Calvin Ridley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Ridley

A mid first rounder? Nah.

I’d rather have the center from Oklahoma over any WR. I am sure the FO will feel the same.

Of the WRs though, I really like the way the kid from Purdue would fit with DVP and PW. That would be an explosive trio. The only set of DBs in the league that could slow them down happen to be on the our team.

Too early to worry about next year!

not trying to be contrary but MAYBE if the organization had been thinking about next year "too early" for the past 20 years the Dolphins would be more relevant ....

It probably is too early for fans to think about next year but here's to hoping our FO has along term (3-5 yrs.? in this business that's long term lol) plan to help put the Dolphins back on top ...

agreed on the positional value of pass rusher over wide receiver. and you're right that there might not be a need for a wide receiver this high for us in 2021. it's hard to project these things. i'm just saying, from a prospect/talent standpoint alone, it doesn't get much better - if at all - than Ja'Marr Chase in 2021.
As a HUGE LSU fan, I would also say don't sleep on Terrace Marshall. He's had some injury problems at LSU, but when healthy, he is a ridiculous talent. We'll see how he progresses this year, but we might be able to stand pat with those two first rounders and get an amazing pass rusher (maybe the kid from Penn St) and legit WR if that's what we are looking for.

Chase looks to be an elite prospect. Waddle and Smith look to be good prospects too, but those are not the only 3, and in fact there are 6 WR I think are very good prospects. Here they are in my order

JaMarr Chase - LSU
Rondale Moore - Purdue
Jaylen Waddle - Alabama
Rashod Bateman - Minnesota
Justyn Ross - Clemson
Devonta Smith - Alabama

Obviously things can change in the next year, but those 6 look to be very good prospects
You can take Justyn Ross off that list..dude's career is probably over..spine problems i think.

We already have several of those on our roster. Grant and Merrit are sub 4.4 guys, and Jennings and Wilson are right at 4.4. Merritt is loaded with athletic talent and is the guy who intrigues me the most out of the bunch.
Grant can't stay on the field and doesn't have a great catch radius. I think we've hit Grant's ceiling. Wilson is not used as a deep threat out of the slot, the other 2 we'll see. I'm just saying based on the type of receivers we have on the roster currently, I could see them looking for a deep threat speedster, maybe Merrit is another UDFA gem and steps up, although it's not common to find game-changing talent that way, (Preston Williams was an anomaly). Maybe Merit could be that guy if he even makes the final roster... :shrug:

not trying to be contrary but MAYBE if the organization had been thinking about next year "too early" for the past 20 years the Dolphins would be more relevant ....

It probably is too early for fans to think about next year but here's to hoping our FO has along term (3-5 yrs.? in this business that's long term lol) plan to help put the Dolphins back on top ...
I'm sure they are already scouting 3+ years down the road, they begin following these kids early on. I had a scout from the Milwaukee Brewers approach me after watching my Son pitch when he was only 14.

So much depends on how Parker and Williams look. If they look like pair of legit no. 1 type wrs I'm not sure you need to invest a 1st round pick on a number 3 receiver. If Parker and Williams look as we all hope they do I hope would be ok with a young Kenny Stills type receiver for the 3rd receiver role and you can get that as 2nd or 3rd round pick or 2nd tier free agent.

I agree, but even that, Miami with Wilson and Grant might not need speed receiver if one or both look good and back from injury.

Maybe we'll strike gold with one of the young DEs... I doubt it, but hey... I doubted Williams too.

Well, this kid is going to be a force...I'm hoping for sooner then later.

Would love it, if he introduced himself at least twice to each AFC East QB per game this season...
Curtis-Weaver-advanced-stats-metrics-analytics-profile.png
IN WEAVER WE TRUST

I agree, but even that, Miami with Wilson and Grant might not need speed receiver if one or both look good and back from injury.

Because of their heights I just do see Grant and Wilson as a down the field deep speed threat and I would like at least on of those on the roster.

Sorry Taylor I meant to say I don't see Grant and Wilson as deep speed threats due to their heights and I would like one of those on the roster. If Jennings or Merritt can be that guy I would be fine to roll with Parker , Williams , Grant , Wilson and either Merrit or Jennings at one spot and Hurns or Ford at the other spot.

Sorry Taylor I meant to say I don't see Grant and Wilson as deep speed threats due to their heights and I would like one of those on the roster. If Jennings or Merritt can be that guy I would be fine to roll with Parker , Williams , Grant , Wilson and either Merrit or Jennings at one spot and Hurns or Ford at the other spot.

That's fine with me, even if the coaching staff decided to next year go with someone early in the draft, or someone in FA.

My point is that if those two impress, the coaching staff may decide to stay pat.

Though I would hope for better compitition for a deep threat option, whatever direction the coaching staff goes is fine by me. They knjw far better then me.

Maybe a mid-third. No way a first or second.
I don’t know about that.

This kind of NFL production is worth more than a mid-third:
71E81F48-3ED8-4956-98BD-0E9DA92C48F0.png
Now, do we spend a first for him?

Umm ... let’s see what he does in year three.

I don’t know about that.

This kind of NFL production is worth more than a mid-third:
View attachment 48031
Now, do we spend a first for him?

Umm ... let’s see what he does in year three.
That's fair and I was dead wrong about the 2nd. NE gave up a second for Sanu. Not sure which draft year so possibly 15-20 picks later than ours. On the other hand, there are too many holes to fill so would be a tough call.

Back
Top Bottom