Rd. 3 Patrick Watkins S Felon's State University

Rd. 4 Martin Nance WR Miami, Ohio

Rd. 5 Manny Wright DT USC

Rd. 6 Cleo Lemon QB San Diego Charges

Rd. 7 Joey Harrington QB Detroit Lions

Rd. 7 Matt Lentz OG Michigan

Rd. 7 David Pittman CB Northwestern St.

Sweet...
personally, I would love for us to pick up a WR in Round 1. We could use some youth here and take some heat of the mighty stud Chambers. You just know chambers is getting doubled up big time next year. Booker is solid too.
Picking 16, I bet we would have an excellent shot at grabbing one of the top 2 WRs in this years draft.

I agree with the 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th(a) picks........the others are very questionable. :lol:

Just curious.....as we stand right now, do you see WR or OLB as a bigger need? and who do you rate higher between Chad Jackson and Bobby Carpenter?

I would hope that you would say Carpenter......becasause I don't like the idea at all of not going with the highest rated player based off of a perceived need.....which is what you seem to have done between your 2 scnearios.

burger13 said:
I agree with the 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th(a) picks........the others are very questionable. :lol:

Just curious.....as we stand right now, do you see WR or OLB as a bigger need? and who do you rate higher between Chad Jackson and Bobby Carpenter?

I would hope that you would say Carpenter......becasause I don't like the idea at all of not going with the highest rated player based off of a perceived need.....which is what you seem to have done between your 2 scnearios.

If we get Arrington, I don't necessarily think we have a NEED at either position. We have talent at LB and WR, but I think both Holmes and Jackson have the type of ability that can make A LOT of DC's in the NFL lose sleep if put in our already talented offense. I like Holmes better, but don't think he'll make it to us at 16. He's too polished.

If we don't get Arrington, I think Bobby Carpenter makes a 4-3 defensive coaching staff wake up needing a cold shower.

WelcomeBack said:
I don't really like Anwar Phillips. I would rather have Darrell Hunter who is bigger and faster than Phillips.

Anwar is a solid tackler. I like DB's who tackle.

He is good, but I think if it comes down to those two, Hunter is the way to go. Last season, Anwar had 24 tackles, 1 INT, and 10 Pass Break-Ups. Hunter had 33 tackles, 2 INT's, and 3 Pass Break-Ups, but he also forced 2 fumbles and recovered one. Nick Saban likes playmakers, and it seems Hunter is the better playmaker.

Thomas Howard won't fall to the third in my mind. I think if we wait to look for a LB, we can look at Stanley McClover who will go from a DE to a 3-4 OLB...or look late in the draft for Pierre Woods.

PROUDMONKEY said:
Sweet...
personally, I would love for us to pick up a WR in Round 1. We could use some youth here and take some heat of the mighty stud Chambers. You just know chambers is getting doubled up big time next year. Booker is solid too.
Picking 16, I bet we would have an excellent shot at grabbing one of the top 2 WRs in this years draft.

Booker, Booker, Booker, Booker DOES take heat off of Chambers. He's a lot more than just a solid receiver.
The Rodney Dangerfield of WR's....No respect

You are right about Booker. Very solid WR and he is a great #2. The "Draft a WR" thing seems to be more so the BPA method, especially depending on who is taken before our pick. I also think that people are worried about depth we have there and wondering whether Kelly Campbell can stay healthy, whether Fred Gibson can come on strong, and whether Wes Welker will be a legitimate WR or just a return man.

watkins wont be there in the 3rd and carpenter at 16 is way to high for him.

Silverphin said:
What about Manny Lawson? I believe he's alot more versatile than Carpenter.

He is a lot more versatile. I think we'd be able to trade down to about 25-30 and still be able to get either Lawson or Carpenter.

Back
Top Bottom