C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement?

I might be in the minority but I would love to see the line continue with Karras for another year. I assume he is the one that makes the first line calls and manages a lot of the communication and with such a young line having a bit of consistency might be nice. I am ok with drafting a center in the 2nd or 3rd and grooming him to replace but Ted has done a good job for us this year.
I have a feeling they may be looking at the possibility of Dieter playing center. Maybe not grooming, but giving him an opportunity.

Hopefully the reduced cap causes Ted to take another low one year deal.
Maybe... but I expect him to make the best deal that he can... unless he REALLY likes Flores, but even then, our offer would have to be decent.

Hopefully the reduced cap causes Ted to take another low one year deal.

he should probably look for a 3 year id say. Although I don’t think he’s gonna have a big market. But when guys hit the market they do get paid.

is he worth $8 mil per though I doubt it. Maybe $6 mil per over 2 to 3 if Miami wants to keep him. One year probably be a fall back if the market isn’t there

I wouldn’t pay him no $10 mil per stuff

he should probably look for a 3 year id say. Although I don’t think he’s gonna have a big market. But when guys hit the market they do get paid.

is he worth $8 mil per though I doubt it. Maybe $6 mil per over 2 to 3 if Miami wants to keep him. One year probably be a fall back if the market isn’t there

I wouldn’t pay him no $10 mil per stuff
What was the reasoning for taking the one year deal this year? He played a full season in NE.

What was the reasoning for taking the one year deal this year? He played a full season in NE.

id guess not much market and prove it deal. I know the pats wanted him back but he went with us I tbink there was a little more money on the table they just wouldn’t commit to him as starter with andrews coming back.

Yeah, I think it was a prove-it deal. He wanted to show the league that he was a real starter, and not just an injury replacement.

...and fortunately for him, he's done this. Now he expects to get a raise. How much is what we have to decide. We've got some cap space... but do we want to spend it on a good, but not great Center?

I'm betting no, but I can't say that this is my preference.

id guess not much market and prove it deal. I know the pats wanted him back but he went with us I tbink there was a little more money on the table they just wouldn’t commit to him as starter with andrews coming back.
seems like a pretty big jump for a guy that couldn't find a market last year when the cap was a good bit higher. if he does get that pay day with those circumstances, then that was a heck of a signing this year.

seems like a pretty big jump for a guy that couldn't find a market last year when the cap was a good bit higher. if he does get that pay day with those circumstances, then that was a heck of a signing this year.

solid signing sure at $4 mil. No argument there. Fully guaranteed too so that may have swayed him. That kinda told me that he was the lock starter on the pivot going into the year

Didn't he turn down a multi year offer cause he believed a one year deal would lead to more. I remember the 'he bet on himself talk'.

Karras has played well for us and you can see why he was voted team captain. just the way to talks and the way he plays and he owned his mistake but moved on and won the game. I really hope he's back next year.

I could see us starting a rookie OC in 2021.

It’s inevitable. This team needs to upgrade in the off season, not give out nostalgic extensions based on a potential playoff run. It’s ok to “break up the band”.

Guys have to lose jobs in order to bring a super bowl to Miami. Jessie Davis.....same thing.

I want better players. The front office will agree.

I see the team continuously upgrading in terms of either position capability or reducing the cost of those positions for equal or better performance.

That being said, when building a teams offense you always start with the center, not the QB, even though the thinking on this board is QB 1st.

I saw this back in the 1970's when the Bengals got Forrest Gregg as HC and they rebuilt the entire team. They started with the offensive line with the center and then got some other OL players like Munoz and Montoya. The QB they had turned out to be good enough to get into 2 Superbowls after that.

As a matter of fact, many fans thought the QB, Ken Anderson, was done and wanted a new one. The new coach had the best answer I ever heard - "no one can throw lying on their back".

I guess that tells you how much he valued the offensive line.

I loved the “I spend a lot of time on moisture control” quote. Not sure I’ve ever heard that phrase in my life.

Mistakes will happen, just glad it didn’t cost us. All love for Ted, he hasn’t been an all pro or anything but he’s been a very consistent and stabilizing force. I think his impact on the lines success as a whole shouldn’t be underestimated.

When I heard moisture control, I thought he might be talking about "adult underwear". Of course I'm an old man and that would be the first thing that came to mind - LOL

I hear what you are saying but getting another player doesn't always mean they are going to be better than what we have now. Also where does center fit in the list of priorities for the draft? WR, LB, DE, WR, RB, and possibly another TE. I know it depends what we can do in FA as well.

A good center is a 1st round pick for me.

Some of the good ones play for 10 to 15 years. Dollars well spent.

A good center is a 1st round pick for me.

Some of the good ones play for 10 to 15 years. Dollars well spent.
Didn't we take Pouncey the highest a center was ever drafted (or close)?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom