C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement?

He really didn't shine. That line depends on Jones. He makes them lethal when he is healthy.

Ogbah, through production and versatility, along with entering his prime......
Well he was leading there team in sacks before he tore his pec, I live in Southern Illinois we have a ton of K.C. fans around my parts. Everyone that I've talked to was quite disappointed with his departure for what it's worth.

Well he was leading there team in sacks before he tore his pec, I live in Southern Illinois we have a ton of K.C. fans around my parts. Everyone that I've talked to was quite disappointed with his departure for what it's worth.

Frank Clark had a way of easing those concerns. My buddies up in KC didn't want to lose Ogbah, but adding a talent like Clark complimented what that front has become when healthy, which is dominating.

Chris Jones makes everyone look better on that front 7. Making it no surprise that when KC got him back last year, that defense went from porous to quite formidable.

Can't disagree with you on that, however Ogbah very well could have been putting on pro bowl numbers with a full season, so I think it could be argued that he definitely could have been a difference maker on that team. I'm personally glad he got hurt because I don't think we would have got him if he didn't.

An average post-FA starting center makes 8 million per year. That may drop a tiny amount because of the covid caused reduction of everyone's cap, but resigning Karras should cost about 30-40 million over 4 years.

Is he worth this much? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure that I have an opinion on this. I do know that Humphrey would cost what Jackson cost us... 4 years/14 million and a high draft pick.

The economics of the NFL works like this. The salary cap works like this. WHEN players get paid is based as much on a player's tenure as it is his skill level.

Resigning Karras (or not) is as much of a salary cap issue as anything else. Do the coaches think he is good enough to justify his impact on our cap going forward?

I'm not sure they have an opinion yet either.

Not disputing - just don’t recall him / don’t watch many KC games but when I did it was the big time pass rusher that jumped offsides in the title game vs NE 2 years back that got all of the press and then last year it was someone else - Clark?

Back
Top Bottom