C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C Ted Karras speaking on the snap issues/Should we resign or draft a replacement?

I played center for a decade and I can say that some days that sht just happens. It sucks, you know it's happening, and you're working hard to stop it from happening.

With that said, if it happens again this season at all that's too much.

...let's not forget the Deiter quietly incubating in the Dolphin's OL developmental tank!

Beyond that -- which is a factor worth some degree of consideration at least as a possibility

resigning Karras 100% depends on "value" IMO. He's been "solid" and a very good team guy.

But... big $$$ from us I seriously doubt. As far as the draft @C -- again the internal evaluation

of the Deiter comes into play. Frankly we have zero clue on that -- so it's an unknown...

That said, no reason they won't look at a kid in the draft -- especially if they've already

passed on Karras. But as others have said, I don't see his situation as an urgency.

Maybe they offer him a team-friendly value proposition quietly behind the scenes?

I think I would resign him for as little as he's willing to negotiate and if he gets a better offer then let him walk. 50/50. No deterministic approach, no resolutions, just deal w things case by case as they come in at hand. Compromising to compromise, lol. Non commital.

He's still just 27 and has played well but those two pro's on the column also equal his biggest con, he might be expecting to get paid big.

...let's not forget the Deiter quietly incubating in the Dolphin's OL developmental tank!

Beyond that -- which is a factor worth some degree of consideration at least as a possibility

resigning Karras 100% depends on "value" IMO. He's been "solid" and a very good team guy.

But... big $$$ from us I seriously doubt. As far as the draft @C -- again the internal evaluation

of the Deiter comes into play. Frankly we have zero clue on that -- so it's an unknown...

That said, no reason they won't look at a kid in the draft -- especially if they've already

passed on Karras. But as others have said, I don't see his situation as an urgency.

Maybe they offer him a team-friendly value proposition quietly behind the scenes?
Well the situation needs to be addressed with Karras one way or another as he only signed a one year deal brother.

There's oodles of time!

Have you heard of String Theory?

Lot's of loops! No rush!

:lol:
No rush brother BNF, but we will see where the cap ends up. I would think when the time gets closer the team will do what it needs to. I was just stating this is one of the personnel moves that will need to be taken care of. Have great day! :ffic:

This thinking is what got us here. No way no how do you take blue chip lineman off your board and think dumpster diving or the bargain bin is the long term key to success.

This thinking was prevalent during the Sporano, Philbin and Gase era. And what a trail of tears it left in its wake.

complete BS. Just because the previous administration couldn’t identify talent doesn’t mean this one can’t. With top picks you take premium positions. Center is not a premium position. Never has been and never will be. GTFOH

I love Karras but we need to draft Creed Humphrey, full stop. This is not negotiable.

on that sack fumble against the Rams. I don't know why he left Flowers alone to block Donald.

not hard to diagnose what had to be done there, unless he was afraid of Donald

Devante Parker suddenly can't get separation...he might be replaced.

Karras muffs two snaps...we're willing to spend a 1st rounder to replace him.

I would love to see the aftermath of this "wave" when/if Tua has a bad game.

What then?

giphy.gif

complete BS. Just because the previous administration couldn’t identify talent doesn’t mean this one can’t. With top picks you take premium positions. Center is not a premium position. Never has been and never will be. GTFOH

You folks never cease to amaze.

Give me a Zach Martin or Cody Whitehair type player in 1B and I do it with a smile. Dumpster diving and bargain bin shopping has its limits. Sadly folks like you have never learned that lesson.

Shoot give me a Maurkice Pouncey and his years of service in PITTS just to shut this argument down. 18th overall pick, anchor and high level player.

Last edited:
You folks never cease to amaze.

Give me a Zach Martin or Cody Whitehair type player in 1B and I do it with a smile. Dumpster diving and bargain bin shopping has its limits. Sadly folks like you have never learned that lesson.

Enjoy.

And you’d be a career loser. I’ll type slow so you understand what premium positions are.

1) QB
2) OT
3) DE
4) CB
5) WR

And you’d be a career loser. I’ll type slow so you understand what premium positions are.

1) QB
2) OT
3) DE
4) CB
5) WR

PITTS and Pouncey call BS.

Inside out matters in December and January.

PITTS and Pouncey call BS.

Inside out matters in December and January.

8 centers taken in the first round in the last 20 years. LMFAO

The highest being Mike Pouncey taken by guess who ? Also making your argument BS

Back
Top Bottom