C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement?

I'm more curious what's the deal with our running game not being consistently successful? I'm sure it's a combination of OL and RB. I'm pretty sure we're going to invest in a top feature back in the offseason. The OL gets a little tricker.

Is the running game problems with the OL a lack of talent or is it more technique type stuff?

i think you keep karras (and keep extending him) as long as he is playing well, until we find someone better to replace him.

I'm more curious what's the deal with our running game not being consistently successful? I'm sure it's a combination of OL and RB. I'm pretty sure we're going to invest in a top feature back in the offseason. The OL gets a little tricker.

Is the running game problems with the OL a lack of talent or is it more technique type stuff?
I think it's mostly the OL, and I think they're getting better. Against the LAC, we had some big holes.

Other then those two goofs this past Sunday, Karras has done a good job, no need to bring someone else in...Extend his contract, use the early picks on more important positions, like receiver, superstar well rounded LB, pass-rusher, RB....

Depends on what the evaluation says in the offseason.

Is the interior oline grading out or are they leaving yards on the field?

No way you extend oline, with such a mixed bag of results to date, because you are comfortable or ok with what ya got. Should always look for better.

As long as Karras improves his moisture management, I would prefer using high draft picks elsewhere.

Get Tua some weapons this draft.

Carrots is still relatively young, good player / keep and draft someone later rounds to develop. Carrots 🥕 can play.

Depends on what the evaluation says in the offseason.

Is the interior oline grading out or are they leaving yards on the field?

No way you extend oline, with such a mixed bag of results to date, because you are comfortable or ok with what ya got. Should always look for better.
Fair but so many young guys that are developing. I don’t think we’ll draft o linemen high this year.

Outside of the obvious Creed Humphrey, what other Centers look like decent mid round picks? The one from Ohio State perhaps? If Parsons is gone before we pick 1a, I’d be open to trade down a bit, and grab Humphrey with our 1a.

1a C Humphrey (trade down is round for an xtra 2nd):
1b WR Smith
2a DE Jones
2b RB Najee
2c LB Bolton
3a DT Shelvin
4a S Grant
6/7 OL

I think he CAN be upgraded on, but I’m not sure we need to. I’d much rather spend this off-season adding more weapons for Tua

I think it's mostly the OL, and I think they're getting better. Against the LAC, we had some big holes.

I would generally agree with you. NE is one of the best teams i've ever seen at running the ball and i doubt it's because their OL guys have better strenght and agility than 99% of the team in the NFL. What i see from them consistently is insane technique in how they block and the angles the take. The way trap, seal, turn, twist etc opposint DL guys in unreal choreography.

Point being i agreen it's more OL technique and crazy coaching that understands that stuff.

I think he CAN be upgraded on, but I’m not sure we need to. I’d much rather spend this off-season adding more weapons for Tua
I hear you brother, but center is a weapon for Tua as it gives him protection, and be able to make the proper calls for the offensive line. I can see both ways as I like Karras, but a new center can grow with the team with Tua. Perhaps Karras signs another year, and they draft the eventual replacement.

Back
Top Bottom