Cam Newton signs with New England. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton signs with New England.

I still see NE using more power running sets this year and less spread.

Which will help any QB that NE pushes onto the field. They still have a high end defense, just need a efficient ground game and you could see Tennessee 2.0
It will be nearly impossible for any RB to have the success that Henry had during the Titans run to the playoffs, literally historical.

I don't see a WR on that team resembling anything close to AJ Brown that will Cam to stretch the field when teams stack the box. And the TE's ... lol

It will be interesting to see how their defense holds up for the entire season. They didn't look that dominant in the second half of the season. For sure the schedule made the Pats D look better than it was in the first half of the season and not as bad as it looked in the second half. The D will probably be spending a lot more time on the field with Brady gone.

At least Cam will be better than Stidham.

He is better, but will he be the same Cam?

Will Cam actually challenge our Secondary in the 10 to 15 yard range, or worse...deep?

Will the new Offense to take advantage of Cam's Strengths be learned quick enough by the entire Offense before the face us week 1?

Will Cam still be able to take off with his runnibg skills as good as he used to, and if so how effective will he be against a very improved run defense.

If the Fitzmagic to Parker combo is still working, will Cam to new Receivers be able to answer week 1.

Might be a homer thing to say, but No, not worried about Cam...At least not so much week 1 even at Gillette Stadium.

To be clear I was saying the Patriots will end up trading Cam this year for a 2021 draft pick, not that they would trade him 2021.

I think BB and Cam make it wk..maybe not SB but 2nd rd exit in playoff. I dont like moved but happy for Cam.

I said the secret sauce in New England was Bellichick. With or without Cam, I think Bellichick will win the division. The two issues with Cam are always 1) can he stay healthy ... probably not, and 2) can he play mistake-free ball ... probably not. This Patriots team is poised to win with defense, not offense. It has been that way for several years now. Brady was not the savior last season he has been in previous seasons. So, if Newton and Stidham can play mistake-free ball (low INT's and fumbles), the Patriots should win the division yet again.

Today's Cam is not the player he was 5 years ago. The offense the Patriots run is very complex and QB-dependent. Don't expect Cam to waltz right in and be a plug-and-play productive QB. Either Bellichick will need to retool this offense rather dramatically for Cam, or Cam will need to do a crash-course of mastering a complex playbook. Probably a bit of both.

I'm expecting we'll see a more Jacoby Brissette style Patriots offense when Cam is in the game, and a more Brady/Garappolo style offense when Stidham is under center. It may make preparing for their offense more difficult.

Best case scenario....you are looking at an RT rebirth with a new opportunity, the local fans have been soured on Cam for awhile (even though i stand by my claim that before he got hurt in 2018 he was playing great ball)

Likely scenario...you are looking at a merc like Jay Cutler who will wow their fans at times and other times be like WTF!? with the media slobbering all over his **** in training camp talking about how strong his arm is and how healthy he looks

Worst case scenario...he gets injured again or looks like dog **** in the offense and he goes into complete recluse mode as the fans start clamoring for Stidham.

His shoulder injury was very worrisome for the fan base to the point that last year in a handful of mocks they were projected to go QB R1. Alot of the fans i know were wanting Daniel Jones. I projected Will Grier to them, just probably a round too early), he just wound up looking like ****. In his workouts the arm looked a little better, but you never fully know because the ankle injuries made it a little harder to show if his arm was fully back. He had a shot gun of an arm, powerful but the pellets kind of sprayed. Its like i mentioned in my first comment, Olson was his life saver. A super talented TE that could make insane catches to bail Cam out.

If he was playing for anyone else i would wish him the best of luck. He's always been surrounded by great running backs and a power running game that complimented him...Deangelo Williams, John Stewart, CMC. Tom Brady is more set up to win in TB than Cam is in NE.

I want them to win just enough to make sure they cant draft a top QB in R1 next year and like one of the above posters mentioned, Cam should be able to make that happen.

I said the secret sauce in New England was Bellichick. With or without Cam, I think Bellichick will win the division. The two issues with Cam are always 1) can he stay healthy ... probably not, and 2) can he play mistake-free ball ... probably not. This Patriots team is poised to win with defense, not offense. It has been that way for several years now. Brady was not the savior last season he has been in previous seasons. So, if Newton and Stidham can play mistake-free ball (low INT's and fumbles), the Patriots should win the division yet again.

Today's Cam is not the player he was 5 years ago. The offense the Patriots run is very complex and QB-dependent. Don't expect Cam to waltz right in and be a plug-and-play productive QB. Either Bellichick will need to retool this offense rather dramatically for Cam, or Cam will need to do a crash-course of mastering a complex playbook. Probably a bit of both.

I'm expecting we'll see a more Jacoby Brissette style Patriots offense when Cam is in the game, and a more Brady/Garappolo style offense when Stidham is under center. It may make preparing for their offense more difficult.
How about 3) Can Cam park his massive ego under a coach who doesn't show a lot of love? Belichick has probably already told him that the attention craving fashion clown show is not part of the Patriot way and he's on a one year bargain basement QB deal when 31 other teams didn't want him.

How about 3) Can Cam park his massive ego under a coach who doesn't show a lot of love? Belichick has probably already told him that the attention craving fashion clown show is not part of the Patriot way and he's on a one year bargain basement QB deal when 31 other teams didn't want him.
Can you see Cam in Houso trackies?

Cam or no Cam they are still much better than us so I'm not fussed.

I don't get it. Didn't Chris Simms tell us all how talented Stidham is???

Why would the Pats sign Cam Newton if they are so set at QB???

Boggles the mind.

well ... he does have newton ahead of brady for 2019 (8 vs 9) but I'm pretty sure brady played into the post season while newton faced rehab.... but he does have Rosen ahead of Fitz for 2019 even though fitz finished the season winning 5 of 9 (almost 6 of 9 ... bad call vs jets) with rosen on the bench ... go figure

from the way newton has carried himself in Carolina to his videos (all about me) to his outrageous (look at me) fashion shows at press conferences to the way he types his messages (twitter etc) (pay attention to me... I'm so unique)
I see a bad moon rising (there's a bathroom on the right)

Cam may pull it off but combining what we know about Cam and Belichick it doesn't look like a good marriage ... newton is on a prove it deal and he may not even get to play as he has to beat out Stidham and overcome himself ...

The Dolphins will have Tua and with all signs pointing upward (coaching, QB skillset and the team gaining momentum from last season) I think we overcome the Patriots AND jets this season

We have added talent at QB,RB,OL,DL and secondary .... talent many posters were saying didn't exist last year ... some of our additions depleted NE's talent ... I believe this is the year we get things started

Patriots are definitely better today than they were last week. The Patriots, arguably, had the weakest QB room in the NFL prior to signing Newton. If Newton stays healthy I imagine they will compete for the division title or a wildcard spot. I would probably rank the division: 1) Bills; 2) Patriots; 3) Dolphins; and, 4) Jets.

I can’t stand Cam but you just know he’ll play well under BB and we are going to hear all season how NE coaching has finally been what Cam needed to stay healthy, play smart and be a team guy. Yuck. I wanted Stiddler or whatever his name is.

Back
Top Bottom