Byron Jones on GMFB: "Expect big jump from Tua" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Jones on GMFB: "Expect big jump from Tua"

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
Byron Jones was on GMFB this morning.

"It's exciting. This team is comprised of a bunch of young guys," Jones said of Tagovailoa. "Obviously, he's going into his second year. What we saw last year was great from him but we expect a big jump. The kid's been working, I know he's been working. He's been a great kid. Really good head on his shoulders. And that's the beauty of it. We're surrounded by a bunch of good guys who want to be great again. So I'm looking forward to seeing his jump. His contributions to the team have been great so far, but we're looking for even something better this year. It's exciting. I can't wait to see him work his magic."

"Chris Grier and Brian Flores are putting a team together the right way."

To be fair, the defense really took off when Jones came back from his injury.

I do think he could play better, though. I don't think he finished strong.
Last year teams started to zero in on flores scheme. Buffalo and Vegas had us figured out and took advantage of the man coverage. Man only works today if the defense can get to the qb. At the end of last year teams figured out how to slow down the blitz and we got torched several times by leaving our dbs out on islands. Flores needs to adjust because teams will figure it out

Last year teams started to zero in on flores scheme. Buffalo and Vegas had us figured out and took advantage of the man coverage. Man only works today if the defense can get to the qb. At the end of last year teams figured out how to slow down the blitz and we got torched several times by leaving our dbs out on islands. Flores needs to adjust because teams will figure it out
or be able to consistently rush the passer without having to blitz.

To be fair, the defense really took off when Jones came back from his injury.

I do think he could play better, though. I don't think he finished strong.
he is a good player.

he'll be fine.

i think he'll even pick some more passes and surprise everyone!

i think Ricky Williams had one +26 yard run before he was traded to us, then he busted a couple long ones and they started coming to him.

and yes, we were beyond dreadful when he was out.

Gonna leave this warning here right now. Support Tua or not there are already a few instigating posts already from both pro and anti Tua people. Just a fair warning to think about what you post. Because we are not gonna have this thread become a bash thread

Agree. Part of the issue I see is there really isn't an elite/great pass rusher available in the draft. That's really what Miami needs.

In fact, I'll stand by Parsons as potentially the best pass rusher in this draft. I believe, if used correctly, Parsons could be a 10-sack a year guy.

Did you see the last game? No one finished strong. Lol
In a way, that could be a positive. Flores and Grier aren't going into 2021 with a false appreciation of the gains on defense. There's still a ways to go and, in particular, Miami has to figure out Buffalo if the Dolphins are to overtake them. That has to be the goal. The team is close.

Byron Jones was on GMFB this morning.

"It's exciting. This team is comprised of a bunch of young guys," Jones said of Tagovailoa. "Obviously, he's going into his second year. What we saw last year was great from him but we expect a big jump. The kid's been working, I know he's been working. He's been a great kid. Really good head on his shoulders. And that's the beauty of it. We're surrounded by a bunch of good guys who want to be great again. So I'm looking forward to seeing his jump. His contributions to the team have been great so far, but we're looking for even something better this year. It's exciting. I can't wait to see him work his magic."

"Chris Grier and Brian Flores are putting a team together the right way."
But I thought that all the players on the Dolphins were down on Tua and were upset he replaced Fitzpatrick last year. There were also some posters who inferred that the Dolphin players were recruiting Watson to request a trade to Miami simply because there was a picture of Watson hanging out with some Dolphin players recently.

Maybe Watson was just trying to find out the best massage parlors in South Florida instead of actually wanting to play in Miami. The anti-Tua posters are going to hate that Jones has actually come out supporting Tua.

Tua is keys to dolphins..
it up to Tua???to keep his starting job in nfl. other qb are watching and want second chance as well.
if Tua is good they love him in miami.
if Tua is avg it going be 50/50 love fan base. some will like him some will not..
if Tua is below avg it going get ugly from fan. replacement level
that every players in nfl..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom