Cam Newton? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton?

last year it was his shoulder, his throwing motion looked worse than a div 3 ncaa qb, this year its the foot.

he is not a high upside qb stop gap while drafting a developmental QB. Give me Fitz any day of the week to try to mentor a rookie QB over Newton. most of the locals expect him to be traded, but if allen finishes off the season strongly then he figures to be gone regardless if he cant be traded. Kyle Allen does have a problem holding on to the ball and many (dumbasses) thought Will Grier would be cut in preseason to let yall know how little faith they have in him. They do probably need to go into the season with a veteran in the meeting room, only problem is, if kyle allen wins them games its hard to keep Cam, it would be a distraction....

as far as cam goes...

if traded...i would say look towards Den (if Flacco is really done), Chicago (if Mitch doesnt finish strong).

If he is released I see him trying to land in Tampa Bay... it would give him a chance to have 2 prove it games to the Panthers a year, and he's always played in the SE so im sure thats where he'd like to stay ideally. (I only see TB if released, Panthers prob wouldnt trade within division)

as far as to get this back on topic and not what do i think the panthers qb situation looks like in 2020...

Unless anything crazy as **** happens in the next 7 games the QB room next year should consist of Fitz, Rosen, Rookie. If Fitz gets hurt this week and Rosen goes the **** off the rest of the season then that could fit under crazy, but the QB room should stay as above. Only way i remotely see going after Cam is if Fitz gets hurt and just says he's going to retire and Rosen looks like ass, then maybe then bring in Cam.

last year it was his shoulder, his throwing motion looked worse than a div 3 ncaa qb, this year its the foot.

he is not a high upside qb stop gap while drafting a developmental QB. Give me Fitz any day of the week to try to mentor a rookie QB over Newton. most of the locals expect him to be traded, but if allen finishes off the season strongly then he figures to be gone regardless if he cant be traded. Kyle Allen does have a problem holding on to the ball and many (dumbasses) thought Will Grier would be cut in preseason to let yall know how little faith they have in him. They do probably need to go into the season with a veteran in the meeting room, only problem is, if kyle allen wins them games its hard to keep Cam, it would be a distraction....

as far as cam goes...

if traded...i would say look towards Den (if Flacco is really done), Chicago (if Mitch doesnt finish strong).

If he is released I see him trying to land in Tampa Bay... it would give him a chance to have 2 prove it games to the Panthers a year, and he's always played in the SE so im sure thats where he'd like to stay ideally. (I only see TB if released, Panthers prob wouldnt trade within division)

as far as to get this back on topic and not what do i think the panthers qb situation looks like in 2020...

Unless anything crazy as **** happens in the next 7 games the QB room next year should consist of Fitz, Rosen, Rookie. If Fitz gets hurt this week and Rosen goes the **** off the rest of the season then that could fit under crazy, but the QB room should stay as above. Only way i remotely see going after Cam is if Fitz gets hurt and just says he's going to retire and Rosen looks like ***, then maybe then bring in Cam.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rosen cut this offseason. Does that fall under "crazy"?

son. Does that f

unless someone will give us back what we traded for him....which isnt going to happen...i would put his odds at being on the team at about 99% next year. Only other thing is if we pull a washington and double up on QB's high and low, then Rosen will be gone. like i said off topic a little but i see Fitz, (starter), Rosen (2nd), rook (redshirt) 2020, and then 2021 the rook starting, Rosen backing him up.

but like i mentioned to be back on topic, i think we need the vet in the room, just rather that vet be Fitz than Cam, Even if we release Rosen in the offseason we still need a veteran pressence for the Rook and Cams playstyle doesnt really fit the "watch me and learn" play style

Once again...

Here is a prime example of what happens to running QBs when they hit 30.

Say no to Cam... and to the NCAA QBs who run the ball a great deal.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rosen cut this offseason. Does that fall under "crazy"?
No more cutting players that still hold value. For all the anti roseners. You have to at least trade for something.

No more cutting players that still hold value. For all the anti roseners. You have to at least trade for something.
Well yeah that would be best case, but when a 2nd team trades you in 2 years, hard to see who would trade for that. Doubt there would be any trade partners, even for a late round pick.

