Calvin Pace Update | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

So we are going to knock the Jets for signing a guy that we were going to spend plenty on. So if we had signed him to a slightly lower contract we would be geniuses but the Jets are being stupid OKay then.

No, we are knocking the Jets for giving a $20M signing bonus to a one year wonder. Big difference between $22M gauranteed and $20M signing bonus paid all at once. That's a huge chunk of change paid for non-Pro Bowl player.

$20M in signing bonus means that money is GONE. It's not a massaging of the books. That money is physically GONE.

And another thing, antogonizing a Jets fan as a member of the Dolphins board is all fun and games. However, attacking a fellow Dolphin fan on the same board is a different issue. Especially when it's obvious, with an emoticon, that I was joking and jesting in good fun.

No need for the attack. Ease up.

Now prepare for the Pace is overrated posts.
Im suprised we were looking at spending this type of money myself

New York Jets have agreed to a six-year, $42 million deal with DE/LB Calvin Pace.
Pace, a five-year Arizona Cardinals veteran. began his career as a defensive end before moving to linebacker in a 3-4 front in 2007.
Pace will receive a $20 million signing bonus, with $22 million of the deal guaranteed.
He chose between offers from the Dolphins and Jets

It's not about being overrated, its about over paying. And if we signed him for that much.. then you may hear about overrated.

But hey, thats free agency!

and another thing..they are going to get Gholsten now in the draft and pay him big $???

OMG! what was there salary cap 5 days ago?

u know what they are doing? just like the bills when they traded people for other people and called it an upgrade but still put them in cap hell in the process and they still stunk!

They trade Vilma for Pace and Robertson for Jenkins...yippee! your the great MANGENIUS!:lol:

It's not about being overrated, its about over paying. And if we signed him for that much.. then you may hear about overrated.

But hey, thats free agency!

You know we did not offer much less, so lets not act like the Jets are idiots since we probably only lost out by maybe a couple million.

He is overrated on this board atleast. He's good, but not great, to invest so much money on him when we have so many other needs. He's not worth 22 million guarantee, even Briggs didn't get that much guarantee money and he got around 10 million less.

Let's start looking at defensive backs. Fabian Washington may be available by trade, and even Michael Huff.

Most of us did want him IMO, but not by compromising our cap on a single, good, but yet somewhat unproven player...We will have e few good options in the 3rd round, maybe even in the 2nd if someone falls....so no reason to get frustrated, we are still in good shape and in the right direction

Rotoworld's take on New York's big signing.............

"We love Pace's potential, but this is insane money for a player that's had one legitimately good season. The Dolphins and Cardinals weren't going to go this high. Pace will likely play weak outside linebacker in New York opposite LOLB Bryan Thomas. He could approach double digit sacks at that position."

you have to have sanity with the cap, the jets think they are closer then us, so they need to pay more, that is ok, spend wisely and build

You tell em !
Jets SUCK SUCK SUCK !

Dont worry ill put Cash that Chris long puts up more sacks than Pace ! :woot:

I just called my buddy and told him to get a message to Pace and tell him MIami said F*&^K um!!

pace can go **** himself as far as i am concerned
i wanted him but i said in the 14-15 million range, but 20 million guaranteed and 22 million in signing bonus is crazy for a rebuilding team

pace will not be a one hit wonder he is a very good football player, but the jets think they can compete now, and if all these moves backfire they will be sitting with the patriots in a couple of years at the bottom while we and the bills are rising and fighting it out for the afc east title in a couple of years

bring in someone who wants to be a dolphin, draft chris long or gholston or maybe jake long add them with what we got and make a kick *** team

Then you land in cap hell.

It should be an easy place to find on the map.... it's between Washington and New York.

:sidelol:

Nah not really not the way that the cap is going up every year.

These are good signings for them

Pace got paid, guess what that happens to young talents in FA.

One signing they did go overboard was the Faneca Deal IMO

Thank God we didn't over pay. LOL the jets cap is screwed!! They are nuts to pay him that much. This will come back to bite them.

After all these contracts, the Jets still have about $20M in cap space. Everyone knows Tannenbaum is probably the best cap guy in the NFL, just ask Tuna.

Our cap will be fine. But keep thinking we're the AFC's Redskins. :kick:

i think i speak for all of us when i say....

"We'd love to have him...but it didn't work out.And hope the Jets benefit his impact"

But I think MIA will live....

Back
Top Bottom