C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement?

I'm more curious what's the deal with our running game not being consistently successful? I'm sure it's a combination of OL and RB. I'm pretty sure we're going to invest in a top feature back in the offseason. The OL gets a little tricker.

Is the running game problems with the OL a lack of talent or is it more technique type stuff?
That would be my strategy as well. Now, if Humphrey ends up in R2, which I've seen in a lot of mocks recently, I might draft him. Karras has been solid. That's a really hard position to replace with a rookie too. So much more than talent goes into it. Ideally, you sign Karras on a short-term deal and groom someone behind him.

I think I'd rather extend Karras and draft an IOL in the mid rounds like Landon Dickerson for depth and development.

Alluded to this in another thread. Right now, my biggest desires are ILB, Edge, WR. Behind that, RB, TE. Using my list, here we go. If Miami signs a FA starting ILB and that's it, I live with Karras. He's not bad, but can be upgraded. Low priority. If, OTOH, Miami signs starting FA ILB, WR, TE (I doubt they will) . . . OC will move up the priority list.
Depending on how the remaining games play out, I won't be surprised if Karras, Flowers, Davis, Hunt, Jackson, Kindley are all back next year

Outside of the obvious Creed Humphrey, what other Centers look like decent mid round picks? The one from Ohio State perhaps? If Parsons is gone before we pick 1a, I’d be open to trade down a bit, and grab Humphrey with our 1a.

1a C Humphrey (trade down is round for an xtra 2nd):
1b WR Smith
2a DE Jones
2b RB Najee
2c LB Bolton
3a DT Shelvin
4a S Grant
6/7 OL
Yeah, Meyers from Ohio St would be good. Jackson from Kentucky or Hill from Georgia too. Linderbaum from Iowa could be an intriguing project.

Last edited:
That would be my strategy as well. Now, if Humphrey ends up in R2, which I've seen in a lot of mocks recently, I might draft him. Karras has been solid. That's a really hard position to replace with a rookie too. So much more than talent goes into it. Ideally, you sign Karras on a short-term deal and groom someone behind him.

So riddle me this. How is it that the same Karras, if i'm not mistaken, played for NE 2016-2020 and where still one of the top running NFL teams? How? What's the big difference? IMO, the other OL guys and more to the point the coaching. My understanding is the OL coach up in NE and specifically Scarnecchia is one of the best...EVER!

You can have as much talent as you want as that position. But if you don't have the right coaching staff to maximize that talent..then...

So riddle me this. How is it that the same Karras, if i'm not mistaken, played for NE 2016-2020 and where still one of the top running NFL teams? How? What's the big difference? IMO, the other OL guys and more to the point the coaching. My understanding is the OL coach up in NE and specifically Scarnecchia is one of the best...EVER!

You can have as much talent as you want as that position. But if you don't have the right coaching staff to maximize that talent..then...
Karras was a backup. Only started due to injury last season. I do believe...

New-2.jpg

Did Karras start for one-year in NE? Anyway, yes the Patriots offensive line coach is considered one of the best.

The better offensive lines also seem to be the ones that are able to stick together for awhile and form the cohesiveness that is needed for the position. I still think Miami is one top-notch lineman away, or maybe Hunt develops. But, I want to see the Dolphins become a team that can dictate (own) the short-yardage downs. That's been a weakness.

Yeah, Meyers from Ohio St would be good. Jackson from Kentucky or Hill from Georgia too. Linderbaum from Iowa could be an intriguing project.
Lindstrom from Boston College.

His brother went in the first in '19. His father played in the NFL. The genetics say, 'yes'.

I hadn't considered the idea that Humphrey could go that low. If those Houston picks somehow get us Parsons and Humphrey, I'm going to very hungover on the 3rd day of the draft.

I want no part of drafting a center in round one or two. If Miami can find some competition in the 4th round for Ted then I’m all about that.

Fair but so many young guys that are developing. I don’t think we’ll draft o linemen high this year.

We are specifically talking about Center with a LG who isn't a rookie himself either.

I understand the youth part of it, but let's see in January where the interior 3 stand. No need to rush these things based off of 9 games and a meaty part of the schedule to come.

Just do not see the emergency right now, now if we want to talk about Ogbah, he gives me another 2 sacks the next few weeks....I extend him. Period.

I want no part of drafting a center in round one or two. If Miami can find some competition in the 4th round for Ted then I’m all about that.

This thinking is what got us here. No way no how do you take blue chip lineman off your board and think dumpster diving or the bargain bin is the long term key to success.

This thinking was prevalent during the Sporano, Philbin and Gase era. And what a trail of tears it left in its wake.

He will get that and I think he will get more. He has established himself as an ESSENTIAL PART of the success of the 2020 Miami Dolphins. But I wouldnt extend him this year because we have him for a 2nd year on contract. The reason why I wouldnt extend him this year is because of his past injury history and i would like to see him put another strong year together before I shell out THE MEGABUCKS to him. Thats just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom