Calm Down | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calm Down

I will not argue the basic principle behind this thread but I will state this, like or hate Tua or Burrow, we are picking one of them in the draft. Ross and Grier in attendance on Saturday signified that. Those berating folks for being upset about damage our #1 pick chances by winning a few meaningless games, need to factor this in, if we don't pick 1 (or perhaps 2) we will be moving up to get there if we can, it's hurting our overall draft the deeper we fall back. I am convinced the plan was always to take Tua this year, the building up of draft capital was insurance if the ripping up of the roster plan failed.

I will not rest easy until tua's name is on the card being run up by some team OTHER than the Miami Dolphins.

Burrow is the best QB and I am deathly afraid the Bengals take him.

I dislike gamble. The lottery is a gamble. A raffle is a gamble. The draft is an educated guess with the most knowledgeable and astute winning more than the less able. Everyone knows that. Now, the best don't ALWAYS get it right and I don't want to imply the better teams are FAR better - they're not. But two more good picks a year makes a big difference. The more picks, the better the odds. That can't be disputed. How they're used will tell a lot

good post,

an educated guess. Ok. Call it poker then. I like poker more neway.

in poker’s Texas hold’em, you make an educated guess based on percentages from the cards you see on the table, the cards you’re holding, and the cards you think your opponent is holding.

And still, in the end, you need the luck of the draw to flip your card or not flip your opponent’s card.

We’ve seen the most knowledgeable get it wrong time and time again. Which top mind in the NFL was discussing converting Lamar Jackson to a WR? I forget.

you said it yourself, the best don’t always get it right and that’s because you need some luck potatoes to go with your porterhouse steak of knowledge.

sometimes it’s not even the luck of the educated choice. Sometimes it’s afterwards. The guy gets hurt early or suspended.

To say luck doesn’t play a huge roll is just incorrect. LIFE. Even in everyday life you need luck. Do you know how lucky you are that you weren’t born in a tribe in Africa that has to walk God knows how many miles for dirty water?

now, chance favors the prepared mind and fortune favors the brave.

You’re absolutely right but also absolutely wrong. Luck makes one hell of a difference for any of what supposedly is the top 32 minds in the business.

and ofcourse the more picks you have the better your odds get. But that’s why their called odds to begin with.

I will not argue the basic principle behind this thread but I will state this, like or hate Tua or Burrow, we are picking one of them in the draft. Ross and Grier in attendance on Saturday signified that. Those berating folks for being upset about damage our #1 pick chances by winning a few meaningless games, need to factor this in, if we don't pick 1 (or perhaps 2) we will be moving up to get there if we can, it's hurting our overall draft the deeper we fall back. I am convinced the plan was always to take Tua this year, the building up of draft capital was insurance if the ripping up of the roster plan failed.
I wholeheartedly agree with this assumptio.

I have posted this on here one time and have told other folks this in discussion. I am afraid the Dolphins take Tua. I do not want him. I am ok if the Dolphins stink next year as well if it means ending up in the number one spot. I want Trevor Lawrence. I do not care what his numbers look like this year or next. The fact he went up against Alabama as a true freshman and was unfazed by the moment showed me everything I need to know. Every QB in this years class is a letdown (to me) compared to Lawrence (if he comes out next year..if not, I am ok with another two years of bad football to get him).

Last edited:
good post,

an educated guess. Ok. Call it poker then. I like poker more neway.

in poker’s Texas hold’em, you make an educated guess based on percentages from the cards you see on the table, the cards you’re holding, and the cards you think your opponent is holding.

And still, in the end, you need the luck of the draw to flip your card or not flip your opponent’s card.

We’ve seen the most knowledgeable get it wrong time and time again. Which top mind in the NFL was discussing converting Lamar Jackson to a WR? I forget.

you said it yourself, the best don’t always get it right and that’s because you need some luck potatoes to go with your porterhouse steak of knowledge.

sometimes it’s not even the luck of the educated choice. Sometimes it’s afterwards. The guy gets hurt early or suspended.

To say luck doesn’t play a huge roll is just incorrect. LIFE. Even in everyday life you need luck. Do you know how lucky you are that you weren’t born in a tribe in Africa that has to walk God knows how many miles for dirty water?

now, chance favors the prepared mind and fortune favors the brave.

You’re absolutely right but also absolutely wrong. Luck makes one hell of a difference for any of what supposedly is the top 32 minds in the business.

and ofcourse the more picks you have the better your odds get. But that’s why their called odds to begin with.

You do realize "guess" implies luck? Never said there was no luck, only that acquiring enough information and knowing how to use the information improves the guess. For too long Miami had people who had the info, but couldn't process it correctly. I know everyone hopes that changes next spring.

I have posted there on here one time and have told other folks this in discussion. I am afraid the Dolphins take Tua. I do not want him. I am ok if the Dolphins stink next year as well if it means ending up in the number one spot. I want Trevor Lawrence. I do not care what his numbers look like this year or next. The fact he went up against Alabama as a true freshman and was unfazed by the moment showed me everything I need to know. Every QB in this years class is a letdown (to me) compared to Lawrence (if he comes out next year..if not, I am ok with another two years of bad football to get him).
I agree. Saw Trevor this past weekend in Raleigh making a sandwich out of my wolfpack's secondary.

I hope you are right.

You do realize "guess" implies luck? Never said there was no luck, only that acquiring enough information and knowing how to use the information improves the guess. For too long Miami had people who had the info, but couldn't process it correctly. I know everyone hopes that changes next spring.

No. That went over my head.

So what are we arguing about/discussing? We’re on the same page.

Yes. Come 2020, a QB won’t be our biggest worry, a GM will. If Grier fails with all of the picks we have...

No. That went over my head.

So what are we arguing about/discussing? We’re on the same page.

Yes. Come 2020, a QB won’t be our biggest worry, a GM will. If Grier fails with all of the picks we have...

No, we're not arguing. If anything, I'd say a misunderstanding. We agree. That's point #1

Well if we're not interested in tanking then please return Minkah Fitzpatrick and Tunsil

Yep no reason to panic for qb after two decades of not having one. Eventually one will drop into our laps. Good thing that cocaine rumor helped Marino slide to us otherwise we might be having a discussion of not having a qb for 36 years.

not to rehash or nitpick, but i think the dolphins drafted a qb worthy of a top 10 pick, it’s all the OTHER stuff we were missing and that’s where the focus needs to be, plus replacing that qb.

but i agree it was time to cut ties. this time, do it right. draft a good qb, build a good line, then fill in all the pieces (assuming you have good coaching)

Having a higher pick also doesn't prevent you from drafting Mitchell Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes.

Back
Top Bottom