Calm Down | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calm Down

Bottom line which qb do u feel can handle most pressure. Will be most successful qb in 2020 draft. That why Lamar Jackson is best qb in 2018 draft class so far. Rosen cannot deal w pressure of nfl. That why he struggling. Jags qb he look good for 5 rd pick.

We disagree. Rosen is failing because he can't process info fast enough. Look for Flo to emphasize intellect

What some people don't seem to understand is that getting the top pick is about more than just drafting a QB #1.....you have the top pick in EVERY round and that can be huge to build up a team. First round is over and there's the one player that didn't get drafted and GM's are like "I want that guy".....so if you have the 33rd pick you can move down for more picks in in 2020 or 2021.......then you can do the same thing in the 3rd round or you can draft the one player every team wish they could draft that fell to that 33rd spot.

Some people are looking at the little picture instead of looking at the big picture. Yes you can get a good player at any spot but the chances of getting a great player are better when you pick higher. Not that any of this matters cause it is what it is but when it comes to getting the top pick is about more than just ONE single player.

That's exactly what I'm telling you and exactly my point. QBs take time to figure out this league.

And sit him for a year? What a waste of contract year. You only get so many years on a rookie QBs contract, and after that it becomes the biggest part of the cap. That's why you build the team around it first. 4-5 years of a relatively low salary at QB allows teams to spend on other positions. Once a QB gets that second contract they better be a great QB bc you have less money to spend elsewhere. Back to my point of how dumb it is to march a QB out there for 4-5 years behind a crappy team, still don't know what you have, then try to sign them to a long term deal.

What are you talking about? So they take time to figure out the league but you want to fire one in there in his first year when he isnt ready? Can you not build a team around a QB?

When is the right time to draft a QB then? When we have everything built on the team and we are picking in the middle of the first round?

The top pick is more about leverage than anything else if you can’t buy into a single player being worth it.

it’s a leverage play just as much as it is anything else not named a particular player add.

I want as much leverage for Miami as possible. I want to be dictating to the other teams come draft weekend and in tbe lead up to it not letting them dictate to us.

The top pick is more about leverage than anything else if you can’t buy into a single player being worth it.

it’s a leverage play just as much as it is anything else not named a particular player add.

I want as much leverage for Miami as possible. I want to be dictating to the other teams come draft weekend not letting them dictate to us.

I want the first pick because I dont trust this front office in being able to identify the right QB. With the first pick hopefully its a lay up at that point on who you should draft. Now we have to trust Grier with asset management and identifying a QB. He's now has to mortgage the picks we got to go get a QB or sit back and hope the QB falls and he's right on the QB. Basically it takes a lot of guess work out of picking the most important person to start this rebuild.

When it all comes to an end, I personally believe Miami is going to be in position to to pick either Tua, Burrow, or Herbert.

Though after this past LSU vs Alabama game has made me hope to get Burrows, Tua is going to be a star, and Herbert is not that far behind.

Though Burrows looked a little better then Tua in the game, Tua was also not 100% with the way he was hubbling, so those two are special.

Herbert does not have the same talent around him as Burrows and Tua have, but in the Nfl give him some weapons, he will be good to go.

Like I said....draft a QB in the first (I am of the opinion that Burrow would still be there at 5, and Fromm would be available with the 2nd first round pick)....then go into camp with the rookie, Rosen, and Fitz.

If the rookie breaks out, awesome. If he doesn't, it's ok. This team isn't winning the Super Bowl in 2020.

Oh man do I hope you're right, but after that game on Saturday, as long as he does not fall on his face, he will be 1st or 2nd player taken...Unless (depending where we pick) A team chooses Young instead of QB.

I think it's important to work with and develop a rookie QB and I'm not sure that's being done with Rosen. I hope my feeling is wrong because no matter who we draft will suffer ala guru Gase if not groomed to blossum.

Going to be all about system and coaching. Fromm is far from the most talented in the draft but if he goes to a team like the patriots under Bill and he’ll be the best QBs out of next year. We just have to be smart and find a guy that is going to fit.

