Call Me Crazy - But I Like 2019 Qb Class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Call Me Crazy - But I Like 2019 Qb Class

Well, not only do I think the stats Minshew is putting up can be ignored, they have to be ignored if you're evaluating him as an NFL quarterback.

Luke Falk, Connor Halliday, and every other quarterback that plays in that system going back to Leach's Texas Tech days put up those numbers. He could put you in there Geordie and you'd put up those kind of numbers. It's the system. Not the quarterback. It's not even that hard to understand.

I guarantee you Minshew is not going to be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. I understand your concern with Miami's quarterback situation, but most of these guys aren't even as good of a prospect coming out as Fales or Osweiler were. Especially among the Senior crop. You may not want to believe it but I'm just trying to help you.

I'll bet high that there's less than 3 quarterbacks in this entire Senior crop capable of beating out David Fales for a roster spot. He'd beat out 90% of em.

I know dude, the probabilities lie in what you say as the truth. And you are right I don't want to hear it :) I'm still gonna watch these guys light it up and hope we draft them, then get pissed when we don't only for them to be out of the league with a couple of years !

The best hope then is if we tank 2019 and hope for the #1 pick in 2020, I think that is very very small odds on that happening and kind of depressing. So on it goes.

I know dude, the probabilities lie in what you say as the truth. And you are right I don't want to hear it :) I'm still gonna watch these guys light it up and hope we draft them, then get pissed when we don't only for them to be out of the league with a couple of years !

The best hope then is if we tank 2019 and hope for the #1 pick in 2020, I think that is very very small odds on that happening and kind of depressing. So on it goes.

If I'm drafting a guy off that Washington St. offense - it would be the left tackle Andre Dillard. That is one good looking LT prospect.

If I'm drafting a guy off that Washington St. offense - it would be the left tackle Andre Dillard. That is one good looking LT prospect.

That line has been mighty impressive every time I've seen Minshew play, as I said in a previous post, they keep the kid very clean and he sometimes appears to have all the time in the world to throw.

Someone is bound to surprise and turn out to be at least a decent starter from this group. There are several that I like, but I haven't looked at everyone yet. Finley, Grier and Patterson feel like mid-rounders who will probably go higher simply because of demand. I like all three. Herbert seems to be at the top of the group, but would require a lot of draft picks to trade up for.

I agree with J-Off in following the strength of the draft. Miami doesn't have anyone on the defensive line that would keep an opposing offensive coach up at night, nobody in the front seven for that matter. This draft could change that. That would be my priority.

I think I've said this before but there are only I believe five seniors I'd bother to draft, and then you've got whichever juniors declare...Herbert and Haskins, it sounds like. Not sure I'd draft Stidham. I'd draft Daniel Jones, but to me he's only in with a Gardner Minshew and Ryan Finley.

I think I've said this before but there are only I believe five seniors I'd bother to draft, and then you've got whichever juniors declare...Herbert and Haskins, it sounds like. Not sure I'd draft Stidham. I'd draft Daniel Jones, but to me he's only in with a Gardner Minshew and Ryan Finley.

You and Slimm are like that kid at school that told you that Santa Claus was just a bullshit story your parents made up ! I want to believe, I hate the pair of you :p

Any time you get a guy who has legit pro arm talent, really good speed and movement skills, and he's a really good character, you should allow yourself hope. To me that's Easton Stick, so I'd definitely get my hopes up about him if my team ended up drafting him. Bottom line is he's got every tool he needs to compete at the next level.

I think Drew Anderson also has that. Drew Lock also clearly has pro talent, and is having a good finish.

Yeah that's really the issue with this quarterback class in my opinion. The one's with arm talent can't play the quarterback position very well - while the ones that can play the quarterback position well lack arm talent.

Those are the makings of a poor class overall.

Typically you're looking at backup caliber in general when you're looking at a Senior crop of QB's.

It's always the underclassman that determine the strength of a QB class.

i want Minshew day 3 because ECU, then he can hold it down til Ahlers in 2021 :victory :wacky we need a day 3 pick at least. if he is a luke falk clone then so be it. obviously the staff saw something in him. worse case scenario Falk makes active roster , Minshew hits the PS squad, and we look into our Franchise QB in 2020. hopefully whatever worst case scenario is after the '19 draft we have a solid backup QB that doesn't cause us to flip our **** if he has to play more than a week

Want to see how Ta’amu does against Miss St on Thursday. I know he’s a bit banged up but he’s a good mid to late round prospect.

Well looks like Milton is done, awful for the kid. Hated the play call on 3rd and long, not sure if it was his choice to run it, but stupid decision going for those extra yards, thought the tackle was a little low but he's a runner in that situation. Dunno what he does now, if it's a serious as it looks, he's obviously not going to play again this season, I think he has a year of eligibility left, would expect him to come back now, as his stock will have dropped based on injury concerns.

I've taped the Drew Lock game, but watched the first few drives until the UCF game started and in terrible conditions he's looking in total control, apparently John Elway is there, Broncos may be a good call for him, probably picking ahead of us because Vance Joseph is awful.

Last edited:
Finished watching the Mizzou game, Lock missed a few throws, but was very impressive again, awful conditions, strong winds and raining throughout. You wouldn't want to be playing Mizzou in a bowl game right now, they are on fire, Lock is (pardon the pun) totally locked in, I'm pretty certain he goes in round 1, he's finished up the season very well, has the arm talent, can make all the throws, ran for two tds today also, good kid, great stats, someone will roll the dice on him.

Hall really impressed me too again today, he's an absolute beast, a kind of wideout we've been crying out for.

Back
Top Bottom