Byron Jones is the perfect remedy! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Jones is the perfect remedy!

I would say the biggest take from this would be LEADERSHIP.Great play and leadership is now what I am expecting from Mr.Jones
Heck he could maybe even help X get his **** together. Maybe this is one of the reasons why we went after him!?

Byron and X on paper make a hell of a combo, but Howard is the key. Play the majority of the games X, and then we'll see how great they are together.

I remember the days of Madison and Surtain, they were fun, but X seems injury prone and has a huge contract. We could use that cap space to get a proven Probowl LT for a few years. Keeping X is ok too. Im just pumped for the season and hoping it starts on time.

I remember the days of Madison and Surtain, they were fun, but X seems injury prone and has a huge contract. We could use that cap space to get a proven Probowl LT for a few years. Keeping X is ok too. Im just pumped for the season and hoping it starts on time.
Where are you getting this proven Probowl LT?

Serious question.........

I like tbe player I’m just kinda shocked Miami reset the market on another corner.

Trent WAS very good... but over the last 5 years he has been injured every single year. He's missed games every single year... then he had a cancerous tumor and missed an entire year... then he had it out with his previous team and demanded to be cut... then he asked for 20 Million per year... then... well, you get the point.

If we were trading for 25 year old Trent Williams, then maybe.

Referring to Trent Williams who went to 7 straight probowls. Trade X and #5 (maybe add another day 2 or 3 pick) for him and #2
Offer Washington our 3rd rounder, with the best being our late 2nd...

Play him for 3 seasons, this and our rookie's first two years, let him go for a comp pick. X would be a totally different deal with whomever.

Referring to Trent Williams who went to 7 straight probowls. Trade X and #5 (maybe add another day 2 or 3 pick) for him and #2
I think prefer to cut some salary- say wilson and Hurns- trade Wash a 2021 Rd2 for Trent.

I have to imagine those that are for trading X never had the privilege to see the dominance of Surtain and Madison.

They were able to do a lot more in those days. I do wonder what Surtain would have been on today's NFL.

As long as Jones doesn't mail it in I see no reason why he shouldn't succeed in Miami. Hes going to be asked to do the same thing he did in Dallas and he was pretty good at it there. But no corner is any good without any pass rush and Flores is going to have to figure out a way to put pressure on the quarterback. That and a free safety with the range to limit some of those mistakes would make this a defense to be reckoned with. Not sure hes going to find both this season....

If the player stays healthy and motivated the corner spot is one of the few where you can count on them replicating past success in a new environment.

They were able to do a lot more in those days. I do wonder what Surtain would have been on today's NFL.

As long as Jones doesn't mail it in I see no reason why he shouldn't succeed in Miami. Hes going to be asked to do the same thing he did in Dallas and he was pretty good at it there. But no corner is any good without any pass rush and Flores is going to have to figure out a way to put pressure on the quarterback. That and a free safety with the range to limit some of those mistakes would make this a defense to be reckoned with. Not sure hes going to find both this season....

If the player stays healthy and motivated the corner spot is one of the few where you can count on them replicating past success in a new environment.
Do you feel Surtain would be better or worse?
I do agree the game has changed significantly. However, the game was what it was. Just like I won't say Mario would have 100K yards, I won't say Surtain would not have been as good. I mean Lott was the most devastating defensive back. Although his game translates 0% today.

Back
Top Bottom