Well yeah that would be best case, but when a 2nd team trades you in 2 years, hard to see who would trade for that. Doubt there would be any trade partners, even for a late round pick.
In a QB STARVED league with teams openly...desperately looking for a qb...and a top 10 talent who was massacred his rookie year and is now sitting behind a coaching coach learning in year two......has no trade value??
Separate fandom from the business of the NFL. There is no question if, which I believe would be a mistake, Rosen has trade value.

I don't see the downside here.

Before he got hurt last year he was playing from the pocket and a very very high level. He's never really had the best weapons and will have really good ones in Miami and never really had a coach that calls easy plays like Oshea does.

It might not be a bad idea.

unless someone will give us back what we traded for him....which isnt going to happen...i would put his odds at being on the team at about 99% next year. Only other thing is if we pull a washington and double up on QB's high and low, then Rosen will be gone. like i said off topic a little but i see Fitz, (starter), Rosen (2nd), rook (redshirt) 2020, and then 2021 the rook starting, Rosen backing him up.

but like i mentioned to be back on topic, i think we need the vet in the room, just rather that vet be Fitz than Cam, Even if we release Rosen in the offseason we still need a veteran pressence for the Rook and Cams playstyle doesnt really fit the "watch me and learn" play style

This isn't 90's NFL where your I was a 1st round pick card buys you 4 years, In this day and age as should be the case, Teams will cut their QB if he doesn't cut it..
Setting rookie payscales may be the one thing good that came from the CBA. Teams are no longer stuck with a bust QB who will hamstring your salary cap if you cut him, No more 1st or 2nd round holdouts in training camp..

Anyways For me i'd get rid of fitzpatrick just because he has little upside left in his game.. Unless you absolutely have no belief left in Josh Rosen's growth as a QB then i'd keep him for the time being.

depends how competitive we want to be next year.... if we miss out on tua and big joe do we chase the 3rd qb, wait until the second? trade back in the first? there are many options, none of us have a say all we can do is let it play out. Cam Newton would be a fantastic plan C or D :lol:

I guess not many people on here have seen him shot put the football the past two years. I dont care if he still had his legs. He cant throw the ball ten yards accurately. He was done last year. Go check out the Saints game in December of last year. I felt sorry for him.

This isn't 90's NFL where your I was a 1st round pick card buys you 4 years, In this day and age as should be the case, Teams will cut their QB if he doesn't cut it..
Setting rookie payscales may be the one thing good that came from the CBA. Teams are no longer stuck with a bust QB who will hamstring your salary cap if you cut him, No more 1st or 2nd round holdouts in training camp..

Anyways For me i'd get rid of fitzpatrick just because he has little upside left in his game.. Unless you absolutely have no belief left in Josh Rosen's growth as a QB then i'd keep him for the time being.

most definately he's cuttable, but what i was saying is maybe they might be deeming him a back up qb on a reasonable rookie contract. for the most part unless you are complete garbage or a locker room disaster most teams arent going to part ways with a first round pick on the cheaper rookie contracts (see charles harris) you just suck it up and hope you can get some trade value out of them or at some point they become quality depth. Has Rosen did anything to show that he deserves to have the 5th year option even considered..hell no... but with his still potential then the contract he has is worth being a back up none the less. the main reason i was saying keep fitz over the other options (along with Rosen) was Fitz is a good locker room presence and i feel he could be a better mention as opposed to Rosen being the veteran QB on the team next year. I dont know if he's ever had to be an actual mentor...im not wiki'ing all his seasons, but Rosen talked highly of him and the vets respect him. .

I will say this about Cam, WHEN playing he seems like a me first person, I've always hated the fact that whoever scores has to give the ball to cam so he can hand it out in the stadium, his injury interview he gave in his cigar bar around week 3 this year was a complete joke, but he has stayed with the team the entire time when he could be sitting at home saying he needed to stay off his feet, i just think you need a more intelligent QB if you're looking for a mentor, or at least a QB with similar play styles of their protege

Back
Top Bottom