Bye week reflections | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye week reflections

Size is part of it and some guys even at the same size are more injury prone.
Part of it is genetics and part of it is composition and part of it is how they take/avoid hits.

I haven't followed Tua as closely as some here. But the times i watched him in college he seemed to be hobbling/limping every other play after a sack or some form of contact.
Yet you watch guys like Russel take sack after sack and they seem to walk away without a hitch.

Then there are guys like Murray that seem to never take a shot.
The list goes on and on for guys of comparative sizes.
size is one thing, but people mistake one or two inches as the same as size. I'm just say 6' 220/225 is not any more vulnerable than 6'2 220/225. This isn't to say Tua is or isn't injury prone, but to me the notion of he would be less of a risk if he were two inches taller seems silly.

The 49ers have been on a tear and we destroyed them. So the question is how much is due to the injury they suffered and how much is due to we're a decent football team?

A lot of that win against the Niners is due to their injuries. First of all, Fitz exploited the backup CB, Brian Allen to get the huge lead. Second, Jimmy G was off coming back from injury.

Crazy that Chad Henne and Matt Moore were both on a championship team last year
I’d say it was more of a participation trophy for those two, but good for them :)

Back
Top Bottom