Call your shot on the draft!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Call your shot on the draft!!!

fishfan34

2008 AFC EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS!
Reaction score
At what point do we come in here next week and give our actualy pick or trade scenario for Miami @ #2? The all bets are final pick? I think right now even at a week to go is way TOO early to predict.

fishfan34 said:
At what point do we come in here next week and give our actualy pick or trade scenario for Miami @ #2? The all bets are final pick? I think right now even at a week to go is way TOO early to predict.

pre-show saturday am?

Won't most of us already be at the Sports bar or where ever we plan on watching the draft by then? I next Friday is the day. I think we need a full day for the majority of posters here to come on and give their prediction.

fishfan34 said:
Won't most of us already be at the Sports bar or where ever we plan on watching the draft by then? I next Friday is the day. I think we need a full day for the majority of posters here to come on and give their prediction.

Oh yeah, good point, I WORK at a bar, and work on draft day actually, so my own plan wouldn't have evn worked for me, lol. OK, Friday then

lol.. Friday it is then, hopefully, from the lack of response to this thread, there will be more than just the two of us..

lol... you'll get loasd of responses.

You should ust ask for the name of the guy, we don't need reasoning just the name.
i.e Cedric Benson.

Here is what is going to happen: Miami will be talking about signing Alex Smith once Rogers signs his deal. Then everyone will know that we are serious about Smith. Then TB will enter the picture seriously instead of through media outlets and start to talk trade. They will offer up dog poo and we will continue with Alex Smith as our guy. Then TB will answere with more dog poo and we will answere with we are drafting Alex Smith. Then draft day will come and we will be on the board and TB will be on the phone with us but we will still say that we are drafting Alex Smith and that we want some serious picks. They will not budge and we will draft .............

Good Point. That's all I want, is name or trade snenario that you feel in your opinion WILL happen and then stick to it. No reason as to why.. we'll see what everyone says.. I just want to know how early is TOO early to start making your all bets are off pick.. you pick it and stick with it.. I say next friday we start the thread.

fishfan34 said:
Good Point. That's all I want, is name or trade snenario that you feel in your opinion WILL happen and then stick to it. No reason as to why.. we'll see what everyone says.. I just want to know how early is TOO early to start making your all bets are off pick.. you pick it and stick with it.. I say next friday we start the thread.

is this just a round 1 thing or the whole draft? It will be SUPER hard to do the whole thing friday because trades can happen draft day that screw EVERYONE's mock, so my vote is just naming the dude you think we will draft round 1, or maybe even making a chart that lists the position, then everyone just puts the names of the player we think Miami will take after the position, that way we don't have to worry about the round or trades etc etc, we just fill in the spaces after a position with the dudes name and leave it blank if we don't think someone is gonna be taken at the position.

for example, a chart would be made like this:
QB -
HB -
FB -
TE -
OG -
OT -
C -
DE -
DT -
OLB -
ILB -
CB -
S -
K -
P -
and that would be the first post in the thread, then everyone comes in friday, quotes that blank chart, and fills it in as they see fit. No round numbers, no citing trades, just write in the dudes names or leave it blank, and more than one name can go on a line if you think we are taking more than one dude at that position. To me, that seems like the easiest, most organized way of doing it, or else you will have posts ranging from the super basic one name response like "Benson" to the super elaborate and confusing that name out a whole 7 round scenerio with elaborate trades and sh*t. IDK, just a though, we have a week to decide how to do it

*EDIT* maybe list the school next to their name too, just to omit ANY confusion between players that have same/similar names

Back
Top Bottom