable. Which is largely ask based. Which is limited
It would be a much shorter list if you just mentioned who doesn't need to be replaced within the next couple seasons....much shorter.

So for this bye week, the Offense will be consistent, shut out in the 2nd half for 5th consecutive week. Im sure Rowe will keep it going by continuing to get burned in practice. So...first qtr grades....

Coaching: D
Offense: F
Defense: F
Intangibles: D
Special Teams: D

I would have given special teams a C but can’t when you look at the bad decision making on Grant bringing out a lot of kicks, a muff vs Baltimore, Matt Shaank punts, and 3 missed Sanders FGs.

A+

They committed to sucking. They're doing an excellent job.

Right now I would rate the offense a Banana, the Defense a Apple, The coaching has been a solid Pear, while the front office has been a strawberry.

A+++ I'm thrilled. Genuinely.

Though I'm concerned that the jets and Redskins may be at the top of the class so we still have room for improvement

A+++ I'm thrilled. Genuinely.

Though I'm concerned that the jets and Redskins may be at the top of the class so we still have room for improvement

Fortunately it's all in our own hands, with games against our big rivals coming up. Let's hope if we see any signs of life, like we saw in the first half in the last two games, Flores takes the boys to the side and gives his legendary half time team talks and reminds them of the program we are on, keep up those huge 2nd half points hauls :)

BTW, I'm expecting our most competitive performance of the season this weekend, I'm sure the boys won't let us down !

Exactly.... I don't understand why "some" people are pretending like this is a normal year. I see way too many posts from people that can't or won't accept this year for what it is. It actually makes me feel kinda bad for them. I had zero expectations for this team this year so I'm not frustrated or mad or anything. I understand the need to get as many picks as possible and the higher those picks the better.
I will say this though..... They better kill it when it comes to the draft and free agency next year cause i definitely don't want the team to be this bad EVER again.
Because people are still expecting progress with player development and coaching regardless of wins and losses that should still be happening. There’s a little bit of it with coaching but I’m not seeing much with player development. If those things aren’t happening then all those picks and money don’t matter anyway

Back
Top Bottom