Bye-Week Mock Draft (Four Rounds) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye-Week Mock Draft (Four Rounds)

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Wanted to do something a little different. I think Miami will have a top 8 pick from Houston and probably around the middle of the pack with their own pick. Potentially (hopefully) a little later in round 1.

1. Michah Parsons, LB Penn State
He's still the player I most want if Miami is picking 5-10ish. Other options could be Chase, or even maybe a trade down option. Parsons is potentially one of the best linebackers to come out in the last few years. Wilson, the DT from Florida State, is an interesting player, but top 10 might be a tad high.

1. Hamsah Nasirildeen, S/LB Florida State
The Dolphins have had pretty good play out of Rowe, Brandon Jones and McCain, but Nasirildeen has a chance to be the type of player Flores loves. His ability to play multiple positions, would give Flores a chess piece and different ways to attack offenses. We know he loves secondary players so I wouldn't dismiss a hybrid safety early. I think Waddle will be off the board by this spot as Miami is starting to win games. A wide receiver (Smith, bama), a pass rusher (Jones of Pitt) or a DT (Barmore, bama) would seemingly be in play.

2. DaVonta Smith Wr. Alabama
Smith is projected somewhere late first to early second on most mock draft. So, I'm being a little optimistic here. Smith's size could drop him a little, but he's a playmaker and obviously had success with Tua at Alabama.

2. Tyler Shelvin DT, LSU
Shelvin is a 346-pound run stuffer. Second round might be a bit early, although he's projected in that range. Parsons, Nasirildeen and Shelvin would dramatically improve Miami's run defense.

3. Journey Brown RB, Penn State
Considering his talent, you just don't hear enough about Brown. He has the speed to break big plays.

4. Drake Johnson C, University of Kentucky
Karras has been a solid addition for Miami and the Dolphins could extend his contract. But center could be a question mark heading into the offseason. I love Humphrey, but he's likely a top 20 pick and I don't think Miami will go offensive line early unless Robert Hunt struggles. Johnson seems to fit the physical, mauler mode that the Dolphins are transitioning to.

Note: I'm hoping that Miami extends Ogbah. In fact, I'd work on that right away if I'm Grier. If not, Jones from Pitt or another pass rusher needs to be a priority even over a fantastic safety prospect.

sign me up for that right now. 5 of the 6 guys you mocked are definitely “my guys”.

I don’t know enough about Shelvin to analyze that pick. LSU players scare me.

Patrick Jones is a player. He's versatile as a 4-3 DE and OLB. He's 270 lbs but looks more like he's 240. His teammate Rashad Weaver is one hell of a player, as well. More of a traditional 4-3 DE, but a good overall prospect.

Patrick Jones is a player. He's versatile as a 4-3 DE and OLB. He's 270 lbs but looks more like he's 240. His teammate Rashad Weaver is one hell of a player, as well. More of a traditional 4-3 DE, but a good overall prospect.
I'm a big fan of Jones. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up close to top 10.

sign me up for that right now. 5 of the 6 guys you mocked are definitely “my guys”.

I don’t know enough about Shelvin to analyze that pick. LSU players scare me.
Shelvin is a handful in the run game and would complement Wilkins style. But he's not going to do much in the pass game.

Great stuff. I always enjoy your thoughts.

I think we all agree we need a butt kicking defensive end. I tell you what. I’m very enamored with Aidan Hutchinson.

At the top, Parsons would fill a massive need. We need an electric receiver like Waddle too. We likely can’t have both but you never know with the injury to Waddle. The biggest dream scenario is you walk out of the first round with both, as unrealistic as it sounds. But Devonta Smith still lurks even if it’s not possible to get Parsons and Waddle.

Assuming we can only get one of those two, depending on how the draft falls, Hutchinson might be an excellent pick for us at 1B or 2A. If I came out of my first three picks with Parsons, Devonta Smith and Aidan Hutchinson, just wow.

We can have an influx of blue chip players. Playmakers who can make a difference. The front seven gets two impact players and we get an explosive weapon for the offense.

Last edited:
Great stuff. I always enjoy your thoughts.

I think we all agree we need a butt kicking defensive end. I tell you what. I’m very enamored with Aidan Hutchinson.

At the top, Parsons would fill a massive need. We need an electric receiver like Waddle too. We likely can’t have both but you never know with the injury to Waddle. The biggest dream scenario is you walk out of the first round with both, as unrealistic as it sounds. But Devonta Smith still lurks even if it’s not possible to get Parsons and Waddle.

Assuming we can only get one of those two, depending on how the draft falls, Hutchinson might be an excellent pick for us at 1B or 2A. If I came out of my first three picks with Parsons, Devonta Smith and Aidan Hutchinson, just wow.

We can have an influx of blue chip players. Playmakers who can make a difference. The front seven gets two impact players and we get an explosive weapon for the offense.
I love that scenario. Ogbah definitely looks like the answer at one end. Hutchinson, Jones and Paye (sp) would seem like fits in the draft.

Solid draft! I do not think DaVonta falls that far, but would LOVE that draft. Minus drafting Hamsah Nasirildeen so high.

Last edited:
Right, Smith will be a 1st rounder for sure.

The only question with him is his slight frame but WR's just don't get hit as much as they used to so it is less of a worry.

The kid is going to enter the NFL and just be open for the next decade.

There is a good chance we draft a Bama WR if we end up with a winning record.

If we were looking at a pick in the 10-13 range I’d tell you to prepare for a rookie starting center.

Now I’m thinking we will be in that 17-22 range and more likely to consider a WR the way this season is playing out.

Back
Top Bottom