Cam Newton signs with New England. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton signs with New England.

Their D got pretty looted man. Sure it's BB blah blah blah but they lost significant talent especially at LB.

There back end remains largely in place.

The pieces up front have always been interchangeable minus the few like Wilfork.

It appears some people have forgotten that the Patriots went 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel playing QB when Brady missed the entire season injured. A healthy Newton is a far better QB than Cassel ever was and the Patriots still have a top 10 defense and Belichick.

With Newton , I think the Patriots will win the division again and the Bills will come in 2nd. The Dolphins and Jets will once again fight to stay out of the bottom of the AFC East. I agee that for the Dolphins it will be 2021 before they become a factor In the AFC East.
That was 12 years ago on a team that went 16-0 the year before. The Patriots' defense will not be as good as it was last year and I highly doubt a washed Newton will be better than a washed Brady. Their offense isn't going to scare anyone.

Lost a lot of key components on defense this off season, also their offense wasnt looking that great. Besides a few rookie TE's what have they upgraded on that side of the ball?

the QB’s they faced early on really contributed to the #1 defensive rating. Let’s not forget that #1 defense couldn’t stop Ryan Fitzpatrick and Uncle Devante ( that’s what Gilmore calls him) with a bye in the line.

I think the Pats will play keep away with Newton. They will probably sign an aging power back or bring the 3rd round pick from last year along (Harris). Newton isn’t really a big turnover machine, he’s no Winston, Eli or Rivers. Power offense with play action and Cam contributing in the run game to go with a good defense is a good plan for them. Unless their weapons surprise.

cam Newton is not going to run Tom Brady’s offense. The patriots are smart they will tailor it to Cam’s strengths. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Belechick actually prefers what I described above.

With their defense Cam might actually do well there sorry to say

Or he could be a complete disaster . We'll see
Could be, I just don't see Cam being the same QB. He isn't a QB that is known to sit in the pocket and make reads. He is all about the THREAT of being able to run the ball himself. I don't think he is any where near that. Plus to me the contract tells me the Pats may not really see him as a possible starter. A base 1.1M contract is not exactly a vote of confidence type of contract, at least to me. It makes me feel the Pats are actually desperate.

Really looking at Newton career his reputation with many is built off 1 season. In 2015 he was exceptional. Every other year he’s between 17-24 TD’s with 13-17 picks and completes 59% of his passes. He’s been a part of 3 winning teams in Carolina.
I agree beyond 2015 he has been a good to AVG QB at best, not any where near to his MVP season.

Lost a lot of key components on defense this off season, also their offense wasnt looking that great. Besides a few rookie TE's what have they upgraded on that side of the ball?

That's exactly the issue. Cam is far from an accurate QB who makes GOOD choices when he is left in the pocket. I'm still not confident they see Cam as their starter. I think they are all in on Stidham.

The pats lost Van Noy, Jamie Collins And danny Shelton among a few other depth defenders. Not an easy get over

I am a Cam Newton fan, only as a footballer, not due to his dress sense. I still think he is starter material, and think he will do well at NE. I think this is a very good fit for him.

Back
Top Bottom