Bye week thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye week thoughts

finfan41

Rookie
Club Member
Reaction score
With the fins on their bye, what areas do you think we need to draft next year, i am thinking a ot(supposed to be a it heavy draft) and in the 2nd give me a big nasty Dt that can stuff the run

OT for sure.

They need to find a long term LT and they might have to replace Austin Jackson at RT as well if they don't re-sign him.

DT is high on the list especially if they don't pay Wilkins.

Next for me would be CB as X is getting less reliable and we don't know if Cam Smith can play.

OT for sure... if we take any other position in the 1st, it's a rather big miss. Even if we resign Jackson, Armstead is NOT a long term answer.

DT is a popular pick, but if we resign Wilkins, the 'need' is more of a want. You can obtain decent DTs more easily than some positions.

A Center is a possibility in the 2nd if Williams is not kept, but going forward with a rookie at the pivot is worrisome. Still... if Williams is gone and the team falls in love with a guy... maybe.

Obviously we could use a TE who is more of a pass catching threat, but there aren't many targets available in this offense, so I think we'll give Hill a year before we reach.

A Safety might be in play. Elliot has been good, but isn't signed long term, and Holland is likely to want a top 5 type of contract. I'd bet on a Safety before I would a corner.

And lastly... Baker is overpaid. Unless the team truly believes in Tindall (and maybe even then), I think we have to look for an Inside Linebacker... and not a strong side type. We need a coverage and blitzing LB who makes less than 10m/year.

OT first on the list. After that I would put center then DL.
I really like the center on Georgia, Van Pran.

Although, he sounds like the perfect 49er. Van Pran on San Fran has a nice ring it.

Seriously, I'd prioritize signing Wilkins, Hunt and Jackson over Williams. So, I think center could be a need.

I still think LT is the number one need.

OT for sure... if we take any other position in the 1st, it's a rather big miss. Even if we resign Jackson, Armstead is NOT a long term answer.

DT is a popular pick, but if we resign Wilkins, the 'need' is more of a want. You can obtain decent DTs more easily than some positions.

A Center is a possibility in the 2nd if Williams is not kept, but going forward with a rookie at the pivot is worrisome. Still... if Williams is gone and the team falls in love with a guy... maybe.

Obviously we could use a TE who is more of a pass catching threat, but there aren't many targets available in this offense, so I think we'll give Hill a year before we reach.

A Safety might be in play. Elliot has been good, but isn't signed long term, and Holland is likely to want a top 5 type of contract. I'd bet on a Safety before I would a corner.

And lastly... Baker is overpaid. Unless the team truly believes in Tindall (and maybe even then), I think we have to look for an Inside Linebacker... and not a strong side type. We need a coverage and blitzing LB who makes less than 10m/year.
Agree with all this.

But what if, say, Trotter falls into Miami's lap?

To me, Miami should concentrate on building the offensive line but they might end up in a BPA position.

Agree with all this.

But what if, say, Trotter falls into Miami's lap?

To me, Miami should concentrate on building the offensive line but they might end up in a BPA position.
How do you mean Trotter "falls"?

He is not a 1st Round prospect.

There is not a LB in this Draft who is a 1st Rounder.

I don't think I would go LB in R2 either but that could be a value spot for Miami in late R2.

How do you mean Trotter "falls"?

He is not a 1st Round prospect.

There is not a LB in this Draft who is a 1st Rounder.

I don't think I would go LB in R2 either but that could be a value spot for Miami in late R2.
I've seen him projected close to top 20ish.

Where do you see him going?

I've seen him projected close to top 20ish.

Where do you see him going?
Right now he looks like a 3rd rounder to me.

I have not scoured all the various big boards but I can't see him going in R1. He is an old school run stuffer who is weak in coverage.You can't take aguy who comes off the field on passing downs that high.

Might have been a 1st rounder 20 years ago.His teammate Barrett Carter is better in space and will surely test much better than Trotter.

Right now he looks like a 3rd rounder to me.

I have not scoured all the various big boards but I can't see him going in R1. He is an old school run stuffer who is weak in coverage.You can't take aguy who comes off the field on passing downs that high.

Might have been a 1st rounder 20 years ago.His teammate Barrett Carter is better in space and will surely test much better than Trotter.
According to PFT the Bills can get out of all his 2024 guarantees should be be suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy.

Not sure they would do that and still expect him to play for them so one would assume they would release him in that scenario.

A move like that might make it harder to attract free agents as well.

Back
Top Bottom