Cadillac Williams and Cedric Benson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cadillac Williams and Cedric Benson

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First lemme say that I just found another highlight reel of Cedric Benson and it is MUCH better than the one from the Texas site, showcases not only his power running style, but there are also a lot of finesse runs in there and some great footage of his recieving abilities, but you can only watch it by downloading it. How do I host it online so other people here ca DL it?

Second, I have now decided that my new RB rankings are Cedric Benson, CADILLAC WILLIAMS, then Ronnie Brown. Let me clarify that this is a "personal preference" ranking, before everyone goes nuts because I rated Williams before Brown. I have watched a bunch of highlights for all three RBs this week, as well as read a bunch of new scouting reports and articles on the three. While Benson is still my #1 (as he has been since day 1 and will continue to be), I think Caddy moved past Ronnie. I can't really put my finger on it, but he did. I think it might be his running style. I like how he is a flashy runner. Maybe its a subconcious thing where he reminds me of myself as a runner (no, I'm not saying I am as good as or beter than Caddy at RB before everyone jumps the gun on that). What I mean is, I am only 5'7", 130. When I played in high school my playing weight was like 150ish, hardly big enough to be a Benson/Brown-style runner, so I relied on the "flashy" style of juking and being "slippery" and making people miss as opposed to running through them. Watching Caddy run just kinda makes me feel something, I can't describe it, it's like a "wow" factor, I'm always kinda on the edge of my seat waiting for the next amazing thing to come from him, with that anxious feeling of knowing something is gonna happen but just not knowing when. Benson and Brown are amazing players to watch, and with respect to them they have their fair share of big plays that "wow" me too, but its different with them. They kinda bowl over a guy or make guys bounce off them and take it the distance, whereas Caddy never gives the guy a CHANCE to bounce off him, he is a very creative runer, and I like that. I can honestly say that if I wasn't as diehard a Texans fan as I am Dolphins fan, and thus 110% for Benson, Caddy might be my favorite back in the draft. Benson has been my favorite back, and PLAYER, since his first game at Texas, but I think If I had a neutral POV and liked a team that WASN'T Texas or even Auburn, I would prolly like Caddy the best. That's not saying I think he is the #1 RATED RB of the three, I still rate Benson over him by far, and this is in terms of skill now, not personal preference. When it comes to Brown though, I have him rated over Caddy, but I think the main reason for that is the fact that Caddy had the broken collarbone and leg in college (so a durability issue) and the fact that, given Auburn's run first offense and the fact that when they DID pass to a back, it was usualy Brown who got the looks, Caddy's hands aren't really proven. That's not to see he has BAD hands, he just didn't get many chances to showcase them either way.

I also believe Benson is the best back in the draft. His numbers don't lie. I honestly believe that if he hadn't went to Texas and would have had the same numbers somewhere else, these people who are so big on Ronnie Brown would be all over Cedric Benson to be in a Dolphin Uniform.

Well, as you all know, I'm against a RB in the first round. But if we take one, any of the big 3 will make me happy, and I'll buy their jersey. Just as long as they don't get CAUGHT smoking pot (Who cares if they do) and go off to india with lenny kravitz lol.

Tommatt said:
Well, as you all know, I'm against a RB in the first round. But if we take one, any of the big 3 will make me happy, and I'll buy their jersey. Just as long as they don't get CAUGHT smoking pot (Who cares if they do) and go off to india with lenny kravitz lol.

HAHA, personally I don't care if they do either (smoke pot, not run off to india with a rockstar), as long as it isn't so much that it effects their game. EVENTUALLY that is gonna interfere with your thinking (if you smoke as much as ricky does now) and that has GOT to have SOME effect on your remembering a complex NFL playbook, lol. Anyway, this Benson video is SWEET, how do I host it somewhere so you guys can see it (if you haven't already)? I bet this highlight reel would sell a lot more people on Benson

I'm in the same boat with you I like to see little guys run because i'm little ( '5"10, 170 ) but Benson has always been tops on my board or RB's. But I doubt that he would fit well in the pass first offense and pass heavy offense. My vote is still with Caddy because he is a great runner and can also turn it on, with limited carries(I know Brown has more 30 yard runs than Caddy). He can also catch well too.

I cant make up my mind on the RBs... atm, its Benson, Cadillac, Brown for me, but that may change in the next few hours :lol:

IMO Benson is the best of the 3 he's a willing blocker a good receiver and most importantly can run the ball, he can run through defenders or round them whether the defense is stacked to stop him or not, production doesn't lie. Not that i wouldn't be happy with brown or caddy as i don't think there's much between them i just think bensons all round skills give him the edge

I downloaded a six minute highlight reel of Benson (with western music in the background :) ), and it shows a variety of power and speed (actually much more speed than power). The guys plenty fast, and plenty talented.

Would love to see any videos film of the guy.

Agent51 have you got a link?

I'd like to see the Benson highlight reel you found.

Dolfan2788 said:
I'm in the same boat with you I like to see little guys run because i'm little ( '5"10, 170 ) but Benson has always been tops on my board or RB's. But I doubt that he would fit well in the pass first offense and pass heavy offense. My vote is still with Caddy because he is a great runner and can also turn it on, with limited carries(I know Brown has more 30 yard runs than Caddy). He can also catch well too.

Yeah man, Benson always has been (and always will be) at the top of my boards, and will be my favorite running back when he enters the NFL, no matter what uniform he wears, but man, something about Caddy got to me these past few days watching his footage, and I now like him better than Brown. I just wish he didn't have those two broken bone injuries or else I would prolly rate him higher than Brown too.

BTW, I figured out how to host the Benson highlight reel:
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WN6MXEL2QMGE360RAT1DP2J8I
You gotta DL it (it's like 6 minutes long so it might take awhile for dial up users) but it is DEFINATELY worth it. Some of you may have see it already, I know i got the link to the orignal DL from a message board, but I can't remember if it was this one, the ESPN Miami board, or the Texas Longhorns board.

*Edit* it's the 6 minute one with the western music that Suferosa mentioned. The music reminds me of like old blooper reels, lol

I'm pretty sure i've dled it (dial up) which took ages but I can't view it for some reason on WMP

Dolfan2788 said:
I'm pretty sure i've dled it (dial up) which took ages but I can't view it for some reason on WMP

It's DivX encoded so you prolly need the codec. It's also like 51MB so I don't doubt it took forever on dial up, haha

Second, I have now decided that my new RB rankings are Cedric Benson, CADILLAC WILLIAMS, then Ronnie Brown.

Mine is probably Benson, Brown and Williams. Brown only ahead of Williams because his fit in our offense. That being said, I'd be excited with whoever Saban wants to draft.

Going to watch the highlight reel in a few minutes.

Surferosa said:
I downloaded a six minute highlight reel of Benson (with western music in the background :) ), and it shows a variety of power and speed (actually much more speed than power). The guys plenty fast, and plenty talented.

Would love to see any videos film of the guy.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/videoclips/2004_05/111104_benson.html

there is different highlight vid for you to check out, complete with annoying music, I like the freakin' COUNTRY music in the downloadable reel better than the music in this one

Back
Top Bottom