At this point, I'd trade down with whatever pick we end up getting because it won't be top 3, and I'd take Hurts. I don't want any of the other QBs.
From or love as well. Keep Fitzpatrick for another yr.
I doubt Burrow or Tua will be there at 5. We definitely need to draft a QB and I would draft multiple.
1b Herbert
2a Eason or Love
6 Gordon

I would have Rosen battle it out with those 3 QBs.
Go get from he will.be good too

I want the first pick because I dont trust this front office in being able to identify the right QB. With the first pick hopefully its a lay up at that point on who you should draft. Now we have to trust Grier with asset management and identifying a QB. He's now has to mortgage the picks we got to go get a QB or sit back and hope the QB falls and he's right on the QB. Basically it takes a lot of guess work out of picking the most important person to start this rebuild.

If you can't trust the FO to identify right QB, what difference does the pick make, except for the loss of an asset we could use to better effect for a BPA who is not a QB?

What are you talking about? So they take time to figure out the league but you want to fire one in there in his first year when he isnt ready? Can you not build a team around a QB?

When is the right time to draft a QB then? When we have everything built on the team and we are picking in the middle of the first round?

In our timeline? If say draft one in 2021 and yes in the middle of the round. Worked well for Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, Jackson, & Brees. Or we can hit on a later guy like Jimmy G, Prescott, Wilson, Carr, or Cousins.

Look, I get the appeal of drafting a QB at 1 but the chances of getting a franchise QB is the same as getting a Jameis Winston. Or worse you get the Andrew Luck but your OL is so bad he has to retire young.

From a salary cap, development, and long term viewpoint it makes sense to build like this. You can get the expensive DBs, OL, DEs under contract while your QB is asked to do less. Then in 5 years you don't need those expensive pieces as much bc the QB can carry the team more.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, but I honestly hope the Fins don't waste all this cap and picks to get a QB that isn't NFL ready.

You build a team piece by piece with a constant upgrade going on at all positions each and every draft.

Change will be constant across the board with critical positions such as QB, Center or the Linebacker who organizes the defense being replaced less often due to a more limited availability of high level players at that position. Your drafts first priority is to upgrade your starters if and when possible and after that you draft for depth by going for the BPA at the weakest positions in your depth chart behind the starters.

You reduce your weaknesses before you emphasize a strength. If there are a lot weakness's, you start by building up the Offensive Line and the Defensive line.

The Offensive line starts with an exceptional Center and then you bring in the BPA for other offensive and defensive line positions, depending on what player is available that can help the teams performance the most. As an example, if your guards are some of the worst in the league, you select a reliable or better guard over an exceptional running back because the guard will have more effect on more plays than a running back. If the running back can double as a guard, that is a different situation.

The Defense requires a well established plan for how the coaches want the defense to look. This can effect the number of players on the Defensive Line, but in any case you start with the middle of the Defensive Line right after you select the OL Center. Then use the BPA to build the rest of the offensive and defensive lines.

When an exceptional player is available for a non-line position at this point in the teams development, then the coaching staff has to consider which available player will improve the teams performance the most. It may be a lesser player that will make the line more competitive is a better selection then a good linebacker or safety or receiver or running back.

So in the end, this is a rough guide for selecting players from a draft and a lot of it requires an excellent analysis of the current teams players strengths & weaknesses. This must be coupled to an equally thorough but even more expansive review of the draft candidates and any non-draft candidates the scouts have identified that would improve the team. Then the FO, with input from the coaching staff, needs to determine on a pick by pick basis who will be selected. This is not only very subjective, but can be effected by accepting or requesting trades for NFL players or draft positions during the process.

This really does make madden and even chess look like child's play.

FWIW, I've read that people who are both Chess Masters and Checkers Masters consider Checkers to be the most difficult of the two games. I bring this up to point out that the people who are actually involved in these operations usually know more about what is really going on with their planning and choices then the passive observer, no matter how many rants and outraged posts those folks make.

Back
Top Bottom