Cam Newton? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton?

Not a fan of poaching superstars from other teams in the hopes they’ll recreate their past glory, unless it’s literally the final piece on a championship team.

Always been a big fan, but not sure he fits this offense with his biggest issues being with his accuracy. His health is also a huge red flag, and he'll be 31 when next season starts. Not worth the risk for a team that has to get it right at QB this time, IMO.

Like others have said, I’d take a vet who is ready to work through some growing pains and teach a young guy he KNOWS is taking his spot. EVERY young guy who has been successful has had time to grown behind a hard working veteran who shows them how to study and tricks of the trade at this level. I’d keep Fitz tbh been around 15 years has learned a lot and has a ton to pass along about how to study and prepare/practice.

Fitzpatrick and Rosen are better options if we don’t draft a QB because they are already under contract and cost us zero resources. Cam would be an expensive stop-gap player which wouldn’t really fit in with what the FO has done so far in the rebuild.

Im not a fan. Listened to a podcast recently (cant recall name) that made a convincing argument for this but id rather find our own guy. If we have to stick with Fitz another year to be patient and find our franchise QB, that's fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom