Cam Newton signs with New England. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton signs with New England.

I don’t know what Newton has left in the tank but running QBs always give us fits. Maybe Flores can change that?

If he is healthy he will be better than Brady was last year. He might have trouble adjusting to the offensive scheme in NE because it is quite different from what he is used to running. If he can be effective in their offense and can stay healthy, he could be their QB for several years. He is only 31 years old and was the MVP a few years ago.

At this point he would have to be considered the best QB in the AFC East until we see if Tua is as good as we hope he will be.

Last edited:
Really seems like Pats and the NFL were in together on this one with the timing of the two news releases. Cmon
I don’t think the NFL had anything to do with this signing. The Patriots were a team in need of a veteran QB
who could come in and legitimately compete for the starting QB position. Newton was the best QB on the market and no other team was willing to give him the money or the opportunity to come in and compete for the starting position.

It was a smart move by the Patriots and an excellent decision by Newton to sign with a team that has shown it can be a playoff team even With Brady no longer in New England.

I guess they aren’t tanking for Lawrence

I never thought they would. Organizations (front offices) tank. Teams (players and coaches) don't. Belichick doesn't have it in him to consider tanking. In many ways, it's a shame that such a great coach chose to tarnish his reputation with shenanigans outside the rules (spygate on it's multiple levels and occurences). For that reason alone, I will never consider him the greatest coach of all-time. The entire Pats organization (starting with Kraft) is disingenuous in it's dealings. They are not stupid people. They clearly understood their actions were outside NFL guidelines.

I don't even hold the underinflated balls against Bill. That's a Brady issue and his stupid unwillingness to cooperate with a League investigation. I've always assumed teams mess with the balls frequently (I first became aware of this as a sixth grader reading The Jordan Rules). Sam Smith briefly details NBA teams tampering with game balls. years later, I read about NFL equipment guys getting balls ready by placing them in ovens and clothes dryers). The Pats should have been given a fine in the amount of a standard equipment violation for every ball used that season (12 balls per game on offense times 16 games times $5000 for each. The amount is $960,000, give or take the number of balls and actual fine amount). On one hand, I think the NFL's punishment was excessive. On the other hand, the Patriots unwillingness to cooperate with the investigation makes me an unsympathetic observer.

End of rant.

They will win the division with cam.We were only playing for second place at best. It’s about 2021 and after for us

They will win the division with cam.We were only playing for second place at best. It’s about 2021 and after for us

I believe you are right. New England still has Bill. As long as he is there, they will be in the mix. We are also still behind Buffalo.

I believe you are right. New England still has Bill. As long as he is there, they will be in the mix. We are also still behind Buffalo.
Just because Belicheat is still there doesn't mean Newton will pick up up in his system. If that system was easy to learn they would have ditched Brady a LONG time ago.

SCam has not been good (or healthy) the last couple seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stidham or Hoyer are starting for them Week 1.

Lol...Is anybody really shockingly surprised? Maybe a slight quick surprise that it finally happened, but no real surprise....Belichick was never going to allow a season where he was uncompetitive, by allowing a totally green unknown like Stidham to take over.

Could be, and probably am wrong, but I think the Pat offence with Cam is Taylor made for the type of defence Miami on paper might have...We will see how this goes.

Last edited:
Really looking at Newton career his reputation with many is built off 1 season. In 2015 he was exceptional. Every other year he’s between 17-24 TD’s with 13-17 picks and completes 59% of his passes. He’s been a part of 3 winning teams in Carolina.

It appears some people have forgotten that the Patriots went 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel playing QB when Brady missed the entire season injured. A healthy Newton is a far better QB than Cassel ever was and the Patriots still have a top 10 defense and Belichick.

With Newton , I think the Patriots will win the division again and the Bills will come in 2nd. The Dolphins and Jets will once again fight to stay out of the bottom of the AFC East. I agee that for the Dolphins it will be 2021 before they become a factor In the AFC East.

Back
Top Bottom