Cam Newton signs with New England. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton signs with New England.

I don't think we need to be worried. As others have mentioned, Cam is not the same Cam who lost to NE in the SB. Two throwing shoulder surgeries and a Lisfranc surgery which is usually 50/50 recovery and non re-injure wise later he's now in NE with a very depleted O roster. To put it simply, the guy just got replaced by Teddy Bridgewater whose leg exploded four years ago...

Additionally, he's arriving late to the NE party and now doesn't have Run CMC to bail him out nor Olsen. We play them first so that should be a win but no win in NE is easy.

If he is healthy he will be better than Brady was last year. Brady is on the downside of his career and Newton is only 31 years old. The only questions for Newton is whether his body has suffered too much pounding in the NFL to come back and be the player he was a few years ago. Also if he will adapt to the more structured offense run by the Patriots.

If he is healthy and he can learn and play in the Patriots complex offense, I can see him being a successful QB in New England for the next 5-6 years. In fact as a Dolphin fan, I would much prefer seeing an old Brady at QB for the Patriots than I would having to face a healthy Newton.

I don't get it. Didn't Chris Simms tell us all how talented Stidham is???

Why would the Pats sign Cam Newton if they are so set at QB???

Boggles the mind.
Chris Simms has his own opinions but he isn‘t a member of the Patriots staff. Perhaps the Patriots weren’t as set on Stidham as Simms is.

If "worried" means the Pats will win 2 more games because of Newton, then yes.

If "worried" means the Pats are suddenly Super Bowl contenders again because of this, then no.

Cam Newton is unlikely to regain his MVP form from years ago. His two shoulder surgeries are one thing (and the second one being loosely described as a "cleanup" always sounded shady to me), and I think they've obviously affected him. However, the foot injury is another thing entirely. Lisfranc injuries are one thing that I've had; I managed to break a toe on one foot and get a Lisfranc injury on the other at the same time. I don't know what it's like to be a pro athlete, and I clearly don't have access to the medical options that Newton had, but I can tell you one thing for certain: Foot injuries can **** EVERYTHING up. They change the way you walk, stand, run, distribute weight, etc. for a long, long time.

The foot injury clearly affected Newton; his footwork was all jacked up last year, and I suspect that he's had to "relearn" his footwork after the surgery. Point is, could Newton become Superman again? Sure. But I wouldn't bet on it.

The patriots were the most remarkable team maybe ever winning games late in the 4th quarter.
That’s over!
They’re a 7 and 9 team with endless bickering and a complete internal collapse on its way.
Cam was an awful choice for them.
He is being severely under paid.
BB did great with Brady willing to be such a low key guy....
Those days are over....
Fans are gonna watch their dynasty collapse and scream bloody murder like a bunch of spoiled babies!
Enjoy!!!!

The patriots were the most remarkable team maybe ever winning games late in the 4th quarter.
That’s over!
They’re a 7 and 9 team with endless bickering and a complete internal collapse on its way.
Cam was an awful choice for them.
He is being severely under paid.
BB did great with Brady willing to be such a low key guy....
Those days are over....
Fans are gonna watch their dynasty collapse and scream bloody murder like a bunch of spoiled babies!
Enjoy!!!!
Cam was an awful choice but he is being severely underpaid. Something about those two statements appear contradictory to me. I see the Patriots being the AFC East champions if Newton is healthy and even though they may not win the SB this coming season, their reign in the AFC East is certainly no where close to ending if Newton is healthy and as long as Belichick remains their coach.

Cam was an awful choice but he is being severely underpaid. Something about those two statements appear contradictory to me. I see the Patriots being the AFC East champions if Newton is healthy and even though they may not win the SB this coming season, their reign in the AFC East is certainly no where close to ending if Newton is healthy and as long as Belichick remains their coach.
I love how someone with a contract that can with incentives make him $7mm is vastly underpaid. Sure I understand vs other players but the guy is on a prove it one year deal due to injuries and I would assume a certain amount of attitude issues.

It will be nearly impossible for any RB to have the success that Henry had during the Titans run to the playoffs, literally historical.

I don't see a WR on that team resembling anything close to AJ Brown that will Cam to stretch the field when teams stack the box. And the TE's ... lol

It will be interesting to see how their defense holds up for the entire season. They didn't look that dominant in the second half of the season. For sure the schedule made the Pats D look better than it was in the first half of the season and not as bad as it looked in the second half. The D will probably be spending a lot more time on the field with Brady gone.

BB in the past has always gone back to a power run game when they were struggling. I'm not saying they have a Henry and blah blah the rest, but they always seemed to weather the storm to get back on track.

With a healthy Newton, it only benefits him if BB follows his past pattern of implementing that type of game plan.

How about 3) Can Cam park his massive ego under a coach who doesn't show a lot of love? Belichick has probably already told him that the attention craving fashion clown show is not part of the Patriot way and he's on a one year bargain basement QB deal when 31 other teams didn't want him.
Agreed. I'm guessing that part has at least initially worked out, and that Cam will see Stidham playing a lot of reps by season's end and realize he isn't as important to that team as he has been in Carolina. Ego is an issues for sure ... but I get the feeling, like Ocho Cinco, Cam can park his massive ego in New England, at least for a couple of years. He'll surely appreciate his coaches in Carolina a lot more after it though. :D

I think it's amazing, based on his playing style that prior to the 2019 season Cam had only missed 5 games in his career.

Chris Simms has his own opinions but he isn‘t a member of the Patriots staff. Perhaps the Patriots weren’t as set on Stidham as Simms is.

And I trust their evaluations on QB’s a myriad more times than Chris Simms. I doubt I’m alone in that regard.

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist taking a shot as Simms, considering the other thread that’s been floating around.

Back
Top Bottom