Cam Newton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton

Yeah, but really they shouldn't have drafted him. He's a bum and is just another JeMarcus Russell clone. I'm glad he didn't fall to us. He's too lazy. He's a running QB that can't throw the football. :rolleyes2:

Did I miss any?

Hats off to Cam...I got to admit I didn't think he could play so well so soon...if at all...you have to give the young man his due...a helluva good start to his career despite losing the game

Damn impressive from Newton. Also take into account he has only had 5 weeks of training behind him.

Do people have so much anger towards Newton because of his father taking money?

Like I tried to tell people. This guy isn't a running QB, he's a QB who can run. Big difference. This guy can actually throw a football.

Newton had the most passing yards by any QB in his NFL debut, ever...not even just rookies I think. I think the record he broke was Otto Graham's. Not bad company.

Call me sadistic, I just want to see what Nolan Nawrocki has to say for himself. He's the guy that went pretty out of bounds IMO in his analysis of Newton for PFW. Other guys, hey if you hate the guy you hate the guy, it's like looking at artwork, if it doesn't speak to you then it doesn't speak to you. Mike Mayock is a good example of one of those. Charlie Casserly too, although he is IMO a gigantic fool.

I'm not going to fault anyone for not liking Cam Newton but you have to take it for what it is...a learning experience. Being wrong is usually a good learning experience.

Cam Newton had an incredible debut. Very impressive. But it's not the numbers that I'm impressed with... it's the fact that he's taken to the coaching that's been given to him so quickly. The numbers are a result of DRAMATICALLY improved lower body mechanics and footwork. He was stepping into his throws with bodies around him and following through with his passes..... he wasn't throwing off his back foot and using all arm like he did in college.

The Cam Newton that played for Carolina yesterday was NOT the same quarterback that was playing in Gus Malzahn's offense for Auburn last year. That much I know.

However, it's also only one game.... against what's probably the worse secondary in the NFL. Even if you only saw the highlights, it should be obvious that the big plays came against busted coverages.

I may end up being completely wrong about Cam, but I'm not convinced of it just yet. Nonetheless, he looked like the real deal in his rookie debut, but the NFL will have an answer for that performance yesterday... and he's going to have to get used to losing.

That's the first game he's lost in a very, very long time. How he responds to the losing over time is going to determine a lot.

He was solid . . . intriguing matchup against Capers and that Green Bay defense next week. I hope Cam does his thing. Not as big of a fan of Newton as some, but the dude definitely has the intangibles and the athletic ability to be a solid QB in the NFL.

Cam Newton had an incredible debut. Very impressive. But it's not the numbers that I'm impressed with... it's the fact that he's taken to the coaching that's been given to him so quickly. The numbers are a result of DRAMATICALLY improved lower body mechanics and footwork. He was stepping into his throws with bodies around him and following through with his passes..... he wasn't throwing off his back foot and using all arm like he did in college.

Dunno about all that. There was a lot of horrible mechanics and some god awful throws. Hes not a very accurate passer and is very fortunate to have several guys that can go up and get the ball.

Still its all there....the attitude and the ability. Its going to be a lot of fun to watch as he slowly figures out how to play the game.

Dunno about all that. There was a lot of horrible mechanics and some god awful throws. Hes not a very accurate passer and is very fortunate to have several guys that can go up and get the ball.

Still its all there....the attitude and the ability. Its going to be a lot of fun to watch as he slowly figures out how to play the game.

I do. His lower body mechanics were much more solid in this game than they were last year at Auburn. He was unstoppable throwing the 15 yard out yesterday, which is a result of improved footwork. He routinely stepped into his throws and threw off his lead leg with bodies around him.... he never really did that last year... he used all arm.

He went from using sloppy footwork 90% of the time to 50% of the time yesterday. That's a drastic improvement. But he has to KEEP improving and be consistent with it, just like any other quarterback in the NFL. He can't allow his mechanics to break down under pressure... which is coming.

He can't start trying to do to much when the losses start piling up...

Cam Newton also has a pretty good supporting cast as well. The great thing about Cam is his ability to be accurate with his throws and throw some power. He is in my opinion, what Michael Vick didn't develop early in his career. All this talk about Vick being a running qb wasn't true because he could also throw the ball very well.

Two games so far and he is putting up big yards. Big 0 and 2 none the less...You gotta win in the this league to get my respect. Also I do agree that its his first two games..Teams will get game film on him and start to adjust. Arizona secondary is god awful, no depth... Gb got shredded yards wise but Cam made alot of mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom