Call Me Crazy - But I Like 2019 Qb Class | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Call Me Crazy - But I Like 2019 Qb Class

I hope Miami avoids QB in 2019 draft, beef up both lines instead and then BPA until 2020

Yep, let’s keep hoping for next season and the highly unlikely scenario they will pick in one of the top 3 spots.
I hear there is a QB phenom high school freshman. Perhaps,we should keep building those lines and hope we get the top pick in the 2025 draft.

Yep, let’s keep hoping for next season and the highly unlikely scenario they will pick in one of the top 3 spots.
I hear there is a QB phenom high school freshman. Perhaps,we should keep building those lines and hope we get the top pick in the 2025 draft.
Miami can always trade up. You’re not going to get the QB you want by always standing pat in the draft unless you have top 5 pick.

Miami can always trade up. You’re not going to get the QB you want by always standing pat in the draft unless you have top 5 pick.

I agree. However, when the opportunity to draft a highly regarded QB presents itself, a team without an upper echelon QB needs to make that move.
The phins have a young roster with potential, so with a healthy RT next season there is little chance they will be near a position to draft a top QB.
Injuries at key positions have hit the team hard this year and my guess is they will be drafting somewhere between 11-15 if the season plays out the way I suspect it will.
That puts you within striking distance to move up.
Winning 8-9 games a year puts you in no mans land. That’s where RT places you.

I agree. However, when the opportunity to draft a highly regarded QB presents itself, a team without an upper echelon QB needs to make that move.
The phins have a young roster with potential, so with a healthy RT next season there is little chance they will be near a position to draft a top QB.
Injuries at key positions have hit the team hard this year and my guess is they will be drafting somewhere between 11-15 if the season plays out the way I suspect it will.
That puts you within striking distance to move up.
Winning 8-9 games a year puts you in no mans land. That’s where RT places you.

Yeah, I'm all for making a move for Haskins or Herbert, think both have a chance and absolutely better than we have. I like Lock too, if he's there when we pick I would pull the trigger. I heart all the talk about 2020 being better and we should hold out for that, but I'm not convinced it's going to be that deep looking at this season. Tua is a legit elite propect, absolute no brainer if you are in a position to draft him. We are not going to be there though, he's gone by the time we pick, we are great at getting enough wins to not get a top 3 pick and Tua is already barring injury certain to go #1 in 2020. So who else are you targetting? Fromm, I'm not convinced at all by him, I honestly think both Herbert and Haskins are better prospects. So who else ?

Haskins is the favorite if he comes out. Has everything you look for.
If Miami ends up picking somewhere in the top 10, Haskins or Lock could be possibilities. I think the team would have to move up for Haskins, while Lock could fall to them. Honestly, Lock might be worth gambling on. His arm talent is obvious and his deep throw is intriguing. Lots of work needed on footwork. I think you fix that and his accuracy improves big time. He'd be someone I'd sit for a year, although I understand that's not the way the NFL works anymore.

If the Dolphins are out of range for those two, I'd wait to the middle rounds and take the best player available, which looks to be a defensive tackle.

Haskins is the favorite if he comes out. Has everything you look for.

He's number 1 on my list now, I have :
1. Haskins
2. Herbert
3. Lock
4. Grier
5. Minshew (really worried that when the game mattered and conditions were far from perfect, he laid a complete goose egg, not a good sign).

Edit: Assumes Murray sticks with baseball and doesn't declare, if he does, that'll change things completely.

Here's the latest mock on CBS, it has 3 QBs going in the first 7 picks, I think the order is a little off Haskins, Lock and then Herbert but I could see this happening. Spoiler: It has us taking Josh Allen again, I would be happy with that if those three have gone by the time we pick. Any update on Herberts intentions yet ? I would love to see Murray change his mind and declare, honestly I can't name a single MLB player, it's a damn minority sport :p

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ff-the-board-three-qbs-go-in-first-six-picks/

A scout that spoke with Dane Brugler recently had a valid observation about Dwayne Haskins, which is that the NFL are going to blitz him like crazy, making the Purdue game seem like a dream.

Like it or not the book is written on him. He's a guy that doesn't do as well when forced to move his feet. So the NFL are going to force him to do that. Will he succeed when he has to throw hot, move his feet, extend the play, change the angles, and/or throw a bunch of man-beaters?

A scout that spoke with Dane Brugler recently had a valid observation about Dwayne Haskins, which is that the NFL are going to blitz him like crazy, making the Purdue game seem like a dream.

Like it or not the book is written on him. He's a guy that doesn't do as well when forced to move his feet. So the NFL are going to force him to do that. Will he succeed when he has to throw hot, move his feet, extend the play, change the angles, and/or throw a bunch of man-beaters?

I watched most of that Purdue game and he wasn't great, but it was a complete breakdown for Ohio state, they were awful on the night. Lets face it, it's rare that you find a QB out of college who has everything, teams like Miami have to roll the dice, like they did on Tannehill really, and hope they luck out. I think if Haskins lands in the right situation he's got a chance, he can be coached up to minimise the impact of his weaker areas.

I don't want anything to do with a qb in the top 10 this year.

If one falls to low 1st i'd make a move..

We are probably not going to be picking in the top 10 anyway, but if we are and Haskins or Herbert are there, it would be crazy to pass up. Like I keep saying this 2019 QB class is not the dumpster fire people have been making it out to be and holding out for 2020 is a dangerous game in my mind, I don't see a lot more talent then Tua apart whom we will not be in a position to pick. I'm picking a QB high every year until we fix the position, we are nothing until we do.

You mean like last night? Haskins is a stud

You mean like last night? Haskins is a stud

Yeah’s a baller. He’s got game. Those are traits the the experts rarely get. He also seems so much bigger than 6’2 220.

Back
Top Bottom