Calvin Johnson?!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Johnson?!?

wilddolfan13

Rookie
Reaction score
Not a big fan of college ball and was hoping somone here can tell me... Is Calvin Johnson better than Braylon Edwards was coming out of the NCAA? Curious because we passed on Edwards a only 2 years ago.

I would say so. I only saw him play 3 games but he is somewhat of a freak.

Edwards was very good in a what was thought of as a sub par draft class

Yeah, Calvin Johnson is probably the best receiver prospect to come out in at least five years. He is easily the most talented player in the draft, and likely will not even be the first or second pick in the draft, which is a mistake IMO. I think Oakland should strongly consider him rather than Russell, I know QB is important, but this guy is the real deal, Russell...I'm not so sure.

Yes-Johnson will probably be much better than Braylon...I was listening to Sirius and they were saying how much of a bust Braylon is and how good Winslow is. Albeit Edwards is still young, and the Browns, well are the Browns. When you have no QB of course your TE who now becomes your dump off guy, will become a centerpeice...Johnson is much better, and I dont think Edwards has lived up to his hype-although he does get injured alot

Johnson is definitely a better overall prospect. Edwards, though, is no bust. He's been hurt for significant amount of time (yes he's a bust in that case) and their QB's have been poor. If the Raiders draft Johnson he will be a bust too until they get someone to throw him the ball. Funny thing how great receivers usually tend to have good QB's.

Johnson is definitely a better overall prospect. Edwards, though, is no bust. He's been hurt for significant amount of time (yes he's a bust in that case) and there QB's have been poor. If the Raiders draft Johnson he will be a bust too until they get someone to throw him the ball. Funny thing how great receivers usually tend to have good QB's.

Exactly

Yes, Calvin Johnson is a tremendous prospect and better than any receiving prospect in the last 3-4 years.

And Braylon Edwards is no bust at all, the guy has skills, and tore us up good last season. That guy can take over games when he's healthy.

Johnson is definitely a better overall prospect. Edwards, though, is no bust. He's been hurt for significant amount of time (yes he's a bust in that case) and their QB's have been poor. If the Raiders draft Johnson he will be a bust too until they get someone to throw him the ball. Funny thing how great receivers usually tend to have good QB's.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Johnson's QB in college was abysmal and he still put up ridiculous numbers.

Marvin Harrison is a great receiver and he doesn't have a good quarterback. Uhh....wait. I think he has the best......hmmmm. You might be right after all.

Calvin Johnson is one of the top prospects to EVER come out of college at that position. He jumped with a 43" verticle today, and ran a 4.33 40. That is amazing, and the guys is 6' 4" with incredible hands and feet.

Not a big fan of college ball and was hoping somone here can tell me... Is Calvin Johnson better than Braylon Edwards was coming out of the NCAA? Curious because we passed on Edwards a only 2 years ago.

clear.gif

:chuckle:

no question he is better, not very often that a guy comes out who is 6 foot 5, who can run a 4.3, and who has a very high vertical. not to mention that he runs great routes, has excellent hands and is a high character guy

Back
Top Bottom